Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Training log (female)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
G@lvo

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:01 am

Hey, for sure you're a hell of a girl! Strong Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:15 am

Haha thanks! Off to Primrose in a minute to get some more practise in. Will find out whether it's a technique problem or if I just need to get some more strength to get through the transition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Sunday 9th September

Awesome hot and sunny day at Primrose Hill. Lots of swinging around on the bars and getting stuck with my arms over it again Wink Also got some nice bruises from slamming them into the bars (also one on my chest!).

Next step is more practise Smile
Specifically ultra-low straight bar dips, more explosive pulls and mainly just working on the swing and kip to get as high as possible. Hopefully a couple of weeks of that will get me there.

Otherwise did a set of 10 pull-ups (proper lock-out this time) followed straight away by 20 push-ups. Nice warm-up. Loads of people out so did it in front of an audience, which probably helped!

Also did 15 dips with 1s hold at the top. Pretty happy with that.

Some leg raises on the p-bars too - been practising these loads and finally feeling like my back's getting much stronger.

Messed around with a load of other stuff but can't be bothered to write about it here - just the usual.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:44 am

Monday 10th September
Wanted to go do sprint invervals with Ify, but it was one of those days when you wake up hurting (see bruises in previous post) and it just gets worse and worse until by the time it's 5.30pm you feel like sitting on the sofa and watching the X Factor. Which is exactly what I did.

--------------------------------

Tuesday 11th September
Did my usual run in 35.4s. Best time so far.

Really pushed myself so reasonably happy with that, although next time I'll push from the start and not the last kilometer Wink

Been making some changes to my diet recently, slowly dropping carbs and upping fat. Doing what I hope will be the last phase before slowly re-introducing more carbs, which is to eat <25g of carbs for 5 days, but also to keep protein below 100g, since it is converted to a form of carb. So far today I've eaten chorizo, coconut, walnuts, cheese, fatty beef and half an avocado. Will be interesting to see if my stomach stands up to all the fat!

Going for another run on Thursday, so will be interested to see how my performance is then after three days with so few carbs. Will really try and push hard.
Back to top Go down
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:35 am

interesting Fi, but fats are converted to glucose too...your body has to...the fat must be converted before use as energy...isnt that right? if that is so then what does goin ultra low carb and moderate protein intake do?

I guess order of metabolism could be considered...obviously carbs are converted to glucose first since it is the most efficient, are then not fats converted to glucose before proteins are? I dont know Im just asking. I thought that was the whole premise behind the low and moderately low carb diets in te first place...once out of carb energy the body burns fat fuel, then body fat, then finally after that is exhausted then burns protein. if that is so then how does going high fat do anything but hinder your progress...ok so all of the above is just what I think happens and I am not a nutrition expert in the slightest.

and arent you lean enough already? wit that 6pack action and all. What is your leanness goal?

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:46 am

Some links...

(At work - no time to go into it all so will leave it to you to research!)

What does it mean to be fat adapted?

Part 2 of the above

Low carber wins ultramarathon

Thread on bodybuilding.com (not read this - will do later though)

There is loads more on Google.

If you're curious, in the last month I've had about 4 days of being over 150g of carbs, in the last two weeks only two days of being over 100g. In the past week I've gone for below 75g, and am now just going to do 5 days of <25g. (Honestly I'm not sure I could handle more than that anyway). As it is I think I'm pretty well adapted, but want to be sure before I start introducing more carbs, like PWO sweet potato. Once you're adapted you can burn glycogen from carbs too, and when that's depleted switch to fat burning.

Frankly it sounds too damn awesome not to do, and also for me (from the point of view of my health and training style/goals) pretty damn perfect.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Wednesday 12th September

Can't believe we're nearly halfway through September already, although the weather here is certainly turning - feels like Autumn now (despite the fact I was training in my bikini top on Saturday, when it was boiling!). Think I'm gonna be pretty happy for my gym membership by the end of October.

Anyhow, 26g of carbs today. Felt ok but it was hard to hit calorie intake without any carbs. Even peanut butter matters when you're limited to that number. Ended up having fish for dinner, then a spoon of half PB and half coconut oil to make sure I'd eaten enough calories (1800). That was a bad idea because it is basically one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten - the cocnut fat just melts in your mouth *insert Homer Simpson drool*

Went training at Primrose. Fairly light session.

