Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The British Thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 pm

Definitely happy at the moment just want that bit extra to be considered anywhere good in the calisthenics world.

I cannot make it, I work too many weekends at the moment because its so busy. So unfortunately I won't be there.

I wish I could make it though, I still need to meet everyone. I keep going on about it, I need to get myself to primrose and make it happen!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Where do you live again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:25 am

I used to live in north London, I now live about 40 minutes away in Bedfordshire
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:15 am

No excuses then! Smile

Look what I did yesterday...

Back to top Go down
Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:32 am

Nice Fi!!! One step closer to become first girl barbarian! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Well I'm totally posting just to whine about the weather. WTF. Walked out of the house today and was hit by a big grey wall of drizzle. Ugh. I really hate winter. Am missing hanging around on the bars in the blazing sunshine. Who's got a holiday house in Barbados that we can all go and stay in?
Back to top Go down
Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Oh yes I know where you're coming from. I'm all for someone's holiday home in some sunny hot climate somewhere!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Wusses :-P I was out there today in the drizzle. Even finished my routine in the rain before coming in. Certainly gave me motivation to finish faster though!

Fi

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Totally! But I will always admit it Wink
Actually I don't mind the rain so much as the cold - it's actually really mild out today. Been cycling around running errands, then did my static session inside. Might hit the park tomorrow and do some MU practise on the bars instead.

Great sig btw! Was chatting to Duf last night and he's turned them on. I asked about them as I want to shill my new website, although it's not even up yet Wink

Have you been busy working? Still been finding the time to train?
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Fi wrote:
Totally! But I will always admit it Wink
Actually I don't mind the rain so much as the cold - it's actually really mild out today. Been cycling around running errands, then did my static session inside. Might hit the park tomorrow and do some MU practise on the bars instead.

Great sig btw! Was chatting to Duf last night and he's turned them on. I asked about them as I want to shill my new website, although it's not even up yet Wink

Have you been busy working? Still been finding the time to train?

Yeah, quite busy. Plus i've had my sister+family up for the last week and so have been playing uncle. Still just about about getting workouts done though, but my work/play balance is all screwed up... really need to sort out a good structure for my days!

Slowly progressing, my stamina's definitely been increasing from the guts routine (currently I'm on 25 dips, 15 pulls, 10 presses for 5 times in 3 mins with 2 mins rest. Breaking down from single sets at the 3rd or 4th run through but still just about keeping under 3mins.)

Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:08 pm

I've given in to the gym, but I'm still going to mix my bodybuilding routine with calisthenics.

Time to lift heavy and make some major gains!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Join the club! Chris has done the same. Kind of sucks but it's a different type of training and there are still big gains to be had for sure. I'm powering through my weighted pulls and dips and feeling really strong. Just started weighted hyperextensions with a view to learning the deadlift and making my back super awesome strong.

That said I really need to go out and learn how to do a muscle up on the bar, i.e. by using technique instead of brute force Wink

You'll probably meet some cool people in the gym too - I've settled into a nice group in mine - lots of people doing bodyweight stuff. Guess it helped that I was there before summer too though.
Back to top Go down
Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm definitely satisfied with what I have achieved in calisthenics, muscle-ups, back lever, straddle front lever, freestanding handstand pushups and other stuff.

But my goals have changed and I want to put on a lot of muscle mass and get bigger, so the bodybuilding route will take me there.

You'll probably get the muscle-up technique eventually, it took me around 2 weeks when I first started to muscle-up. The more you do it the better you get.

I'm looking forward to working out with people around me, and seeing some nice eye candy (beware girls) lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Haha! There is that fact, yeah... Although I never look at guys asses when they're doing squats. Or check out their arms, or chest. That would be entirely inappropriate. *cough*
Back to top Go down
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:01 pm

I'm British, from Lincolnshire =)

Unfortunately I don't live in England anymore...

How I started? I've been doing body weight training for maybe 2 years, but I never got too serious, or atleast, I didn't know enough, I wasn't doing enough and wasn't eating enough. And I didn't have a power tower or any bars too do dips and pullups. Since I got my power tower bought with my savings,I finally started seriously working and now after 6 weeks I feel pretty satisfied, but I look forward to holding on to working out regularly, I think the hardest part of becoming a bar-barian, as in many disciplines, is perseverance and consistency. On days when I'm nackered or I think I'm a complete fucking loser, decide to just warm up and just get on with it and work as hard as possible anyway and forget about everything else in life.This is the last time I really try something as my life is just a series of failures. And I'm trying my best to achieve good results.

after 6 weeks today was my first workout with a weighted back pack, 10% of my weight exactly. I think it went alright. Though I want to buy a weight vest s its more comfortable. I'm hoping this step up will work.

Sorry maybe this was just a weird rant about nothing...

Anyway Cheers to all you British Bar-barians and take it easy Smile

naishyboy

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Anyone going to primrose tomorrow?...me and a couple of lads will be up there at 9.30am
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fitnesswins.net
CTurner

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Fi wrote:
Join the club! Chris has done the same. Kind of sucks but it's a different type of training and there are still big gains to be had for sure.

Woah, been ages since I've been on here! New job has kind of taken over :/

I have joined a gym, but I'm still only doing bodyweight stuff there, apart from a little leg work when I do squats but also use one of the resistance machines which adds 10kg each time you add weight to improve strength. I'm absolutely loving it. The pull up station is annoying though cos it's got a column right in front of you, but it slopes towards you slightly so trying to do pull ups at speed or with any hint of explosiveness ends up with you cracking your knees on solid metal.

It's not a straight bar and it's split too so I can't do close grip pulls, but this is forcing me to use a wider grip and do slower reps which is good in a way. And it's so much easier to focus there than it is at home, I don't cut sets short or lose form to finish quicker cos I have nothing better to do there haha.

On another note, I got a reply from the council about two months after I emailed them. They've spoken about my park idea at a meeting and there was a lot of interest so they asked me for more information, such as which pieces of equipment I'd like and prices. I gave them a list of six things, with the main three being pull up bars, parallel bars and a sit up bench from fresh-airfitness.co.uk. The sit up bench they do is absolutely perfect for dragon flag progressions etc. They're bringing it up at the next meeting on December 5th so hopefully it'll move on to the next stage and maybe be there for next summer Smile

How's everyone else getting on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:44 am

Hey all Smile Hope all is well with everyone and every one is training hard Very Happy

The UK Bar-barians are putting on another Seminar, this time in LONDON!

It's going to be on the first weekend in March, 2nd -3rd.. Hope to see y'all down there Smile

Fi

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:18 pm

I'll be there! Hopefully mended and back to normal with my training (something I don't think will happen for another month yet).

Been hitting legs hard - pistols, kicks, jumps, back hyperextensions, hands-free abs (much harder to do than you'd think, if you exclude crunches), trying to learn dragon flags. Just starting to add in some inverse rows and lat pull-downs as part of my rehab plan. Back to the doctor tomorrow and hopefully will get a scan to find out what the problem is.

How is everyone elses training going?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The British Thread.   

Back to top Go down

The British Thread.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8