Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NGN Training and Diet Log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:50 pm

T-day

Woke at 5:30 this morning. It doesnt seem like I can get more than 7hrs of sleep at a time. I have a lot of pain in my triceps from the diamond pushup workout from Monday. Very very tender lower triceps to elbow.
6:00 coffee, water 10g glutamine, 2g beta alanine, 3g citrulline, multi vit, B-100, tumeric extract.
9:00 Xtend BCAA
9:15 warm up
9:30 Hill run 1.5 mile up,1.5 mile down. 960ft elevation change. Ran up and down without walking. Im pretty stoked with this development as I expected to have to run it a few more times before being able make it up and down with out walking.
10:00 Xtend BCAA w/ 15g glutamine
10:15 Strength Training

Walked to park w/50lb sandbag and 20lb in pack
warmup dynamic stretching 2 sets pull ups/2 sets chins
20rep pull up program w/20lb.
Alternate pull up/chin w/90 sec rest
Due to monday performance I skipped day 13 and went on to day 14
6,6,7,6,4 Nailed it! and added a 10sec hold at last rep/last set
2min rest
BW rows one arm
1x8R
60sec
1x8L
60sec
1x7R
60sec
1x8L
BW rows 2 arms
1x15
60sec
1x12
BWrows chin grip
1x10
30sec
1/3 mile run
60 sec

Dips w/50# w/90 sec rest
Russian Dips
1x8 to reg dips x 2

90sec

Frontlever reps 3 to hanging leg raise 5
90sec
Hanging leg raise 7
90sec
tuck front lever reps 5

At this point I realise I am nearly out of juice and walk home 1/3mile with 50lb sandbag carry and 20lb in pack. Ran last 100m

This is getting crazy. Endurance up, Strength up, Energy up.

12:15 Break fast with 30oz smoothie mangos, peach, pineapple, papaya, fresh apple juice. 15g glutamine
1:30 54g whey protein with 5g luecine, 2g beta alanine, 3g creatine, vit B-100 cap, 1500mg EFA, 750mg DHA .

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:29 am

A little hill motivation

6:00 multi-vit, b-100, 10g glutamine, 3g citrulline, 2g beta alanine

totally forgot to drink coffee this morning...weird right?

9:00 Xtend BCAA
9:30 Hill run 1.5m up, 1.5m down
10:00 Extend BCAA w/15g glutamine
Walk up hill with 50lb sandbag,
15 diamond push ups elevated,
15 sandbag front squats
Walk down with sandbag
10 front squats
10 elevated push ups - 5 clapping push ups elevated
5 front lever reps
5 pull ups
Done
Killin it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Wake up 5:25 10g glutamine, 2g beta alanine, 3g citrulline, multi-vit, B-100
6:00 xtend bcaa
warm up
6:30 hill run, nailed it, did the run up no walking, 10burpees at the top with no rest, run down, 10 elevated push ups, 10 hanging knee raises.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Im questioning if Jerry Rice actually ran the hill everyday. But I put that aside for now as I get out of bed. Its 5:30am and my legs don't want to go up that hill again.
Im moving slowly...5:45 I gulp down 2 glasses of water with my multi vit, B-100, 2g beta-alanine, 3g citrulline, and tumeric extract.
5:55 Xtend BCAA w/10g glutamine

I get to the hill at 6:05 and begin my warm up. Stretching calves, dynamic hamstring stretches, jumping jacks, high stepping jogs, some 40% speed sprints in the parking lot and that running side step thing with the criss-crossing feet (I do these fast)and more stretching. Warm up is about 20 min.
I wanted to start early today and do my burpees at the top with the sun
rising.
The run feels a little harder today but it's been hard everyday. The first half mile is steep and it feels like forever by the time I see the 1/4 mile marker. The second half mile is even steeper and there are no flat sections longer than 40yrs and those are very few. The last half mile is switch backs going up a steep part of the hill. Sometimes my stride feels like its only about 8" long but I keep pumping the legs. The last 50yrd is the steepest part and I sprinted up it. Though I dont think it would look much like a sprint to any onlooker. I am very winded and it takes about 15 seconds before I can start my burpees on a large flat rock. Its cloudy and the sun rise is obscured. 10 burpees and Im running back down...I need to bring that to 30. I am very winded and take it easy on the way down so I dont fall.
When I reach the bottom I attemp a set of pistol squats and fall over. lol, 30 sec rest and I knock out 6 pistols per leg. A little cool down and head home.
Its now 2:15 and my legs are feeling awesome, not much soreness at all, more like a tight feeling and a tingle like I can feel the muscles being built. I think I can start focusing on the speed now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:10 am

Had about 2,000 kCal today, pretty low carbs for me anyway, about 40g, and about 180g protein.

my legs are feeling very good, only the slightest bit of soreness and a little tight. upper body feeling good.
I stretched out my legs and lower back for about 15min and worked out some tightness.
I am practicing visualization of blasting up the hill and instead of using the few flats as slow recuperative zones I will cut time and run faster. Then I will destroy my strength workout. Im excited for tomorrow, day 15 and last day of the level 1 on the 20 pull up program. I will nail it with ease and graduate to level 2. huah! no fear.

