Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

K-Fancy's training log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kfancy

PostSubject: K-Fancy's training log   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:31 am

Hey all,

So after a bit of a break from serious strength training, I have decided to get back on the bar. After receiving some help from ironloo, I will be spending the next 6 weeks on a calisthenics program. Being pretty new to calisthenics and admittedly more comfortable in the weight room, I see this to be an interesting 6 weeks. I am going to do my best to hold rep quality over rep quantity.

I started on Monday, June 4, and will try to keep this log updated as much as possible. I will also be including my general nutrition and be taking my weight every few days in the morning. I am hoping to put on some muscle mass while remaining relatively lean. I won't be taking my body fat, I'll just go by what I see in the mirror. Although personal, I hope some of you will be able to follow along in my journey.

Please feel free to comment and give constructive criticism!

Beginning stats:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 156 lbs
Body composition: Lean

Day 1 (6/4):

Endurance: 3-5 mins rest

Pullups - 4 sets - max out: 12, 8, 6, 4 (30 total)
Straight bar dips - 4 sets - max out: 12, 8, 6, 5 (31 total)
Bodyweight rows - 4 sets - max out: 14, 10, 10, 10 (44 total)
Bench dips - 4 sets - max out: 32, 20, 20, 20 (92 total)

Abs superset:
60s front plank, 10 lying leg raises
50s front plank, 10 lying leg raises (failed)

It's been a few weeks since I've worked out. That absolutely killed me. I probably should have taken closer to 5 minutes rest but I took 3. I kept a couple reps in the tank on the first couple sets of pull ups, but I got creamed anyway. Same with dips. I was supposed to take the front planks all the way down to 10s (60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s), but I just couldn't continue.

Post-workout meal: 7 servings (1 box) whole wheat pasta w/ olive oil, 4 eggs approx. 1700 calories

Day 2 (6/5):

Sore as all hell. It's legs and abs day. Because I am a dancer, I probably won't be training my legs as hard as I can. I kind of need them to be fully functioning to be at optimum performance.

Abs superset:
50s front plank, 10 lying leg raises
40s front plank, 10 lying leg raises
30s front plank, 10 lying leg raises
20s front plank, 10 lying leg raises
10s front plank, 10 lying leg raises
(complete!)

Mobility drills/sprinting technique work

Pistol squats - 5 sets - max out: 8, 8, 8, 8, 5 (37 each leg)

That was enough for me. I couldn't really wear myself out for dance practice.

Post-workout meal: 1 box whole wheat pasta (approx. 1400 calories) w/ olive oil

Day 3 (6/6):

Strength (5m rest)

Pull up (top position) static hold - 4 sets - max out: 38s, 37s, 37s, 37s (2m 29s total)
Dip static hold (top position followed by 5s rest followed by bottom position) - 4 sets - max out (rest subtracted): 1m, 58s, 1m 10s, 55s (4m 3s total) (done on a straight bar because I don't have access to parallel bars)
Super slow chin up - 3 sets x 1 rep: These were about 60s (30s up 30s down) each. The third one just about killed me
Super slow push up - 3 sets x 1 rep: I didn't really get a time on these. I kind of collapsed on the floor after each. But I'd estimate between 1:45 and 2m each

Static hold superset: top position chin up followed by bottom position push up. repeat with no rest until you cannot hold for 1s
I didn't really time this whole sequence. I will next week. I wasn't thinking.

Lying leg raises: 5 sets for a challenging number of reps
Aimed to do 5x15, completed 3x15. Was completely toast. Went home. Needless to say, did not complete my front/side planks superset.

During this workout, I was still sore from Monday. It was rewarding yet dreadful. I'll try to be more organized with my timekeeping next time.

Post-workout meal: 4 servings whole wheat pasta w/ olive oil, 1 can shrimp, protein + carb shake w/ 2 cups soy milk (approx. 1900 calories). Yep. I was hungry.

Day 4 (6/7):

Morning weight: 160 lbs
Likely all water weight, I have been drinking about a gallon of water a day.