Warm-up:

2 x jumping jacks
2 x burpees
4/6/8/10/8/6/4/2
(50 of each in total)

10 x pull-ups
20 x dips (/just/ managed these in one set - last few it was hard to lock out at the top)

Tried to do 30 push-ups but didn't leave enough rest after the dips and was destroyed Smile

3 sets of leg raises on the p-bars

3 sets of 5 x explosive/kipping/swinging pull-ups

4 sets of static holds:
20s front lever
20s back levers

Seem to be making progress on the levers - starting to relax the tuck and move my knees out more. Next time will spend more time on the back lever, bringing my legs down from the top as well as doing it tucked.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Friday 14th September

Realised it's been a bit of a quiet week on the training front for me. Going to Primrose on Sunday for a killer session impacted my recovery and therefore training days for the rest of the week, plus a bout of insomnia wiped out another day.

Got my usual 6.5km run in, but it just felt like a really struggle all the way round. Even dropped a few hundred metres coz I just wanted to get home, but of course I managed to sprint back down my street so I think that it was partly in my head. Although I did have some weird muscle pains, including cramp in my right forearm and bicep - weird. Wonder if it's related to the low carb-ing.

Macros for today are insane:
Calories 2,084 (supposedly 420 of which were burnt by the run)
33 carbs
173 fat
104 protein

I've been low carbing (aiming for under 25g) for four days and lost 1.6kg. Don't think any of that would've been water as I was already only on about 60g beforehand.

I'm hoping that today's crappy run was just a remnant of insomnia-related poor recovery, and not anything to do with the dietary shift. Guess we will see tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:18 am

Saturday 15th September

Started the day off with some fingertip L-sit holds as a result of a challenge laid down by my friend Aleks.

Then headed off for the usual Saturday up at Primrose. Sunny again - yay. You never know when they'll be the last rays of the year now, so good to take advantage sunny

Started with a load of MU training whilst I was fresh. Got good hight, but still thinking I need to be a little bit higher to have the confidence to get an arm (or two...!) over. Mainly just focussed on the timing of the swing and kip. Not worried about it - there's no rush and I know it's partly a matter of having the confidence to go for it, which will come with more practise.

Messed around with a few things - more tucked levers, some Russian Dips (turns out MU's cane your shoulders leaving you virtually incapable of doing these!), dips. There was a guy there with insane muscles but actually quite weak - couldn't even come close to getting an L-sit, couldn't pull himself up into anything that resembled a tuck planche position. Always surprises me to see people who look so strong but actually aren't in any functional way. Of course I had to do some showing off with my holds and L-sit kick outs Wink Messed around on the p-bars trying to do some jumps over the side but not sure I have the dynamic strength (or the balls) for those.

We all had a nice stretching session afterwards, and Ify taught me how to do a kip-up, which I will try and do when I'm feeling fresh.

WRT to the diet, after another night of bad insomnia I decided to do an evening re-carb, so went to my favourite local vegetarian South Indian restaurant where they do an awesome buffet, and ate as much rice, potatoes and lentils as I could force down. Must've been about 400g of carbs. Hoping that will re-fill muscle glycogen and allow me to train hard and sleep well again. Back on keto-style diet again now. Want to stick with it as my energy has otherwise been pretty good, and if I can sort out the sleeping thing I'll be pretty happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:38 am

Sunday 16th September

9km bike ride up to Kennington

Got there to find that the wide high bar has finally broken and been taken down. Met two other people who had also come to use it in the space of five minutes. Not good. Gonna have to email the council and see if they plan to fix it.

Anyhow, just came to do straight sets of the basics:

5 sets x pull-ups:
6, 8, 6, 6, 8

5 x sets dips:
12, 16, 12, 12, 15

5 x sets push-ups:
16, 18, 15, 15, 18

These sets are all taken from the 50pullups.com program. I'm working on getting my endurance up and wanted a solid and simple routine to follow. Since I had some success with following it for pull-ups, I decided to just use their numbers for dips (21-25 program) and push-ups (26-30 program). Think I'll jump up to the next level on push-ups next time I do this as they felt quite easy. Also next time will do dips first, then pulls, then pushes - think it's a bit easier to have the two pushes sandwiched by the pulls.

