Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BarWork

PostSubject: 1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine   Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:00 pm

After some searching on youtube I have come across a few individual Elite Bodyweight Trainers that uses the method of trying to do 1000 pushups, pullups and dips everyday.
I know that for us mortals doing 1000 everyday is overkill as fuuuck.

Is there any one of you guys who uses this kind of training?

I tried yesterday and did 202pushups and 100 pullups, and felt quite satisfied. But I have no clue how this works your body as in building and sculpting muscle.

Doing 200pushups, 150dips and 100pullups each otherday with alternating grips, seems like a fun way to train.
Any thoughts guys?

Below there is a vid of one of these amazing dudes called Leb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFG3VOxKY18
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarWork

PostSubject: Re: 1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine   Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:45 pm

And how is this for strenght gains?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarWork

PostSubject: Re: 1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine   Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Did 202pushups and 153dips today. Did it on like 13set each.
But i dont really know how it felt. I was out of power and couldnt do more, but didnt feel very much in my muscles. And now 7hours after the workout I still dont feel much in my body.

Still, any other people tried this stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pflmagic

PostSubject: Re: 1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine   Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:32 pm

I did try 1000 push ups for time at the start of this year.
Managed to knock it over in 61.31 min.
Definitely felt sore the next day; but I think it was a bit repetitious to do regularly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarWork

PostSubject: Re: 1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine   Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:07 am

Damn that is good. That guy Leb from the video i posted, in a interview he said he did 1000pushups, dips and pullups everyday O.o
I really dont get how that is even possible. Not just the fysical part, but the mental aswell.

But you never tried doin huge amounts of theese exercises when you workout normaly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pflmagic

PostSubject: Re: 1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine   Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:20 am

The 1000 pull ups a day would be absolutely mind-blowing. I'm sure people do it but for myself it'd be too much haha.
Not huge huge amounts, but high volume... Eg. 250 pull ups, 500 push ups and so on. But its not straight numbers like that... Usually incorporated into pyramids and ladders etc...
But dude, definitely give it a try. You need to see what works for you.
As long as your form is good, there's no way you are not going to get something positive out of it. As you know there are no quick routines or loopholes to getting stronger. See how much you can push yourself....Do it...And then the next time do it better and better.
Learn as many different training methods as you can, and over time you'll see for yourself when the right time to implement them is.
In the end... You're staying active, pushing yourself and enjoying what you do; so you can't lose out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrpullup2

PostSubject: Re: 1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine   Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:25 pm

1000 pullups? Challange accepted. I will do it on monday (my day off work) I did 1000 pushups a while ago, and got 72 mins. Did it once a week only, but still hard to maintain. ONly could go for 3 weeks. Anyway, I will let you know on monday how it goes. I may do it on sunday. Unsure.....anyway, bye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pflmagic

PostSubject: Re: 1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine   Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Spread out over the day a it's achievable but in one session would be insane. Let us know how you go! Gave 1000 push ups a crack last night. Managed 48.40. Fairly happy with that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarWork

PostSubject: Re: 1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine   Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Damn thats really good guys. how many pushups do you do every set lol>.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine   

Back to top Go down

1000x Pushups, Pullups, Dips Routine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1