Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Jason Statham Physique?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sy2088

PostSubject: Jason Statham Physique?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:33 pm

Hello,

I want to know if it would be possible to get a physique like Jason Statham through bodyweight exercises. If so, what will it take? Which exercises? How many reps, sets? I currently weight 153lbs and am 6 feet tall. I can do 40 push ups, 15 dips, 1 chin up lol. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sy2088

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:57 pm

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrpullup2

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:14 pm

I dont see why not, doing a fair amount of volume + good ol strength training is a good start. Adding weight, variations, tut and many other principals will all aid in getting towards this. Biggest thing is diet. I will repeat this. Biggest thing is diet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrpullup2

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Oh, dont expect to get this extremly quickly or anything. Real, honest gains will take a bit of time, but is very worthwile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:16 am

Quote :
I want to know if it would be possible to get a physique like Jason Statham through bodyweight exercises.
Yes. But maybe not a face like his.

Quote :
If so, what will it take?
Consistent hard training and good diet.

Quote :
Which exercises?
Push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups and dips, mainly.

But also hanging leg raises, static holds and leg work.

Don't.

Neglect.

Legs.

Quote :
How many reps, sets?
Have a look here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
sy2088

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Cool thanks. The reason I asked is because I see some people who do very advanced bodyweight exercises but they are skinny. I'm guessing this is because they don't eat enough?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:48 pm

I think it's just genetics and different body types. Some of the guys at the Street Workout Fest in Ukraine recently looked much slimmer than the British BB's. Maybe a different way of training, maybe diet - difficult to say really!
Back to top Go down
Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:08 pm

I would say diet, you must eat 200-500 more calories than your maintaining calories to put on weight thus giving the more filled out look in your muscles making them bigger.

The way people train for example some people strictly bodyweight only where as BB's use weighted vests, ankle weights, breeze blocks etc. Intensity, frequency, volume.

There are countless ways, so to get the ideal body you have to use everything in my opinion. You have to experiment yourself and see what works for you. What might work for someone might not be the same for you, plus trying out different things can be very fun and exciting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 pm

my physique is pretty much just like Jason Stathams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sy2088

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:48 pm

I have another question. I currently weight 154lbs and am 6' 1" tall. I am not fat but I have a belly. Should I be eating a deficit of calories to lose this belly fat? If I do, then will I build muscle mass?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Yes, but not massive. Don't eat sugar (and keep carbs low) and just continue training hard and it will go by itself.
Back to top Go down
Emachine

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:08 pm

One thing to remember is Jason Statham can do human flags. That guy has put his time in. Just put your time in and you will see the changes, may not be exactly what you like but at least you can be strong. which is more important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sy2088

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Have another question. When i do 3x12 dips with 60 sec rest between sets it becomes very difficult to do push ups and chin ups after completing the dips. I want to know why this is and if there's a way around it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Its normal especially for push ups cause they use almost the same muscles. But same goes for chin ups it use some same muscles like core etc and by doing one exercise u fatigue generally not only for this exercise.

One way is to rest more but if u want to train everything and u are afraid that doign chin ups last for example by doing less reps cause of fatigue u wont progress much then either do supersets of dips-chin ups-push ups either every other workout change what u do 1st.

Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sy2088

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Is this good for a push day?

5x5 Push ups (30lb vest)
5x5 Dips (30lb vest)
3x12 Shoulder press (15lb dumbbell each hand)
Squats holding 30lb dumbbell 16,14,12

This is what i did today.

Would this be a good pushing routine for increasing muscle size?
I plan on increasing the reps of the push ups and dips by one until I reach 5x8 then I will add 5lbs more and repeat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sauce1

PostSubject: Going to need to up the intensity   Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:09 am

Hi all,

Read through the thread, getting started with strength training is obviously a good way to start, but getting a physique like Jason Stathams will take a long time. He used to be an Olympic diver before his acting career, and he's also an expert martial artist. He pours just as much effort into his physical training as he did into his sports. Sounds like you're a long way off, the guy can deadlift around 500 pounds and is an absolute freak in the gym. No offense but you sound like a beginner as you're shoulder pressing with 35lb dumbbells. Keep up the effort and improvements but just be cognizant of the fact that he's a finely tuned machine and he's poured in years of intense training.

Nick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:00 pm

If I remember right Jason Statham was a Professional Diver for England, so he's not just someone that worked out, he's an Athlete.

Plus... What a weird thing to say in my opinion. Every body is different, if you workout, it'll be Nicer ofcourse, but it's not like you can choose how you want your body!? You just workout and get results, never mind Who you look like man... You'll look better anyway, but not like Jason -.- You're You. You could look even better, I don't know, just trying to make a point here...

sy2088

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Okay first off this is an old thread. Second, I didn't ask if you think it's weird or not. Don't get so worked up buddy. I didn't say I want to look like him, what I meant was how can I become lean and muscular and gave him as an EXAMPLE. Don't try to teach me things I already know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 am

sy2088 wrote:
Okay first off this is an old thread. Second, I didn't ask if you think it's weird or not. Don't get so worked up buddy. I didn't say I want to look like him, what I meant was how can I become lean and muscular and gave him as an EXAMPLE. Don't try to teach me things I already know.

I didn't know Threads had expiry dates. What's this a Bar-barians special forum feature? *Facepalm*

Go ask advice to some faggot next time, and don't ever fucking call me buddy again. As for me you could be dead and I'd be happy.

Have a nice day.

sy2088

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 pm

Your fucked in the head BUDDY.

It's real easy to talk like a big boy online. Fucking douche bag. Go f**k yourself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Chill out guys Smile. This forum's meant to be a nice friendly atmosphere. If you want a pissing contest then go take it out on the bars instead! cheers

Not posting in old (inactive) threads is a general theme across the internet in forums. It's one of those shadow rules, i.e. something that's not actually a rule, but some people feel it is. Either way, it's not Bar-barian specific, nor is it rule here.

OddBall

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 pm

sy2088 wrote:

It's real easy to talk like a big boy online. Fucking douche bag. Go f**k yourself.

You really need to chill out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sy2088

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 pm

don't tell me to chill out dude.

He came in here calling me a weirdo so I let him know that's not cool. Then he went crazy on me.

He started something out of nothing so im not going to sit back and take s**t from him. Who is he?

You didn't see this?

"As for me you could be dead and I'd be happy".

"Go ask some faggot"

Your telling me to chill?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:17 am

sy2088 wrote:

Cheers, you Take Care aswell Wink

By the way, *You're, yes I'm a grammar freak. king

study

Last edited by Elite-Bars on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:35 am

I'm telling you BOTH to chill. You've BOTH over reacted to things.

Remember, this is the internet where it's easy to say anything because you're just a faceless name and there won't be any real consequences to your actions. Also remember that since we're from all over the world and English isn't the first language for many people (let alone the different versions of English in each country) and so it can be easy to miss interpret what someone is trying say.

If someone posts something you don't like either be the bigger man and ignore them or tell a moderator. Don't bother arguing back it just ends up as a giant flame war and everyone ends up looking like an idiot.

You don't see a lot of mod interaction on here because it's normally not needed since it's such a friendly forum. Can we please keep it that way!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason Statham Physique?   

Back to top Go down

Jason Statham Physique?
Page 1 of 1