Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

working out fasted and whey powder ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sil_fl0

PostSubject: working out fasted and whey powder ?   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi guys im new to calisthenics and this forum and i read a lot around here and it seems people are suggesting fasting as an eating style so im trying it.
Since i want to work out fasted im wondering if should take some whey protein before working out since i dont want to lose muscle.On the box it say it has 25% bcaa and 18% glutamine.

Im 1,77m and 82 kg trying to lose some fat and i do 6 reps x 5 sets of various pulls and 6 reps x 5 sets dips as a workout routine.After that i go home and eat (usually chickenbreast with lettuce salad and some cereals or nuts )2 hours after i eat i do 4 sets of max diamond push ups ,4 sets of max chair push ups and maybe some normal/wide push ups.

So what do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: working out fasted and whey powder ?   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:51 pm

Thats not truly working out fasted you are taking in calories and some carbs , take this optimum nutrition unflavored bcaa's and water/ or coffee then train. No calories nothing just the aminos to prevent muscle loss during the fasted workout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sil_fl0

PostSubject: Re: working out fasted and whey powder ?   Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:05 am

The thing is im kinda short on money so i cant buy pure bcaas at the moment , what do you suggest as an alternative,since working out on am empty stomach is a no no since it burns muscles?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: working out fasted and whey powder ?   Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:04 am

i have done IF for 4 months prior to ramadhan and been taking BCAA during my fasted training.

however, ever since i started ramadhan fasting, i have been working out fasted roughly 8 out of 10 days so far. after fasting for 12+ hours and then train 1-2 hours before breaking the fast. no BCAA or whatsoever. i have not notice a significant difference in muscle loss and my weight is still the same.

one of the things i learned, you will NOT lose any muscle at a short period of time, through my understanding muscle loss will not occur unless you starve yourself more than 48 hours, otherwise, training fasted and then eating after few hours later will not let you lose muscle. you just need to have good nutrition diet to replenish and proper training (listening to your body mostly). that is all. trust in your body. it works more superior to what we mostly think. do you think spartan warriors, military men or even fishermen/farmers have access to BCAA? nope, yet they are multiple times more fitter than most of us.

just my 2 cents. hope it helps. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
AdamZee

PostSubject: Re: working out fasted and whey powder ?   Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:03 pm

I guess the BCAAs aren't essential/compulsory but if you're skeptical & worried, have it. Make do with a protein shake if getting BCAAs are questionable from an economical standpoint. No harm according to Marthin Berkhan of LeangainsDOTcom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sil_fl0

PostSubject: Re: working out fasted and whey powder ?   Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:38 pm

K4lisPeluru wrote:
i have done IF for 4 months prior to ramadhan and been taking BCAA during my fasted training.

however, ever since i started ramadhan fasting, i have been working out fasted roughly 8 out of 10 days so far. after fasting for 12+ hours and then train 1-2 hours before breaking the fast. no BCAA or whatsoever. i have not notice a significant difference in muscle loss and my weight is still the same.

one of the things i learned, you will NOT lose any muscle at a short period of time, through my understanding muscle loss will not occur unless you starve yourself more than 48 hours, otherwise, training fasted and then eating after few hours later will not let you lose muscle. you just need to have good nutrition diet to replenish and proper training (listening to your body mostly). that is all. trust in your body. it works more superior to what we mostly think. do you think spartan warriors, military men or even fishermen/farmers have access to BCAA? nope, yet they are multiple times more fitter than most of us.

just my 2 cents. hope it helps. sunny
This makes sense, thanks for the replies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: working out fasted and whey powder ?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:08 pm

Right on...military physical training is done on an empty tank b4 breakfast. The whey protein is going to spike your insulin so it may be better, if you are trying to get lean, to train without and take it after training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fit-Bull90

PostSubject: Re: working out fasted and whey powder ?   Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:17 pm

sil_fl0 wrote:
Hi guys im new to calisthenics and this forum and i read a lot around here and it seems people are suggesting fasting as an eating style so im trying it.
Since i want to work out fasted im wondering if should take some whey protein before working out since i dont want to lose muscle.On the box it say it has 25% bcaa and 18% glutamine.

Im 1,77m and 82 kg trying to lose some fat and i do 6 reps x 5 sets of various pulls and 6 reps x 5 sets dips as a workout routine.After that i go home and eat (usually chickenbreast with lettuce salad and some cereals or nuts )2 hours after i eat i do 4 sets of max diamond push ups ,4 sets of max chair push ups and maybe some normal/wide push ups.

So what do you think?

Working out on empty stomach wont´t make you lose muscle. It is just preference. I perform better fasted, with you it may be different. I workout in the morning and my post workout meal is 4-6 hours after.
You only lose muscle mass when you actually stop using the muscles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: working out fasted and whey powder ?   

Back to top Go down

working out fasted and whey powder ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1