I will probably not be training today. If I do, it will be similar to Tuesday. I have to clean my fraternity house for our alumni dinner tomorrow. I will try to do the core exercises I was supposed to do yesterday but I don't get off work until late and will be extremely busy after that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:51 pm

great log. bro i love eating pasta as well i always have bolognese as for post workout. how do you cook yours with olive oil? Use any garlic?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
kfancy

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 pm

I use olive oil to grease the pot and then I just drizzle a bit over at the end. I don't normally cook it with garlic, but that sounds tasty. I usually just melt some butter with salt and pepper and maybe some spices and then I try to get some meat in there. Have been really busy and haven't gotten to the grocery store.

Day 4 (6/7):

Won't be training today. Just finishing up here at work. Have to go back to the frat house and clean. Will probably grab a bite of fast dinner on my way back from work. Will aim for ~1000 calories, maybe more I'm pretty hungry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfancy

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Day 5 (6/Cool:

Today didn't go so well on the bar. I stopped cleaning at 2:30 AM to go to bed and had to wake up again at 6:00 AM to mop the house. From there I went to work until 7:00 PM. When I came back, I was supposed to do the following workout:

Power/Endurance: 3 min rest between sets

Jump Squats: 5 x 20
Max Pull Ups superset w/ Max Straight Bar Dips: 5 sets
Max BW Rows superset w/ Max Bench Dips: 5 sets
Standing Lunges: 5 x 30 (15 each leg)
Hanging Knee Raises: 3 x challenging
Lying Leg Raises: 3 x challenging
Max Front Plank: 1 set

Let me tell you guys, I was gassed. I felt extremely woozy while working out, probably stemming from my 3 or so hours sleep followed by a 13 hour work day. After finishing the jump squats, I only got through 4 sets of the pull up and dip superset before I decided to move on to the rows and dips. I only completed one set of that. Then I simply gave up from exhaustion. Here's how the numbers turned out.

Pull Ups/Dips:
Set 1: 11/5
Set 2: 5/7
Set 3: 7/5
Set 4: 5/5
Total: 28/22

Rows/Dips:
Set 1: 10/20
Total: 10/20

I was really tired. Regardless of what happens next Friday, I am improving these numbers. My post-workout nutrition consisted of a Russian Bear Weight Gainer/Optimum Casein shake w/ 2 cups soy milk (~1000 calories), 1.5 cups cranberry juice (~200 calories), 3 slices Domino's deep dish pizza (~900 calories). Total: ~2100 calories. I didn't have any food left. Better than nothing. As my friend says: "I'm not fat, I'm bulking."

Day 6 (6/9):

A well needed rest day. Danced and learned some new choreo. Good stuff. Finally got groceries. Now I can actually eat food!

Day 7 (6/10):

Thank goodness for rest days. I slept a lot, ate well, and relaxed.

Day 8 (6/11):

Morning weight: 160.0 lbs
Physique assessment: Looking a little more vascular. Not noticeably fatter yet, so that's good. Too early in the program to really expect much difference, but I've got a few extra pounds of something lying around in me.

Haven't worked out yet today, but I probably won't be at my computer later tonight, so I'll write tonight's workout down later in the week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfancy

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 am

Day 8 (6/11):

Endurance: 3-5 mins rest

Pullups - 4 sets - max out: 15, 10, 7, 6 (38 total)
Straight bar dips - 4 sets - max out: 17, 15, 10, 11 (53 total)
Bodyweight rows - 4 sets - max out: 22, 18, 14, 12 (66 total)
Bench dips - 4 sets - max out: 41, 30, 25, 42 (138 total)

Abs superset:
15s front plank (failed)

Tossed in some pistols for shiggles on those fat bars people hook their legs under to do sit ups. Could only manage sets of 3 on each leg before losing my balance.

That felt a lot better than last Monday. I definitely had another rep in the tank on the first set of pullups. I failed before finishing the abs superset, but I'll finish it eventually. I noticed that on the dips I bounced back a little bit on the last set of each, which is interesting. In any case, I went a little overboard on my post-workout nutrition. Here's what it looked like.