9km cycle home.

Back on the low carb - 23g. Finding it easier now - good energy levels during the day.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:21 am

Monday 17th September

So my Tuesday plans got cancelled which has meant shuffling round training/rest days, so this was really a rest day, but...

Messed around with some tabata's:

One set of tabata jumping jacks
Verdict: hard on the calves

One set of tabata pistol squats
Verdict: too easy

One attempted set of tabata squat jumps
Result: did two rounds and gave up
Might try again but accept that the tuck element won't last beyond a few sets!

Also did a load of stretches from Pavel's "Relax Into Stretch" since I think learning to do the splits would be pretty damn cool.

In other news, this whole keto diet thing is f-ing awesome. Still not sleeping great but not sure if that's the diet or just me. But the high fat thing is working well for me - feel energised, look lean, and I get to eat things like a meal of chicken, cheese and avocado. Yum.

----------------------------

Tuesday 17th September

On P-bars:

5 x sets:
5 x L-sit to tuck planche

4 x sets:
20s tuck front lever
1min rest
20s tuck back lever
1 min rest
(need to get these times up but was feeling weak!)

4 x sets:
Advanced frog stand - 30s (not continuous - just timed)

4 x sets of skin the cat:
3, 4, 4, 4 reps.
Happy with that. Gonna do these more now that I can get up to a reasonable number of reps.

Wanted to do some handstand but it was getting dark. Handstand practise is like a big living rock on my shoulder that weighs a tonne and constantly tells me how disappointed it is with me Wink
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:11 pm

Thursday 20th September
Up to Primrose. Tried some MU's but still not feeling like I'm high enough, although the actual technique's feeling ok. Saw Luigi and Toga who suggested I do some high pulls on the ladder thing, trying to get my chest to the bar along the side (neutral grip). Those were pretty good - felt strong. Did 5 sets of between 5 and 7 reps.

Then:

5 x sets dips:
13, 17, 13, 13, 16

5 x sets push-ups:
17, 19, 17, 17, 19

(Both increasing last time's rep count by one)

Some tuck front and back lever holds. Still finding front lever much easier and more comfortable than back. Bad shoulder mobility I suspect.

Bit of stretching then off home.

------------------------

Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd September
Both rest days. Don't really want them to be but up with family so what's a girl gonna do?! Hopefully will identify a local playground tomorrow and head out for a session there. (I am in Wales)

So far (only first day) managing to stick to keto diet. Ate rice with dinner last night which was damn tasty, but checked for keto this morning and back on it.

Also my copy of The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance by Jeff S. Volek and Stephen D. Phinney MD arrived. Sounds like I've done what I needed to do right (should've read the book before making the transition really!) and can start adding back in a few carbs, although it's still ideal to stay within ketosis as far as I can tell. Should have some time to finish reading whilst I'm up here.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:51 am

Sunday 23rd September
Am away in Wales with my family, so had to find a playground to train.

0.5 mile run to the playground

Trying to work on my endurance, found a good routine:

10 x pull-ups, 30s rest, 30 x push-ups, 2m rest
9 x pulls, 30s rest, 27 x pushes, 2m rest
8 x pulls, 30s rest, 24 x pushes, 2m rest
7 x pulls, 30s rest, 21 x pushes, 2m rest
6 x pulls, 30s rest, 18 x pushes, 2m rest
5 x pulls, 0s rest, 15 x pushes, 1m rest
4 x pulls, 0 rest, 12 x pushes, 1m rest
3 x pulls, 0 rest, 9 x pushes, 0 rest
2 x pulls, 0 rest, 6 x pushes, 0 rest
1 x pulls, 0 rest, 3 x pushes, 0 rest

(Total 55 pull-ups, 165 push-ups)

Thought the lactic build-up in the first half would be really bad, but actually it was ok.

Then did 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 of hanging leg raises.

All of this was done on a kids playground in a tiny village in Wales. Full of kids and the parents speaking Welsh to them. One father kept staring at me with his mouth hanging open.

0.5 mile run back.

Got back and messed around with frog stands on my push-up handles, and did some HSPU negatives (both very very neglected techniques).