Anything the mind can conceive and believe it can achieve. - Napoleon Hill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Woke up at 4:30 this morning. I need some valerian root and zma to get my sleep down. It doesnt seem like I can get past 6hrs without getting up.

My legs are a little sore and tight.
5:00 have my usual morning concoction. and 2 glasses of water
I get a lil distracted after I dropped the kids at school and didnt get to the hill till 9:25
9:25 - 45 warm up
9:45 Hill run up 1.5 mile 960'climb lots of rocks and terrain 18:51
caught my breath 15-30 secs
20 burpees (will bring it to 30)
Run down. total time 34:25

I tried to run up faster today and use the flat sections to gain some speed but Im not quite there

short warm down and drive home. I get a call and will have to abbreviate the strength routine. All the time I have will go to the pull up routine.

20 pull up program with 20lbs
The first set feels so good I decide to jump to Level 2 Day one
Alternate pull ups/chins w/90sec rest
7,8,7,5,5 Nailed it!

I have to jump in the shower and jet. quickly make a 40oz smoothie, take a previously made breakfast burrito and 3 scoops (80g) of whey protein to go.

I am very please and somewhat surprised at the speed of progress in my strength levels and endurance.

I am wondering if I need to take a rest day for my legs though. It would be nice to be fresher and faster for Weds run. I am running it with a former track and field olympic team member. Shes a sprinter though so I dont know if she is going to make it up.

Input guys? do you think Rice really ran that hill everyday? If I keep on will it get easy. Ive run it 6 days in a row. I have a constant level of soreness but no strain in the joints. Flexiblity is good ie palms to floor during standing ham stretch. Ive been running in minimal shoes and my feet are not liking that, they are sore and I feel every little rock on the way down. I think I may have to switch to some XCracers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:01 am

OK Fine...no input to my question on the daily run. I already know loo's answer but wanted to hear from others too. Never mind. I will let my body tell me. It's telling me to go run up that mountain again. Cool

Legs are feeling better today than yesterday.Calves and glutes a lil tight.

Todays WOD:

3 mile hile run. 1.5 miles up with 30 burpees at the top 1.5 mile down.
3 mile hile hike with 70lbs farmers walk.

The dude with the craziest workouts and is smart enough not to hurt himself wins.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:04 am

The run up went fine but didnt gain any speed, my right knee more specifically upper muscle connection just under knee cap was feeling a little stressed. So I took it easy on the way down

I did manage a set of 30 burpees at the top after about 30 sec of catching my breath
At the bottom I drank another Xtend BCAA with 10g glutamine and farmers walked back up to the top with 2 - 35lb apollo plates, they have built in handles which make them perfect for this.
So 1.5 miles up with the plates.
did a clean and 10squats at the top and 5 elevated pushups. LOL that was all I could manage at that point.
Farmers walk back down. At this point my arms were getting pretty taxed.
made it down and did another 10 squats after doing another clean to get the plates over my shoulders.

Got home and made a 40 oz mango papaya and pineapple smoothie, had 3 chicken thighs. got 15g glutamine, 2 g beta alanine, 3g citrulline, 3g creatine in too.
showered up and soaked in a hot bath with epsom salts for about 30min.
2 scoops whey protein w 5g leucine. took my fish oil
later in the afternoon ate 4 eggs with a pile of spinach and mushrooms
later ate 4 more eggs with some ham and ezekiel bread.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:08 am

8 days to cardio fitness!

I've always hated running and havent run since my Army days but for some reason I entered a spartan race. I had to get ready for the hilly course.

8 days ago I attempted to run up Cowles mnt for the 4th time. It kicked my butt and I could only manage to run to the 1/2 mile marker. That night I watched a film on Jerry Rice's Hill. In that video he said he ran that hill everyday during the offseason. I went back to my hill the next day and ran up to the top without stopping and Ive been back every single day since. Today as I walked to the hill I wondered why it wasnt getting easier and it dawned on me that it wasnt getting easier because I was still so focused on just making it to the top. In fitness if you want to get better at something you have to make it harder to do. Today, 8 days after I couldnt make it up I ran it twice without stopping. It took me 74 min so I definitely didnt set any speed records. Maybe I'll take a day off....

nah Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Yesterday was day 9 in a row of running the hill. That went pretty well and I got the time to 32:20 but I want that to be around 28 min by the end of next week. The first mile is freaking brutal and I can make it in 13:20 This is where I think the most progress will come if I can get this down to around 10min and the next half mile to 4 min. it will be great.

