Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Help With Mass

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Help With Mass   Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:17 am

Digit the high volume i do is different i pick a certain number say pull ups 20 reps for 20 sets taking 3-5mins. rest allows you to get 20 reps every time, if you were to use 30sec. rest your numbers drop huge and you work endurance much more. But this way you will be able to maintain the reps that get u stronger. Its good to do both low rest long rest high volume i would try the 3-5 min. rest of a certain challenging number for any of the basics pull ups, dips, push ups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vibe95

PostSubject: Re: Help With Mass   Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:28 pm

hey loo if i can only do 5 pullups how should i approach high volume for pullups?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Help With Mass   Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:49 pm

You dont need high volume training now get your reps up by training daily. I think to get the most from high volume training, your max for pull ups should be at 20 minimum.You don't need pyramids,high volume or anything till your basics are higher for now just traditional sets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vibe95

PostSubject: Re: Help With Mass   Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:21 pm

btw i have a question how come when i do dips the center of my chest gets this weird pain? am i just leaning too much forward or am i just not use to it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Help With Mass   Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Could be sternum pain, if it hurts really bad stay away for a while and try it again within 1-2 week(s).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vibe95

PostSubject: Re: Help With Mass   Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:21 pm

ok ima try it out in a few ive already been avoiding it for awhile now lol
but will it go away if i just keep practicing it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digit

PostSubject: Re: Help With Mass   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:52 am

It might because of your ROM. U might going to deep when u descending so your chest stretches a lot. Try not to go all the way down . This happened to me when i wasnt strong enough with dips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vibe95

PostSubject: Re: Help With Mass   Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:57 pm

then is going just slightly pass 45 degree angle ok? instead of the full 90?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digit

PostSubject: Re: Help With Mass   Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:16 am

Try even this . See if u make dips higher that 90 if it is ok. Right now i go my chest more than 90 but i make them with very good control to avoid injuries. In the begining i started with half dips because i wasnt strong enough. Take care .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Help With Mass   Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:04 am

Fi wrote:
blue hefner wrote:
Protein is a big myth. Shoot for 0.6x BW in pounds.
blue hefner wrote:
Just do some research, protein is a big myth, 0.5x your bw is enough.

OK, I'm calling you out - what is the evidence for this statement?

Because if you speak to any serious strength trainer, they will say to priortise protein consumption for muscle growth (and of course to eat enough proper food all-round). Here are some links for you to review:

The legendary Charles Poliquin advocates high protein consumption

So does Mark Ripptoe, author of the famous book Starting Strength

If you follow the LeanGains protocol it will involve working out your macros and prioritising protein consumption before making sure you hit the rest of your figures.

Mark Sisson, Primal diet guru recommends 1g per lb of bodyweight

The Bodybuilding.com protein calculator (the website that is probably the most popular strength training site in the world) says that I should be eating at least 132 and up to 200g a day to gain mass (and strength)

And just for good measure, check out this excellent post on Gymnastic Bodies about pre- and post- WO nutrition.

Whilst you could be a vegan and still be strong, if you want to gain mass you will need to eat lots of protein, lots of good quality carbs and some fat.

If you have strong evidence to support the fact that you only need 0.5g per BW in lb, then please - let's see it. (Not least because it would save me a fortune in food tongue )

yeah. protein there is a lot of rubbish out there. i am taking 0.6-0.8 protein per pound bw.

had friends of mine, twins, one took like me 0.8 and another one quite some more. they had no differences whatsoever in their muscle gains, but surprisingly the twin taking more protein had more bodyfat O.o

there are couple of twins etc who have done these experiments and documented their results.

i remember some twins on youtube who did it and had the same results like my friends. try looking for them on youtube, search twins muscle bodybuilding or something. cant remember their names or channels, long time no see lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help With Mass   

Back to top Go down

Help With Mass
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2