Think the fat adaptation is complete - this was my first session of really trying to push hard, and I felt good. Had lowered the training volume and intensity for the past two weeks, but confident I can ramp it back up again now. That book is excellent - really recommend it for anyone interested in doing the same thing. I feel awesome now - sleeping well again, looking lean, feeling full of energy. Also still enjoying eating lots of glorious fat. Yay!

Really want to go out today and do the same pyramid routine but with pull-ups and bench dips, but it's pissing it down with rain, and think it will be doing so for the next few days. Might have to change it to bench dips and push-ups inside.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Monday 24th September
Wow, getting a bit behind. Was still away with family, plus it was raining, so had to get creative in my room.

Messed around with L-sits and frog stands for a bit. Was buzzed about the previous days pyramid sets so decided to try another one with bench dips and bodyweight squats. I never do bodyweight squats as I find them quite easy, but thought it would be a good way to hit legs and get some cardio. Wanted to go back up the pyramid but got called down by the folks to drink champagne with eveyone - whatcha gonna do with a request like that? Wink

Dips Squats
30 60
27 54
24 48
21 42
18 36
15 30
12 24
9 18
6 12
3 6

Total of 165 dips and 330 squats.

----------------------

Tuesday 25th September
Wanted to go for a run but flooding = massively delayed trains = getting home at 11pm. Lame.

-----------------------

Wednesday 26th September
Went to Primrose to work on some endurance stuff, but Toga was down there. He knows about my MU goal and has been really helping me out with various exercises.

Warm-up:

2 x jumping jacks
2 x burpees
4/4 6/6 8/8 10/10 8/8 6/6 4/4 2/2

1 x pull up
2 x push ups
2/4 3/6 4/8 5/10

3 x sets of high explosive pull-ups on the monkey bars (neutral grip). Pretty much hitting my chest to the bar on these.

Worked on Russian dips but with arms outside the bar, so it's a lower point to push up from. Could only do 2 reps at a time. Did them till I was too fatigued to do any more. Got bruises from slamming my inner arms down in the early set, but actually by the later ones felt like I'd got the hang of tapping them down then rolling my shoulders forward. Toga has given me strict instructions to practice exclusively these for the next 6 weeks, which I will probably adhere to mostly (but I still want to get my endurance up with dips so will hit them at least once a week).

Did some front and back lever work, and some skin the cat, which I have been instructed not to do because my shoulder mobility is so bad (years of martial arts) that it's not good to stretch that heavily with weight. He couldn't actually believe that my max position was actually my max. My shoulders are f-ed! Wink

Last edited by Fi on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:19 am

Thursday 27th September

5km run from Euston Square, round Regents Park, to my sisters place in Edgware Road.

Not bad - was raining so didn't feel like really killing it. Hadn't been out running for ages though so was good to get out.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:21 am

Friday 29th September

Endurance day at Kennington. Wide high bar still not fixed - complained to the council who said it will be fixed. Met someone who said that all the Bartenderz have been complaining too. I don't think the council get the bar thing.

Anyhow, sticking with the same pyramid as before but dropped the rest between the two exercises:

10 x pull-ups
30 x narrow push-ups (had to break these up - quite fatigued)
2 min rest

9 x pulls, 27 x pushes
2 min rest

etc. down to:

5 x pulls, 15 pushes
1 min rest (dropped the rest for reps under 5)

etc. down to:

1 x pull, 3 x pushes

Good set. Felt pretty strong.

Dips
Another pyramid:
10, 9, 8, 7 etc. x dips
(1.30s rest >5 reps, then 30s rest)

L-sit kick-outs
10, 9, 8, 7 etc. x l-sit kickouts
(30s rest between sets)

Didn't have time to stretch and also was approached by a really. fucking. weird. guy. So made some excuses and literally ran away.
Back to top Go down
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 am

LOL haha Razz great workouts though Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Saturday 19th September
Up to Primrose. Thought I'd be so fatigued from yesterday that I wouldn't be able to do much today, so was kinda gearing myself up for some core work and maybe a few holds, but I was wrong.

Did some sets of dips and got 15 and 18 reps. Happy about that given yesterdays training - definitely means I'm getting stronger.

