Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Need help with Muscle up strength progression.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
funk49

PostSubject: Need help with Muscle up strength progression.   Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:15 am

Hello guys

Last week, finally I did my 1st muscle up training session.
It was my goal since I have started calisthenics and I want to improve that skill as far as it's possible.
I would like to ask you what should I do to progress my MU strentgh ?
Should I quit doing pull ups and focus only on MU ?
For now my routine looks like: 2x week push days and 2x week pull/legs days.

I think about something like:

5x 2reps of MU
3min rest inbetween reps

I intend to do that 2 times a week.

I would be very grateful for any advices
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Muscle up strength progression.   Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:16 am

try doing deadhang explosive pullups with chest touching the bar for every rep for 3-5 reps for 3-5 sets with 2 mins rest in between for 2-3 times a week for a good 2-3 weeks. you will notice a different when doing MUs again as you'll gain explosive strength to get yourself higher easily in a few weeks time.

prior to that, you could also do 1 rep of MU for several sets (4-7) with 3 mins rest in between as this will help you get used to the movement since you are new to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Muscle up strength progression.   Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:49 pm

K4lisPeluru wrote:
try doing deadhang explosive pullups with chest touching the bar for every rep for 3-5 reps for 3-5 sets with 2 mins rest in between for 2-3 times a week for a good 2-3 weeks. you will notice a different when doing MUs again as you'll gain explosive strength to get yourself higher easily in a few weeks time.

prior to that, you could also do 1 rep of MU for several sets (4-7) with 3 mins rest in between as this will help you get used to the movement since you are new to it.

^ this is good advice....and make sure you never stop doing pullups. no matter how hard of a move you learn, always throw in the basics to your routines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
funk49

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Muscle up strength progression.   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:45 am

Thats what i call valuable advices ! Thanks guys, you helped me a lot !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Muscle up strength progression.   

Back to top Go down

Need help with Muscle up strength progression.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1