Post-workout nutrition: Weight gain powder + Optimum casein w/ 2 cups soy milk (~900 calories), 3 servings brown rice + one large porkchop w/ olive oil (~1200 calories), 2 servings Special K w/ one cup soy milk (~350 calories), 2 servings frosted mini wheats w/ one cup soy milk (~450 calories) and 1 serving wheat thins + 1 tbsp serving peanut butter (~250 calories)

GRAND TOTAL: ~3150 calories

I actually could not help myself from eating all of that. I just kept going. I would have continued but I was tired and my friend convinced me to sleep instead of eat. The good news is that I'm not one bit sore from yesterday's workout. Maybe because of all the food? Not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 pm

kfancy wrote:

That felt a lot better than last Monday. I definitely had another rep in the tank on the first set of pullups. I failed before finishing the abs superset, but I'll finish it eventually. I noticed that on the dips I bounced back a little bit on the last set of each, which is interesting. In any case, I went a little overboard on my post-workout nutrition. Here's what it looked like.

Post-workout nutrition: Weight gain powder + Optimum casein w/ 2 cups soy milk (~900 calories), 3 servings brown rice + one large porkchop w/ olive oil (~1200 calories), 2 servings Special K w/ one cup soy milk (~350 calories), 2 servings frosted mini wheats w/ one cup soy milk (~450 calories) and 1 serving wheat thins + 1 tbsp serving peanut butter (~250 calories)

I actually could not help myself from eating all of that. I just kept going. I would have continued but I was tired and my friend convinced me to sleep instead of eat. The good news is that I'm not one bit sore from yesterday's workout. Maybe because of all the food? Not sure.

holy snap. 3000? good appetite.
Back to top Go down
kfancy

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:26 pm

K4lisPeluru wrote:
kfancy wrote:

holy snap. 3000? good appetite.

haha I eat a s**t ton. Always have had a really fast metabolism that keeps me under 175 lbs Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfancy

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Day 9 (6/12):

Was supposed to train legs and abs. Got off of work really damn late and was freaking toast. Damnit work.

Day 10 (6/13):

Several things went wrong this day. First of all, it was raining buckets in Boston. Second, by the time I got home it was after 8 o clock and all the bars were really slick and wet. Regardless, I trained.

Strength (5m rest)

Pull up (top position) static hold - 4 sets - max out: 38s, 40s, 37s, 41s (2m 36 total)
Straight bar dip static hold (top position followed by 5s rest followed by bottom position) - 4 sets - max out (rest subtracted): 1m 30s, 1m 15s, 1m 10s, 1m (4m 55s total)
Super slow chin up - 3 sets x 1 rep: Apparently I have no idea what a minute is, because my sets went 55s, 50s, 45s (2m 30s total)
Super slow push up - 3 sets x 1 rep: My concept of time is actually terrible. I vastly overestimated how long my push up lasted. 1m 10s, 1m 5s, 1m (3m 15s total)

Static hold superset: top position chin up followed by bottom position push up. repeat with no rest until you cannot hold for 1s: 3m 17s total

Gave up before abs. I was toast and everything was soaking.

As a side note, did my first pistol on a pull up bar. A wet pull up bar. I could only manage one each leg before having to bail but I'm glad I can do it now. Will definitely include those on leg days.

On the holds and such I seemed to have a small improvement over last week, but an improvement nonetheless. And all the bars were wet and slick and I had just come from an 11 hour work day. I can deal with that.

Post-workout nutrition: 3 servings brown rice + 6 oz top blade steak + 1 tbsp olive oil (9000 calories), 1 serving peanut butter (200 calories).

Total: 1100 calories

Was so tired that I just went to sleep after that. Didn't even want to eat more.