Messed around with tuck holds and L-sits on the p-bars. Went over to the high bars and did a few sets of two-finger pull-ups:

A couple of RKC friends on Facebook posted the challenge, so of course I had to have a go. Easier than I thought but feel a bit weird on your fingers.

Tried a one-finger but no go. Can do a hold so might try working up to them.

Did some one-arm assisted pull-ups - never tried them before by they were easier than I thought.

Messed around with MU attempts, but only to show people that I still can't do them Wink

Did a few tuck levers but back/core was tired after yesterday. Also used the rings to do some assisted (by sitting down/back) ring MU type things, just to get that tension through the transition.

Still on the keto/high fat diet - feeling good, recovered, energetic etc. Really happy with it all round and no problems sticking to it. Haven't even had the urge to eat carby things really.

My arms are f-ed today, but luckily I have an awesome idea for a killer leg workout tomorrow Wink
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Sunday 30th September
Holy crap my arms (deltoids) are hurting. So I hit legs instead Smile

Had bought some new trainers - New Balance Minimus Ionix 3090 - which are barefoot shoes. They are quite padded but with a very low heel-toe raise (6mm). I've been looking for a good shoe to transition from normal running shoes to something more like my Vibram's, and I'm hopeful these are it.

Since they are new and different to my old padded shoes with a big raised heel (comparatively) I only did 3km. It went very well. Actually way easier than running outside (quelle surprise).

Oh yeah - I re-activated my gym membership. It's cold here and I hate training when I'm cold. Will still hit the parks as much as possible, but do my endurance work (plus running and some yoga) indoors.

Training:

3km run (1km at 11m 1km at 11.5, 1km at 12km/h)

3 sets of HLR's

One 20s L-sit hold (shouldn't have done as resting arms, but hey - couldn't help myself)

Double tabata squats and high kicks:
20s squats, 10s rest, 20s kicks, 10s rest for 16 rounds.

Then I did about half an hours stretching and sat in the steam room for 15 minutes. The space to stretch and the steam room are the best things about the gym. Well, and the fact I can play my own music in the studio. And that punch bag!
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Monday 1st October
Rest day.

----------------------------------------

Tuesday 2nd October
Went to the gym. My first bodyweight session since the end of June. Got to say I wasn't pleased about going back – wanted to go to the park but it was raining, and just not really happy about having to be back indoors. And before you say it, I get really freezing and can't train strength in the cold. I can just about drag myself out for a run, but I get really really cold – I hate using my muscles when I'm cold to the bone, and even standing around resting between sets would make me cold.

Anyhow, it actually turned out really well – walked in to find one of my mates from kickboxing class (before I froze my membership) and a friend of his who I'd always seen around (he also trains bodyweight) training on the squat rack/pull-up/dip station along with a PT who had just started when I left in June. I warmed up a bit, walked over, said hi. They were doing Russian dip and pull-up supersets, so got stuck in with those:

3 sets of 5 x Russian dips and 5 x pull-ups back-to-back

Messed around with doing Russian dips and leaning your legs back (straight body) like a lever (supported)

Did some pull-up reps

Did some typewriters/round-the-world things

Tried a few muscle-ups since they were curious (I am resting off trying more MU's whilst I work on loading up my shoulders)

Push-ups (wide grip)

3 x 10x HLR's

Sets of Pistol squats:
1 each leg
2 each leg, etc. up to 6 each leg.
Need to work on these, and my flexibility – heal still raising, especially on the right.

Wednesday 3rd October
Morning:
5km run outside. Shorter than normal but I have bought some new barefoot-style trainers and want to ease into them. They are a massive jump from the running shoes I had before, which were very supportive and designed for people with some pronation (rolling the foot in). Since I will be moving to more treadmill running, plus have been wearing the Vibrams loads, I figured it was time to start moving to barefoot shoes for running too. Will see how it goes.

Evening:
Hit the gym for another session. Loading up the pain now in preparation for a holiday and some rest. Did endurance:

10 pull-ups
20 push-ups (no rest in between)
9/18
8/16 etc.
Didn't time rest but tried to keep it short.

Some L-sit and tried some tuck lever holds but they're hard on those weird-a$$ pull-up bars. Going to have to buy some rings and attach them to the cable machine.