I am very worn out, my back and traps are feelin thrashed still from the 70lb farmers walk up the mountain on Tuesday and the 2laps of the mountain yesterday killed my hams. Calories on Wed were low and I ate some premade meal...got lazy for a min there.

The strength workout suffered
20 pull up program w/20lb level2 day2
Alternate pull ups/chins with 90 sec rest
8,8,6,6,4 MISS....numbers needed to be 8,8,7,7,4
Went into core work and was feeling very fatigued and called it a day.

added maca root to the supplement stack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:27 pm

10th day to run the mountain. Glutes, calves, hams feel painful. But they also feel pretty strong.

8:00
It rained and is muddy. Ran a bit slower today so I wouldnt slip but traction wasnt too bad. I wasnt pushing too hard since I feel like since I ran it 10 days in a row I will take the weekend off and I just have to make it. That is if Ironloo doesnt scold me. The run though being very painful is psychologically much easier and I dont find myself worried about how much further I have to go to get to the top where the pain will stop.
At the bottom:
Elevated diamonds 20
Elevated clapping push ups 4
60 sec rest
14 close grip pull ups on tree branch
60 sec
leg raises 8
60 sec
knee raises 9

Went across the street to the cafe and had a cup of coffee
went home and stretched a bit
Cranked out 6 pull ups and 5 chin ups with 50lbs 3 min rest between....muhahahaha

12:00 24oz fruit smoothie with lots o goodies
1:00 60g protein w luecine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Rest day and no run...ahhh my glutes are thankin me

Eating lots. Carbin up with yams, fruit. Ate half a jar of organic PB with a pile of celery. eggs, spinach, mushrooms, brocholli. Cookin steak tonight.

Did another set of 6 pull ups with 50lb. last rep was easier than yesterday

Went out and got a weight belt and doing GTG with 70lbs and 2 reps every 1.5hrs or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Another R-day...

Slept well last night....first night in a long time that I got 8hrs. Was still a bit sleepy til about 11:00 this morning. I was thinking and got confirmation that the sleepiness was the effect of the higher carbs yesterday. I will continue with carbing up today but will taper off to no or very little carbs for my last meal so Im not groggy in the morning.

GTG with 70lbs continues with 2 reps pull ups and 3 reps to chest chin ups.

Still just a lil sleepy but feeling good. Feeling strong n the upper body. Legs feel about 80% with just slight soreness in calves and glutes. Hamstrings feel 100%

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:35 pm

NGN wrote:
Rest day and no run...ahhh my glutes are thankin me

Eating lots. Carbin up with yams, fruit. Ate half a jar of organic PB with a pile of celery. eggs, spinach, mushrooms, brocholli. Cookin steak tonight.

Did another set of 6 pull ups with 50lb. last rep was easier than yesterday

Went out and got a weight belt and doing GTG with 70lbs and 2 reps every 1.5hrs or so.

what kind of weight belt did you buy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:45 pm

hey Beasty,

its a Harbinger...total POS and isnt the most comfy but I just wanted a cheap belt that would hold the weight. And that it does. I just did 3 chin ups to chest with 70lbs and nearly got a solid rep with 100lbs. My chin was at the bottom of the bar...I will hit that next week and should get a nice 4-5 rep set with 70.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:08 pm

awesome Chins bro!!! Im a big fan of the Spud Inc Dip belt... If you ever get another belt then you should try it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:23 pm

T-Day

Legs still dont feel recovered but I decide to hit the hill anyway. Its 10:30 when I get there and hot...over 85 deg. Im stupidly ignore signs that I am not ready to make the run in this heat. During the warm up my legs feel weak...s**t! Im also getting cotton mouth already. I take a couple of swigs of water but now I dont have time to fully hydrate...f**k it...I head out on the run.
Damn, full on cotton mouth and dry throat right out of the gate. I think about turning around and trying again tomorrow, but keep driving on. Got no power in the legs but manage to get the first mile 5 sec faster than my previous best. The next half mile I am toast and feel flushed and overheated. I make it up to the top just about 30 sec slower than normal but feel awful. My head is very hot, my throat hurts from breathing the super dry and dusty air. I turn and run down. I am very slow on the way down. Usually can run very fast on the few flat sections and slow down for the steep parts but Im just crawling at this point.
I make it down and try to cool off and down the 70oz of water in my camelbak that I left in the car. hehe Do I really have a strength workout to do too? s**t yes...and after all the talk about having awesome workouts all the time due to great nutrition....
Pride before a fall I guess....
I actually put the poor performance of this run in the fault of insufficient recovery and slight dehydration.
I head home to get more water before going to the park.

