Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

pull up help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mahalkobalisongs

PostSubject: pull up help   Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:52 am

i have only been able to do 1 or 2 pull up for about six months Sad what can ido to get it up to 8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: pull up help   Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 am

are they wide grip or close grip pull ups?

you can do chin ups (underhand grip), jump up and go slow down(negative), or just hold yourself at down or top position

you can do australian pull ups too, all this helped me

if your max get to 5 you can search some pull ups programs,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mahalkobalisongs

PostSubject: Re: pull up help   Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:00 am

whats australian pull ups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: pull up help   Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:03 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJe5xLbxaxg

can you do more sets of 2 pull ups or you are really exhausted after the first 2

maybe your diet is bad so you cant get stronger but i doubt that just try doing easier alternatives
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: pull up help   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Grease the Groove...do one pullup every hour that you are awake. When that gets easy do 2 every hour. Im pretty sensitive to overtraining so even if you do this every other day it will work. move up to 3, 4 , 5, and so on until you can easily do 10 every hour. Dont do it if you feel sore and dont push to failure with GTG.

Its also easier to do pullups if you're lean and nutrition will play a huge role there.

Check out leangains.com. Judging from pics Im about 12% bodyfat and am working to get in the 6% range.

Im no superstar here and am just getting started after many years (almost 20) of not working out. GTG has helped me tremendously in getting back into it and teaching my body to do what I would like it to do.

GTG got me from 0 HSPU to 6 HSPUs in 2 weeks and sets of 3 pistol squats to 12 in the same time frame.

Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digit

PostSubject: Re: pull up help   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:54 pm

NGNFitness wrote:
Grease the Groove...do one pullup every hour that you are awake. When that gets easy do 2 every hour. Im pretty sensitive to overtraining so even if you do this every other day it will work. move up to 3, 4 , 5, and so on until you can easily do 10 every hour. Dont do it if you feel sore and dont push to failure with GTG.

Its also easier to do pullups if you're lean and nutrition will play a huge role there.

Check out leangains.com. Judging from pics Im about 12% bodyfat and am working to get in the 6% range.

Im no superstar here and am just getting started after many years (almost 20) of not working out. GTG has helped me tremendously in getting back into it and teaching my body to do what I would like it to do.

GTG got me from 0 HSPU to 6 HSPUs in 2 weeks and sets of 3 pistol squats to 12 in the same time frame.

Hope that helps.

+++++++++++++++++++++

This is the key GTG. Well never used it for pull ups but with push ups i got great gains. If u have a bar available in your house go for it!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DannTheSuperman

PostSubject: Re: pull up help   Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:12 pm

NGNFitness wrote:

Hope that helps.

6 HSPUs without a support of a wall ?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: pull up help   Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Im sorry no I still have the wall for help with the balance. still practicing the balance free HS.

I still think its pretty cool I can do that many so soon even with the wall...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mahalkobalisongs

PostSubject: Re: pull up help   Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:05 pm

NGNFitness wrote:

Hope that helps.

thanks but i think it might take me a week to work up to it cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pull up help   

Back to top Go down

pull up help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1