Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Loosing Pullup strenght

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BarWork

PostSubject: Loosing Pullup strenght   Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:47 am

Hey guys.
Ive been workin out for quite sum time, and want to increase my pullups like every one else.
I started doing different kinds of pullups everytime I worked out and got up to a max of 14pullups.
I got stuck tho, even tho I progressed a little. So I stopped doin pullups every time I exercised, contemplating on the fact that maby i was overtraining. And after that point I lost pullup strenght.
After a while i tried going back to doing pullups everytime i work out, but i kept loosing my strenght.
Im not really sure how my body respond to different kind of pullups and sets/repetition.
But it seams like when i rly want to push my self i only go minus.
SO what the hell should I do to not loose my strenght.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Loosing Pullup strenght   Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:29 am

"Density routine''

You're basically going to figure out how many pull ups you can do for 10 sets. I would suggest trying 4. You will do regular pull ups, close pull ups, chin ups, parallel grip and wide pull ups. Then you repeat that. You're looking for 20-30s rest periods. You do not add reps until all sets are 4 pull ups. You may need to start with 3, and that's fine. You want every rep to be good. Right now you've still got a little size to gain, but once you're hitting 12-15 good pull ups you will either need to add weight or start transitioning to one arm work. I will suggest using this routine, which is pretty fast since it should take 10 minutes or less, until you can do it with 8-9 reps all the way through. At that point, and not before, I will help you figure out whatever it is that you want to do to continue moving forward.

I would suggest doing this routine 2-3x per week.
You do regular, 20-30s rest, close, 20-30s rest, close chins, 20-30s rest, parallel, 20-30s rest, wide, 20-30s rest, repeat the whole sequence once more.
This is the shortest and simplest effective pull up program out there, this is a gradual process, so have patience.
Drop to 3 reps when you're afraid of losing form, and just keep track of when you drop a rep. Pretty much every workout you should be getting at least one more rep on one of the sets you previously had to step down a rep or two on! Certainly at least once a week that should happen.

Example

Wide Grip Pullups- 5,

Pullups- 5,

Chinups- 5,

Neutralgrip- 4,

Close pullups-4,

Wide Grip Pullups- 4,

Pullups- 4,

Chinups- 4,

Neutral grip- 4,

Close pullups-4,

However, I wouldnt do much chinups unless you do them on rings.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Loosing Pullup strenght
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1