Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Weight/BW routine for mass and strength, need A LOT of help with it :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BWmartialarts

PostSubject: Weight/BW routine for mass and strength, need A LOT of help with it :(   Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:40 pm

hey guys glad to be here Smile Been a weight lifter for a long time but been wanting to get into bodyweight for a long time, so here's my attempt at trying to mix the 2. I'd love any feedback from anyone experienced in doing both at the same time Smile The idea is to hit 2 bodyparts in the gym 3 days a week, while hitting OTHER bodyweight movements for the other parts that id idn't hit with the weights. I'd be hitting primarily a 5x2 format for the weights, followed by bodyweight (the rep ranges i could use some help on), so it would only be 12 sets of free weights per day, and only really 6 per week, so i see no problem with this causing me to lack on the other stuff Smile

Day 1: Chest/Tris
-BB Flat Bench: 5x2
-Incline Flat Bench: 5x2
-Decline Flat Bench: 5x2
-CG Bench Press: 5x2
-Skull Crusher: 5x2
-French Curls: 5x2

-Pullups: 10,8,6,4,2 (is this a smart way to go about this? I'm new to this so i could really use some help to learn what the best rep ranges for me to gain size and strength would be vs. ONLY endurance)
-Chinups: 10,8,6,4,2
-Assistols (assisted pistol squats lol): 5,4,3,2,1 on each leg
-Horizontal Pullups (feet on a bench): 10,8,6,4,2
-Close Grip Chinups/Wide Grip Chins: 10,8,6,4,2

Day 2: Legs/Shoulders
-BB Squats: 5x2
-BB Lunges: 6x2
-Deadlifts: 5x3 (light set, medium set, heavy set all for 5)
-2 Types Calf Raises: 5x2 each very very heavy
-Military Press Standing: 5x2
-Arnold Press: 5x2
-Upright Rows: 5x2
-2 Types Shrugs (DB and Smith Machine) 5x2

-Pullups: 10,8
-Pushups: 20,18,
-Chinups: 10,8,
-Dips: 20,18,
-Horizontal Pullups: 10,8
-Feet Up Pushups: 20,18
-CG/Wide Chins: 10,8
-Diamond Pushups: 20,18

Day 3: Back/Bi's
-Rack Pulls Smith Machine: 5x2 (these get pretty damn heavy, about 4 plates each side)
-T-bar Rows (laying variant): 5x2
-BB Bent Rows: 5x2
-Front Lat Pulldown 1 Arm Machine: 5x2 each side
-BB Curls: 5x2
-Standing EZ Curls: 5x2
-DB Curls: 5x2

-Pushups: 20,18,16,14,12
-Dips: 20,18,16,14,12
-Assistols: 5,4,3,2,1
-Feet Up Pushups: 20,18,16,14,12
-Diamond Pushups: 20,18,16,14,12

In typing this it seems like too much. Is it too much volume as far as gaining muscle and strength goes? ALmost feels like it'll focus too much on endurance Sad Would it be better to switch around the order of my days?

Welcome all critique and help, as i said i'm new to all this. I also do kettle bells and conditioning (like burpees and what not) at other points during the week, so that's why i am only doing pistols in the gym. I'm also curious if i should mix any of the stuff to other days with other things? I know this is a big request but i'd appreciate the help guys and girls!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

PostSubject: What day would    Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:04 pm

What day would a muscle up fit into? You might need to rethink the routine, go with a push/pull or upper body lower body routine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BWmartialarts

PostSubject: Re: Weight/BW routine for mass and strength, need A LOT of help with it :(   Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:48 pm

mshefa07 wrote:
What day would a muscle up fit into? You might need to rethink the routine, go with a push/pull or upper body lower body routine.

A muscle up would fit into whatever day i could actually do one on lol. In other words i'm no where near being ready to even attempt one (and believe me, i have, definitely a no go yet) so i'm not too concerned about them yet Smile I figure getting strong as hell at pullups and dips first would be the first step for that Smile

I'm not opposed to push/pull/legs or anything similar, just not sure how i would set that up using a lot of bodyweight and still be effective (like if i was doing bench/military press for example, doing pushups and dips would be hampered a bit on the same day wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight/BW routine for mass and strength, need A LOT of help with it :(   

Back to top Go down

Weight/BW routine for mass and strength, need A LOT of help with it :(
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1