Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

C r o s s f i t B o d y w e i g h t W o r k o u t s PDF

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fed X

PostSubject: C r o s s f i t B o d y w e i g h t W o r k o u t s PDF   Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
reddragon

PostSubject: Hello Beastyboy   Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Great list off routines, but were can yo9u fit them in? Do you just pick one and do them every week or do pick every week a different one?
Because you want to know how you progress to so you have to do some routines more often, or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimsiff

PostSubject: Re: C r o s s f i t B o d y w e i g h t W o r k o u t s PDF   Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:27 am

The stereotypical CrossFit programming (cf.com WODs) seems to be fairly random and the exact opposite of structured, periodized programming. A given WOD might come up on the site two to four times per year... Those who follow the main site WODs would measure their progress on a given workout based on their previous times.

I would view these workouts as primarily metcon and muscle endurance related. One way to incorporate these would be to pick two, doing one per week as your high volume metcon work for the week. Over a months time, you'd do each workout twice. Repeat the cycle for a month or two and measure your progress.

I would avoid basing my entire workout program on these benchmark WODs because they address strength endurance and prescribe a high volume of work at the expense of other fitness attributes. My priorities are strength, mobility, and power, with some metcon thrown in 4-5 times per month to keep me decently conditioned.

Other folks might have different goals and priorities... Just make sure your programming reflects your goals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reddragon

PostSubject: Hello Jimsiff   Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks for reacting, I think its a good idea to do one off the workouts sometime, but, I am a beginner so I just have to do the basics for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C r o s s f i t B o d y w e i g h t W o r k o u t s PDF   

Back to top Go down

C r o s s f i t B o d y w e i g h t W o r k o u t s PDF
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Training :: Training Routines-
Jump to: