Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Training log (female)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:45 am

Sunday 14th October
This is my 6th consecutive day of training... Should've rested really but promised a friend I'd train him. He'd injured his shoulder so we hit legs and also I talked him through the benefits of HIT vs. steady cardio, told him he needs to set goals for himself, do serious strength training and clean up his diet. Will be cool if he starts implementing some changes.

Tabata bodyweight squats
(20s squats, 10s rest for 8 rounds)

Tabata high kicks
(20s work, 20s rest so could swap on and off the bag)

3 sets of 10 swiss ball pikes
(demoing mytop ab exercises to wean him off crunches)

Tabata lunges

Then some stretching.

Short and sweet and I reckon he'll be hurting tomorrow Wink

My arm still hurts. Think it's something in my bicep. Gonna follow Lou's recovery diet - boney fish, papaya/pineapple, ginger and peanut butter. Want to do more muscle-ups tomorrow - have decided I need to keep then to alternate days for the next month or so in order not to risk tendonitis and let my body get used to them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Monday 15th October
Took a rest day - figured it was wise (although I was tempted to power through and train for 7 consecutive days...). Chilled at home, worked on my new website and ate lots.

----------------------------------

Tuesday 16th October

Warm-up:

1 pull-up
2 push-ups
2 / 4
3 / 6
4 / 8
5 / 10

Joint mobility

Muscle-ups
Didn't count but probably did about 4 or 5. They were all messy as f*&^.

Second session of 5x5 program:

5 x 5 dips at 10kg

5 x 5 pull-ups at 5kg

I actually bothered to read the book and it says to start low so you can do the full 5 reps, so that's what I did. Gotta say that even the 5x5 pulls were hard at 5kg. Really struggled on the last one.

3 x 10 hanging leg raises

3 x 10 l-sit kick-outs

Stretching

Home to eat and take ibuprofen then go to bed Smile

Back to top Go down
Sai

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Great log Fi! very inspirational! good routines too.

btw u take the ibuprofen often?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:13 am

Thanks Sai! I just copy what I see other people doing - don't really have a clue.

And no - very very rarely. It's bad for your stomach and I read somewhere that it impairs recovery. But sometimes I don't sleep well if I'm too wired (after training) before bed, so take a sleeping pill, magnesium and ibuprofen and drift off on a big fluffy cloud...

Then sleep through two alarms, wake up late and have to rush into the studio without breakfast Wink
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Wednesday 17th October

Quick lunchtime session:

Warm-up:
Tabata sprints (16km/h for 30s, 6km/h for 20s)

2 min rest

Tabata burpees (20s work, 10s rest for 8 rounds)

1 min rest

2/4/6/8/10/8/6/4/2 diamond push-ups

1 min rest

10 pull-ups with 10s hold at top, middle and bottom.

Arm (bicep) still a bit sore from MU's so resting hardcore upper body for a few days.

----------------------------------------

Thursday 18th October

Warm-up:

1km run
Joint mobility

5 sets of 20s L-sit holds

5 sets of 20 tuck planche holds
(Not really a tuck planche as my feet aren't high enough, but trying to push forwards and load up my shoulders more. Feeling better at them after all the shoulder-loading to get the MU)

3 x tuck front/back lever holds.
Not liking doing these on the rack at the gym - too high to drop off if I'm fatigued. Will have to buy some rings.

Tabata high kicks

Tabata front kicks (awesome - put the bag against the wall - makes a good noise Wink )

Abz:

3 x supersets:
- 10 x swiss ball pikes
- 10 x leg raises/lowers with my a$$ hanging off a bench (gonna try and move out further and further)
- 10 x single leg swiss ball jackknifes (5 each leg)

Next time will do some plank and hollow rocks - meant to do them but forgot.

5 sets of 10 tuck jumps

Stretching

--------

On the diet front been sticking with the low carb/keto thing but been feeling a bit tired and hungry so decided to do a mega carb slam... So got 150g's of carbs in the form of brown rice and sweet potatoes. Hopefully that's enough to restore glycogen and reset leptin as the thought of cramming more down (that came to two heaped bowls) doesn't really appeal. Am loving the low carb thing so hoping that this will give me a bit of a boost. Might start introducing more carbs after workouts though and see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Friday 19th October

Rest day but went for a 1km warm-up run then did 1/2 an hour of stretching, which just felt *awesome*. My body's kind of fucked.

Then sat in the steam room for 1/2 an hour. Yay.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Saturday 20th October

Up to Primrose to train with the guys.

Gotta say I wasn't really feeling it today - pretty exhausted and not my usual energetic self. Couldn't do a MU on the bars, which wasn't really surprising (that inward cut on the bars at the gym makes it easier to get one arm over and brute-force it up!) but was kind of annoying any way.

Attempted BB Mark's latest hold set:

15s l-sit, 15 x dips, 10s l-sit, 10 dips, 5s l-sit, 5 dips (he does his with 20 at the start too) but I think my palms are bruised as my hands were hurting loads which was both sore and distracting. It's off the dip bars at the gym, which are really really narrow (part of the squat rack). Trained today (Sunday) at the gym and had to use those padded things that the weights guys use for the powerlifting bar on their necks. I'm gonna get some heavy duty pipe lagging tomorrow, or some other alternative - layers of neoprene or memory foam or something. Not good.

Anyhow, did some good straight bar dips (sets of 10 easily, keeping my hips/stomach away from the bar - happy with that).

Pull-overs are easy - really need to start repping them now instead of just using them as a means to get to the top of the bar.

-----------------------------------

Sunday 21st October

Gym session.

Warm-up:

Joint mobility

2 x bench dips
2 x bench push-ups
4/4 6/6 8/8 10/10

1 pull-up
2 x narrow push-up
2/4 3/6 4/8 5/10

More joint mobility & stretching

Muscle-ups x 5 with very slow negatives (although I struggle to do anything below the bar slowly - just drop down like a sack of sh*t Wink )

Thought about doing more but my bicep is hurting - like the muscle is bruised. Training makes it hurt (who'd have thought it!).

Weighted sets:

5 x 5 pull-ups with 6.25kg (1.25 increase from last time)

5 x 5 dips with 11.25kg (1.25 increase from last time)

2 minute rest between all sets.

They went pretty well - actually the pulls felt easier than the dips, despite a relatively higher weight increase. Going to do one more round at this weight then increase again.

A friend was in and wanted to do some training, so hit abs:

3 sets each of:

10 x swiss ball pikes
10 x hollow rocks
1 min plank

Not done hollow rocks or plank for ages - going to add them back into my program. Really good all-over tension.

Starting experimenting with more carbs - 100g of sweet potato after training with coconut oil. Gonna see how it affects ketosis.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Monday 22nd October

Static day
Part of my plan to train more and not injure myself. Gonna have to be very careful, especially as my bicep isn't healed...

Warm-up

Tabata burpees
Actually really getting into these. Plus it makes people stare at you like you're some kind of nutter, and hopefully shames those dumb girls who spend hours on the cross trainer into doing some proper training. (Intolerant, me?!)

L-sits:
5 x 20s holds with 2 mins rest

High pull-up position hold:
35s
Arm hurt - had to stop

Tuck planche:
5 x 20s holds with 2 mins rest
Really pushing on these.

One-hand dead hang:
15s each side
Skin on hand hurt - calluses a bit mashed at the moment, but will work on it more

High pull-up position hold:
35s
Arm still hurt - had to stop (I'm a dumbass and don't learn Smile )

Hyperextensions:
Decided I need to strengthen my lower back more. Not done these before but used that thing they have at the gym - you tuck your feet in and bend over/pull up.

Started with a 5kg weighted set of 10 to warm-up

Then did 5 supersets:
7 x 10kg hyperextensions
10 x chest & chin to ground push-ups

Didn't want to do more reps/weight until I've had a chance to get used to them.

Handstand holds:
5 x 30s holds
(Not done these for so long - was hard. Need to get back into HSPU negatives)

Elbow lever:
Tried a few times, can't get my legs up, not sure what to do really. Will seek advice from someone who knows better.

Today I started "toilet break chest & chin to ground push-ups", so I ended up doing 100 in total. Seems like a good way to get reps in, plus I can do it at work without people noticing. Trying to clean up my ROM so going for as low as possible.

Now that I've written all that I realise that actually it was a decent session.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Tuesday 23rd October

Warm-up:

Joint mobility

2 x bench dips
2 x bench push-ups
4/4 6/6 8/8 10/10

1 pull-up
2 x narrow push-up
2/4 3/6 4/8 5/10

6 x muscle-ups (with maybe 1 min rest in between)
Going to increase by one each time. They feel very slightly easier, although I am still basically using brute force to power me up, with no technique whatsoever.

5x5 sets:

6.25kg pull-ups

11/25kg dips

All 2 min rest. Failed on the last dip on the last set, so will keep that weight the same and increase pulls to 7.25kg. Will wait till I'm fresh for the next session to increase the liklihood of managing it - probably Sunday or Monday.

5 x 10 leg raises
1 min rest. Really tried to go as high as possible and as slow as possible. Might have to cut down the reps to really do this though.

3 x 5 close-grip straight bar dips
1.30min rest. Damn these felt hard after the above!

Bit of handstand practise and some stretching out on the TRX.

Today's bathroom break sets were 10s advance frog stand. Did 60s in total. Feeling very very slightly easier than they used to.

Body is battered today - rest tomorrow fo' sho'.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:57 am

Wednesday 24th October
Rest day. Much needed.

Bathroom break sets - chest to floor narrow push-ups x 50 (forgot a few times!)

------------------------------------

Thursday 25th October
Abs and back day. Tapering down my upper body training for a few days - arm is still sore and I think I need to adapt to all the weighted stuff and the muscle ups.

Warm-up:

Tabata sprints

Tabata burpees
These felt harder than normal today

4 super-sets:

- 10 x swiss ball pikes
- 1 minute kicking punch bag
- 10 x ab rollouts*
- 20 x lying down side-to-side leg raises
- 10 x assisted pistols**

* Done standing up, but with the wall to stop me if I went too far (although aimed to stop before I hit it). Did two sets of 10 with a 30s rest to let my back ease off.

** Going all the way down, holding at the bottom. Held onto a bench with one hand and tried to engage my legs/a$$ to push up. Really need to work on my form for pistols - think it's better to do some assisted rather than not go all the way on unassisted ones.

Been watching some more MU tutorials to get my head round the swing, so practised them for a bit. Still feels like I have a long way to go before I can do them properly. Did one but pretty much brute-forced may way up as usual. Made my arm hurt - shouldn't have done it really.

Lots of stretching.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   

Back to top Go down

Training log (female)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6