11:15 Xtend BCAA and lots more water

11:30 head to the park
short warm up. seems like after a run I need less warm up.

20 pull up program w/ 20lbs level2 day 2
Alternate pull ups/ chins with 90 sec rest between sets
8,7,7,7,4 Ha...It feels like Im going to have a solid work out after all.

One arm rows
1x10R,10L
1x 8R,8L
Reg Rows
1x23
1x18 holy s**t I gained like 8 reps on those.

Dips with 50lbs 90 sec rest between sets
8,8,7,7,6 Felt pretty weak here...weird.

Hanging leg raises
1x10
1x8
Hanging knee raises
1x8
1x6

Energy levels are tapering off rapidly towards the end of the workout.Time to head home, fully hydrate and eat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:39 am

Tues NGN WOD:
3 mile hill run
3 mile farmer's walk of hill with 35lb plates, 30 squats w/70lbs at top of hill and 30 squats w/ 70lbs at the bottom.

should take me about 2hrs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 pm

My legs are not recovered and the run suffered for it. The first mile was actually my fastest time though by about 6 seconds. The next 1/2 mile up they were completely outa gas. The total time for the 3mile run was about 4 min slower than previous best.

I went ahead and did the farmers walk with the 2-35# plates, 3 sets of 10 squats at the top, walked down and did 1 set of 10 squats and the bottom.
I can tell when I know for sure that I am at the brink of over exhaustion so I wimped out on the rest of the squats.
My legs feel completely thrashed, the 2 days off this weekend were simply not enough to heal. I think I need to back off just a bit on the legs and then push the limit again.

I head home and soak in epsom salt bath for an hour....feel much better.

Wed morning...
Im meeting up with someone to run the hill again...I know I need the rest but I dont want to miss it. She's not going to make it till 9:30 so I take the opportunity to take another soak.
Man that does wonders and my legs are feelin pretty good.

9:30 hill run...taken it easy. I pushed a little on the last 1/2 mile and can tell I still need the rest.

No more running this week and I will kill it on Monday. Lookin for a time up in under 18:00
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:27 pm

No run today.

had a fitful night of sleep...waking at 3:00, 4:00, and finally at 5:30. shoulders and upper back not fully recovered from the 3mile farmers walk with 70lbs 2 days ago.

6:00 10g glutamine, 2g beta alanine, multi vitamins, co-Q10, B-100, 3g citrulline, 1g vit C, 1/3tsp organic maca root powder.

10:30 Xtend BCAA w 10g glutamine.

warmup at park with 1/6 mile sprint, 1/6 mile jog. some dynamic stretching

MU 1
60sec rest
MU 1
I havent done these for a while and was wondering if I could even still do them
90 sec rest

20 pull up program with 20lbs Level2 Day3
Alternate pull ups/chins with 90 sec rest
7,8,8,7,4 ....
dang it missed on the last set. I know it is from not being fully recovered from Tues workout. Im not worried though as I am still adapting and should be used to the schedule soon....then it'll be time to make it
harder!

I brought a section of 2" rope and did rope pull ups
2 x 8reps with 90 sec rest
120 sec rest
BW rope rows
2x15 with 90 sec rest

MU 1 to straight bar dips 16
90sec rest
parallel bar dips 1x 18

My chest is not feeling particularly strong the past couple of workouts and that feels strange to me since usually my chest is my strongest bodypart.

Hanging windmill leg raises
1x10
1x8
Hanging Knee raises
2x10

I go to hang upside down off the bar with my knees to do hanging crunches and its a total fail...had nuthin.

Go home for rope climb aftersets....hahahaha IRONLOO!!!!
I looked in my wife's purse but couldnt fnd my gloves....hehe

Got up the rope 2x before having to use my legs. did not do the l-sit climbs. the rope is 18' off ground.