Day 11 (6/14): Was supposed to do legs and abs, but dance kinda got in the way again. According to the guys over at T-Nation, dancing is great for your calves. Weird that I dance 4-5 times a week for several hours and still have mediocre calves. Wanted to train, but didn't have it in me to do both. I've been slacking on abs a lot lately, but as soon as I get some free time I'm going to crush them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfancy

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Day 10 cont. (6/13):

It may be worth mentioning that because it was so late I only took between 3 and 3.5 minute rests. My workout went until almost 10 o clock with those rests since I started around 8:30. That probably affected me as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfancy

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Day 12 (6/15):

Jump Squats: 5 x 20
Max Pull Ups superset w/ Max Straight Bar Dips: 5 sets
Max BW Rows superset w/ Max Bench Dips: 5 sets
Standing Lunges: 5 x 30 (15 each leg)
Hanging Knee Raises: 3 x challenging
Lying Leg Raises: 3 x challenging
Max Front Plank: 1 set

Jump Squats: Completed

Pull Ups/Dips:
Set 1: 13/13
Set 2: 9/11
Set 3: 7/7
Set 4: 9/10
Set 5: 7/7
Total: 45/48

Interestingly enough, I bounced back in the final sets on my pull ups and dips. I can deal with that.

Rows/Bench Dips:
For the life of me, I cannot remember where I put these numbers. I feel kind of stupid. But they went well, completed all 5 sets. Stayed between like 10 and 20 on the rows and 30 and 45 on the bench dips consistently. I wish I had the numbers to write down.

Standing Lunges: Completed

At this point in the workout I just started supersetting everything without rest because it was like 9:30 and I was getting absolutely attacked by mosquitoes and the like

Hanging Knee Raises: 3 x 15

Lying Leg Raises: Didn't do, started getting the living heck eaten out of me by mosquitoes. I need to get some bug spray or something. Plus it was really late.

Post-workout nutrition: 4 servings brown rice + 6 oz top blade steak w/ olive oil (~1200 calories). Crappy day for eating.

Day 13 (6/16):

Rest day. Danced. Ate gratuitous amounts of food.

Day 14 (6/17):

Morning weight: 158.2

Rest day (also optional work on a move of my choice day). Danced in the morning and then decided to work on my planche with tons of tuck planche and frog stand practice. Threw in some handstands and plenty of core work for good measure. Since I've been slacking on my core, I'm going to try to do more core work on the weekends since I'll be trying to work my planche anyway.

Post-workout nutrition: 4 servings rice + 3 eggs w/ olive oil (~1100 calories) and then went to a Chinese restaurant and ate pork fried rice, 4 boneless spareribs, 3 chicken fingers, 2 chicken teriyaki skewers. I have no freaking clue what the caloric value is on that.

Total: ????

2 weeks in, I feel a lot stronger. I definitely have more endurance. Also, I'm looking more muscular than before. Even though my weight hasn't changed much. People have commented on my chest getting bigger, abs getting betterer and also on my physique in general improving. Which is kind of weird, because my abs are being somewhat neglected. I haven't put on noticeable fat I don't think, but we'll see if this continues with how much I've been eating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfancy

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Sorry about the delay! Here's the past couple of weeks.

Day 15 (6/18):

Morning weight: 161.0 lbs

Endurance workout: 3 min rest between sets

Pullups - 15, 10, 9, 8 (42 total)
Straight Bar Dips - 20, 15, 15, 13 (63 total)
Rows - 25, 18, 18, 20 (81 total)
Bench Dips - 50, 40, 40, 41 (171 total)

Abs superset:
(complete!)

Day 16 (6/19):

Legs/Core:

Messed up my left calf dancing. Guess it does work them to some degree haha. Seems like just a pulled muscle or something I'll be using it again soon.

Abs superset:
(complete!)

Hanging knee raises: 15, 15, 10
Incline lying knee raises: 15, 15

30s Side Plank + 30s Front Plank + 30s Other Side Plank Superset: 5 sets

Neck bridges: 2 sets x 4 w/ static holds

Day 17 (6/20):

Pull up (top position) static hold - 4 sets - max out: 43s, 44s, 50s, - (2m 17s total) Yikes. Couldn't complete those.
Straight bar dip static hold (top position followed by 5s rest followed by bottom position) - 4 sets - max out (rest subtracted): 1m 2s, 1m 10s, 1m 5s, - (3m 17s total) Couldn't complete either...will have to do much better next time.

Super slow chin up - 3 sets x 1 rep: Apparently I have no idea what a minute is, because my sets went 56s, 54s, 56s (2m 46s total)
Super slow push up - 3 sets x 1 rep: 1m 10s, 1m 10s, 1m 2s (3m 22s total)

Static hold superset: top position chin up followed by bottom position push up. repeat with no rest until you cannot hold for 1s: 3m 51s total

Ran out of time before I could finish. Had to be somewhere at 10. Not sure what I ate that night..

Day 18 (6/21):

From this day forward, I have to switch up my days. I can't work out all 5 days that I work. Work just gets in the way. My schedule will be the following:

Monday: Legs/Core + Dance
Tuesday: Endurance
Wednesday: Dance + Rest + Miscellaneous (if time allows)
Thursday: Strength
Friday: Rest + Miscellaneous (If time allows)
Saturday: Legs/Core + Dance
Sunday: Power/Endurance + Dance

This is going to give me a lot more flexibility and I'll actually finish more of my workouts.

PS Obviously I am not going to do strength again because I just did it on Wednesday. Resting today. Icing my leg.

Day 19 (6/22):

Morning weight: 161.0 lbs
Holding steady at 161. GOTTA KEEP EATING.

Day 20 (6/23):

Legs/Core:

Still got that calf injury. Jeez it hurts. Did some planche/handstand practice and called it a day.

Day 21 (6/24):

Leg still messed up :/ Should be better by tomorrow.

Pull Ups/Dips:
Set 1: 15/15
Set 2: 12/12
Set 3: 10/12
Set 4: 7/13
Set 5: 7/12
Total: 51/48

Rows/Bench Dips:
Set 1: 16/30
Set 2: 13/30
Set 3: 15/36
Set 4: 15/50
Set 5: -/-
Total: 59/146

Had to run to a fraternity meeting. Couldn't finish the workout. Sometimes I feel like a failure hahaha

Day 22 (6/25):

Tried to do ironloo's level 1 leg workout. Got crushed.

BW Squats:
Set 1: 100 reps
1m rest
Set 2: 50 reps (fail)
1m rest
Set 2 Retry: 25 reps (fail)
Could no longer squat. Damn my legs are out of shape.

BW Lunges + BW Squats:
Set 1: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Set 2: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Set 3: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Set 4: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Set 5: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Set 6: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Set 7: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Set 8: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Set 9: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Set 10: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Set 11: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Set 12: 20 + 5 reps
25s rest
Complete!

BW Squats:
Set 1: 8 reps (fail)
And then I died.

I then admittedly did something a little stupid. After my leg work out, I proceeded to work my abs on a pair of rings doing L-Sits and some lever practice. My biceps were sore as all hell the next morning. It affected my workout, but I still performed a bit better than the same workout last week (I think).

Post-workout meal: 1/2 lb pork loin + 2 eggs + 3 servings brown rice + olive oil (~1200 calories) and 2 cups soy milk + 2 scoops Muscle Juice weight gainer (~700 calories)

Total: ~1900 calories

Day 23 (6/26):

Endurance: 3 min rest between sets

Pullups - 14, 10, 10, 9 (43 total, 1 more than last week)
Straight Bar Dips - 23, 17, 18, 13 (71 total, 8 more than last week)
Rows - 23, 19, 20, 22 (84 total, 3 more than last week)
Bench Dips - 58, 50, 50, 45 (203 total, 32 more than last week)

Abs superset:
(complete!)

Post-workout meal: 1/2 lb pork loin (breaded) + 3 servings brown rice + olive oil (~1300 calories) and 1 Tasty Burger w/ cheese (~400 calories)

Total: ~1700 calories

Summary: Getting stronger and put on 5 lbs in the past 23 days. I feel in a lot better shape. Compared to the first day, day 23 was a breeze. The workouts are still really hard, don't get me wrong, but that will never change. Have been told that my traps and chest are getting bigger, as well as somebody telling me my adonis belt is developing. I don't think many of those pounds went to my stomach, so that's good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:54 pm

happy to see progress. keep it up bro.
Back to top Go down
kfancy

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Day 24 (6/27):

Nothing notable to write.