Very pleased with the workout. I think I need to bring calories up a notch to help the recovery speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Friday:

Today 6 sets of GTG pull ups w/70 x 2
1-2 hrs between sets

Saturday:
Same as Friday

Sunday:
Rest

Monday
8:30
Warm up - 60% sprints and dynamic stretching
Hill Run - I felt amazing and blasted out of the gates and did the first half mile way too fast (5:40) I need to pace myself I think. Got to the 1 mile marker at 13:00 which is alot better than normal but considering the 2nd half mile is an easier run than the 1st half I think I could have gotten 12:30 or better if I would have taken it easier , maybe at 6:00 for the first half...Got to the top in 18:10, a new PR by :41 and ran down for a total time of 30:48, another PR by almost 2 min.

9:30 Strength training

Pull-ups
70lbs x 2
90 sec
bw x 10
120 sec
70lbs x 2
90sec
bw x 10
120 sec
70lbs x 1 and 10sec hold
120 sec
bw x 10
120 sec
70lbs x 1 and 5 sec hold
120 sec
bw x 10
120 sec
70lbs x 1
120 sec
bw x 10
120 sec
70lbs x 1
120 sec
bw x 10
120 sec
chin up 70lbs x 2
120 sec
bw x 10
120 sec
chin up 70lbs x 1
120 sec
bw x 9

3min rest

2" rope pull ups
2x8 w 120 sec rest
120 sec
rope row bw
2x12 w 120 sec rest

3min rest

Dips (120 sec rest)
70lbs x 5
bw x 15
70lbs x 3
bw x 10
70lbs x 2 w 10sec hold top
bw x 10
70lbs x 1 w 10 sec hold
bw x 10
70lbs x 1 w 10 sec hold
bw x 10
70lbs x 1 w 10 sec hold
bw x 10

3 min rest

Windshield wipers
1x4
Was outa energy and time....go home

Rope climb 1x...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Tuesday

Got 4hrs of sleep on the planks of a rocking ship during an overnight field trip with my son. Had a blast but Im tired.

Had to hit the core though
all around 120sec rest between sets and exercises.
All exercises hanging off bar

One leg Front lever holds
3x10 sec
1 x 5sec one leg/5sec tucked

Windshield wipers
2x10

Windmills
2x10
1x9

Leg raises toe to bar
1x10
1x8

knee raises
1x6

Abs are totally outa gas....haha feels great.

Time to eat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Wed. Rest Day

Hill run: paced myself and hit the 1/2 mile at 6:00 but still slowed a bit on the next 1/2 mile...got to the 1 mile marker in 12:46 and up to the top in 18:06.
I was so hoping to get to the top in the 17's...oh well.
took about 15 sec breather and ran down, at bottom did 15 pull ups on tree branch straight away.

Thursday...my 10th wedding anniversary today so I was running around getting flowers and stuff, no time for workout
Took my bride out to eat at a fancy place and ate like crap....so hoping not to ruin the next day's training...I was going to try and eat all clean but the wife was like "really? its our anniversary...live a little."
lobster, shrimp, fish, all good but then was wine and desert
desert was icecream and lava cake....ouch was good but....

Friday -
Training: Hill run- felt weak in the legs and just ran outa steam and couldnt sprint the last 1/8 like I normally do....18:45. Lost 44 seconds

At park
Pull ups w 2 min rest
70lbs x 3
BW x 8
70lbs x 2
BW x 9
70lbs x 2
BW x 14
BW x 12

Dips 5min rest

Rope pull ups
1x6

Feeling a real lack of energy and strength during this workout.
Called it quits and went home...when diet hampers the workout it just feels like Im spinning my wheels, accelerating against an invisible wall.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:33 am

3 1/2 month progress....now time to kick it up a notch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Im back on track. took the weekend off,

Monday 10/29

8:30 Hill run 1.5 mile 1000'climb 18:08 - My legs felt really sluggish and didnt seem to have the fuel, muscles seemed to hurt more. I pushed though and thought I might be able to break into the 17s but just wasnt fast enough today.

9:30 Park workout: High rep emphasis, going to failure each set.

Pull ups and Dips alternating with 2 min rest between sets
Pullups: 18,10,12,9,9,6,7,5
Dips: 35,25,22,22,17,14,12,10

Core work suffered as I had no more grip and back strength left to support hanging core exercises. Will have to visit the core another time.

Tues 10/30
8:30 Hill run - ran like crap....legs felt wasted. I dont know if it because I am just pushing this hill run too hard and just cant recover fast enough or it was because I cheated on the diet and had some pizza last night....hmmm

Wed 10/31
No run today...no time for a real workout either. I had to prep some stuff for my kids' class Halloween parties.
Abbreviated workout. Cleaned the house and vacuumed during rest periods

Pull ups +70lbs w 4-5min rest
Pull ups + 35lbs

Dips 3 min rest

pretty stoked at the strength and endurance gains.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   

Back to top Go down

NGN Training and Diet Log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next