Day 25 (6/28):

Got home from work around 10:30 PM today. I. Hate. This. Job. I am quitting it as soon as next week starts. I also feel like I'm getting sick. Here is my sad attempt at completing the strength workout:

Pull up (top position) static hold - 4 sets - max out: 45s, -, -, - (45s total)

Straight bar dip static hold (top position followed by 5s rest followed by bottom position) - 4 sets - max out (rest subtracted): 1m 23s, -, -, - (1m 23s total)

Super slow chin up - 3 sets x 1 rep: 57s, -, - (57s total)
Super slow push up - 3 sets x 1 rep: 1m 26s, -, - (1m 26s total)

Static hold superset: 2m 52 s total

That was actually just sad.

Day 26 (6/29):

Morning weight: 164.0 lbs.

Day 27 (6/30):

My cousin's wedding comprises my today and tomorrow. Wish I could have trained. Didn't have time.

Day 28 (7/1):

Same as above.

Day 29 (7/2):

Quit my terrible job. It was making me miserable. Start my new, less time consuming, more interesting job on Thursday. I'm extremely excited. It is also much more geared towards what I want to do. Should see training take an upward trend from here.

Pull Ups/Dips:
Set 1: 17/16
Set 2: 8/13
Set 3: 10/14
Set 4: 9/12
Set 5: 6/12
Total: 50/67

Top set of both pull ups and dips went up, but total pull ups went down. I tried.

Rows/Bench Dips:
Set 1: 18/40
Set 2: 18/36
Set 3: 14/40
Set 4: 17/50
Set 5: 16/51
Total: 73/217

Good day for rows and bench dips too.

Day 30 (7/3):

Morning weight: 164.6 lbs
+8.6 lbs from Day 1. KEEP EATING

Day 31 (7/4):

Took the day off for 4th of July.

Day 32 (7/5):

Endurance Workout:

Pullups: 17, 13, 10, 10 (50 total)
Straight Bar Dips: 27, 23, 22, 17 (89 total)
Rows: 24, 25, 20, 23 (92 total)
Bench Dips: 66, 55, 52, 60 (233 total)

What a good day!

Day 33 (7/6):

Got pretty sick. Was vomiting all over the place. Needless to say, I did not train today.

Day 34 (7/7):

Still sick. Vomited into the early morning hours. Tried to sleep but felt like crap. Didn't eat much either.

Morning weight: 159 lbs

I'm thinking that after another week or so my weight will come back up to where it was before. But seeing as I'm totally dehydrated and there's nothing at all in my stomach, I can understand being a bit lighter. Looking flat and dehydrated Sad

Day 35 (7/Cool:

Strength Workout:

Pull up (top position) static hold - 4 sets - max out: 43s, 41s, 39s, - (2m 3s total) This time it wasn't being tired that stopped me from finishing these. It was my elbows. I usually get a little discomfort when doing this, but today it hurt. I had to stop doing them.

Straight bar dip static hold (top position followed by 5s rest followed by bottom position) - 4 sets - max out (rest subtracted): 1m 14s, 1m 8s, 1m 6s, 1m 4s (4m 32s)

Super slow chin up - 3 sets x 1 rep: 53s, 55s, 51s (2m 39s total)
Super slow push up - 3 sets x 1 rep: 1m 21s, 1m 16s, 1m 26s (4m 3s total)

Static hold superset: Elbows were aching from the pull up static holds. Had to ditch this one this time.

Post-workout nutrition: 6 servings whole wheat pasta, .7 lbs top round steak cooked in vegetable oil, 1 slice homemade meat pizza.
~2050 calories total

UPDATE: Things have been a little bit rough around here. Eating and training has been taking a hit to being sick, and my elbows can no longer take one of the exercises I have been doing. Can anybody recommend an exercise to substitute in for the pull up static holds?

Also, as you may have noticed, schedule is getting out of whack.

Also again, you may notice I haven't been writing down leg workouts. That is because although I really want to do ironloo's leg workout, I have found that it completely drains my legs for the rest of the day. And I can't have that happen on days I dance. The only days I don't dance are Fridays and occasional. So whenever I get a Friday off I am going to do his leg workout (the one I attempted and got smoked by). Other than that, my leg workouts are really random and don't really have a goal other than work on my vertical and horizontal jumps, quickness, and pistol endurance. They're kind of weird workouts but they harken back to my days as a high school volleyball player.

In other news, I am going to get back on the damn training saddle. I kind of got shoved off in these past couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfancy

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Day 36 (7/9):

Rest

Day 37 (7/10):

Rest

Day 38 (7/11):

Power/Endurance:

Pull Ups/Dips:
Set 1: 18/20
Set 2: 11/17
Set 3: 8/20
Set 4: 10/16
Set 5: 9/17

Rows/Bench Dips:
Set 1: 24/50
Set 2: 22/50
Set 3: 20/40
Set 4: 18/42
Set 5: 20/50

Day 39 (7/12):

Rest

Day 40 (7/13):

Pullups: 17, 13, 10, 11
Straight bar dips: 24, 28, 23, 21
Rows: 30, 25, 26, 21
Dips: 53, 72, 62, 62

Day 41 (7/14):

Bar-barian challenge: normal mode. I am trying to get my video off my iPhone, but apparently it's too big? I'll upload it when I get the chance.

123 reps: 30, 30, 15, 15, 15, 10, 8

Day 42 (7/15):

Rest day

Day 43 (7/16):

Strength workout:

Substituted max 5s up/5s down pullups for max pull up static holds

5s up/5s down pullups: 6, 5, 5, 5 (21 total)
Dip hold: 1m 20s, 1m, 1m 10s (3m 30s total)
Slow pullups: 54s, 49s, 50s (2m 33s total)
Slow pushup: 1m 11s, 1m 18s, 1m 08s (3m 37s total)

Day 44 (7/17):

Abs superset:
(complete!)

1.5 min rest

30s Side Plank + 30s Front Plank + 30s Other Side Plank Superset: 5 sets (complete!) [1.5 m rest between each)

2 min rest

Hanging knee raises: 3x20
Lying leg raises: 3x30
Front plank: 56 s
(2 min rest between each)

Day 45 (7/18):

Today was absolutely dreadful. I felt like crap the entire workout. Here it is:

Power/Endurance workout:

Pull Ups/Dips:
Set 1: 16/21
Set 2: 10/17
Set 3: 9/15
Set 4: 9/16
Set 5: 8/12
Total: 52/71

Rows/Bench Dips:
Set 1: 21/40
Set 2: 15/36
DId not complete.
Total: 36/76

Day 46 (7/19):

Morning weight: 165.0 lbs

Rested today.

Day 47 (7/20):

Endurance workout:

Pullups: 19, 11, 9, 9 (48 total) New max set!
Straight Bar Dips: 32, 23, 23, 20 (98 total) New max set!
Rows: 25, 22, 20, 20 (87 total)
Bench Dips: 54, 54, 51, 65 (224 total)

Post-workout nutrition: 1 foot long steak and cheese sub with peppers onions and mushrooms from the deli + 1 Naked Protein Zone. Total calories = no idea

CONCLUSION:

That ends my 6 week journey (A bit more than 6 weeks, but what ever).
Let's look at the results!

Pullups: 12 -> 19
Straight Bar Dips: 12 -> 32
Rows: 14 -> 30
Bench Dips: 32 -> 72

Bodyweight: 156 lbs -> 165 lbs (+9 lbs)

Body composition: Definitely put on a bit more muscle while remaining as lean as I was to begin with.

Now what?: My plan is to perform 50 pull ups/dips and 100 lying leg raises three times a week in 5 equal sets. However, each week I will be adding 5 pull ups and 10 dips/lying leg raises to each week's total. Meaning, after 10 weeks, if I am able to stay on track, I will be performing 5x20 pull ups, 5x30 dips, and 5x40 lying leg raises. I will likely alternate between straight set and super sets from work out to work out. On the other days, I will be working out my legs and core and including other movements such as push ups and rows. Still sticking to basic movements, because I feel I can still get a lot of bang for my buck. I will continue logging. Hopefully in 10 weeks, sets of 20 pull ups are easy for me. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:28 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K-Fancy's training log   

Back to top Go down

K-Fancy's training log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top