Thursday 4th October
The start of a 5 day holiday to Cornwall. Three girls and a baby, plus a load of booze and other vital supplies. I am hoping I can find the self-restraint to take a 4 day rest. I am seriously hurting – shoulders are burning just from carrying shopping bags!

Staying on the high fat low carb thing will be difficult as neither of my mates train or are really interested in sports nutrition and so on. I will endeavour to cook some paleo meals and bring them to the right side though Wink
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:05 am

Thursday 4th October till Monday 8th October
Five whole days of rest. Basically did nothing beyond sitting around chatting sh*t with the girls and eating a bit of a calorie excess to aid muscle growth and recovery. Quite cool to experience no aching muscles at all Wink

--------------------------------------

Tuesday 9th October
An awesome 8km coastal run in Cornwall along cliffs and the beach. Made a couple of stops to explore some deserted buildings and also to paddle in the sea. An epic end to my training break. Also did it in my new shoes. Feet feel a bit weird today - may have been a bit too long for only my third time wearing them, but we will see.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:27 am

Wednesday 10th October
Quick workout at the gym.

5 min X-trainer warm-up, joint mobility.

Muscle up attempts. Going to do these every time I train, first thing so I'm fresh. I have decided that the reason I can't do them is because I am a mal-coordinated retard, rather than because I am weak. So I intend to practise them until I get it.

A few Russian dips. These are WAY harder to do on the setup at the gym then at the park.

Three sets of dips - 12, 10, 7

Two sets of pull-ups (low-ish numbers - was getting fatigued)

2 x L-sit holds (25 and 20s).

2 sets of 10 x HLR

Set of L-sit chins

Few static holds on the bar

Wasn't really a very well planned session all-in-all. Need to rectify that - kind of struggling with the transition back indoors, weirdly - not quite adapted to the different setup. It's harder to work stuff when you end up having to wait for equipment - the main pull-up and dip station is also the squat rack, so it's full of rat-faced creatine-bloated mofo's Wink Back again tonight and going to plan a proper workout routine before I go.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:39 pm

Thursday 11th October

Warm-up:
Tabata sprints on the treadmill:
30s at 16km/h
20s at 6km/h
(increased time to allow for speeding up/slowing down of belt).

Joint mobility

The pull-up rack was busy so started off with this weeks Zef workout:

30s hold in plank position
30 x push-ups
20s plank
20 x push-ups
10s plank
10 x push-ups
5s plank
5 x push-ups

It was really hard. You can see the video if you like. Had to break between sets. Gonna try again soon.

Then did 10 MU attempts (I think that's about my limit before I get fatigued). Got one arm over in a way that I think was "right", but didn't feel confident enough to get the other one up. Tweaked my elbow a bit - it's still hurting so going to lay off them for today and rest upper body. Feeling more positive. Need to be more explosive - as someone on my Facebook said - perhaps I need to get "more angry" Smile

5 supersets of 5 x pull-ups and 5 x dips (no rest between exercises, 1 minute in between sets)

Some static holds at the top of the bar (30s)

3 x 10 leg raises (on P-bars)

Some attempted HSPU negatives but I was too fatigued to go down. Really need to get on it with these - they are one of my new years resolutions and I've made no progress at all!

Think that was it - should've written this up last night.

Still on the high fat diet. So far so good. Feeling strong and recovered, building muscle nicely (actually getting some weird veins too) so sticking with it.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Friday 12th October
Leg day...

1km run @ 11km/h (all at 1% incline)
50 squats
50 kicks (25 each leg, on the freestanding bag)
20 pistols (10 each leg, not in an unbroken set though)
10 swiss ball pikes

1km run @ 11.5km/h
same sets

1km run @ 12km/h
same sets

Then lots of stretching.

Arms aching from two days consecutive training - hoping they'll be ok tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:37 am

Saturday 13th October

Warm-up:
1 pull-up
2 push-ups
2 / 4
3 / 6
4 / 8
5 / 10

Joint mobility

Muscle up attempts...

Did three muscle-ups but my arm was hurting.

Then put a 10kg plate in a backpack to do:

5 sets of 5 10kg weighted dips

5 sets of 3 (just) 10kg weighted pull-ups

I am going to aim to do a 5x5 weighted program on dips and pull-ups, so now I will increase the weight on dips to keep me at 5 x 5, with the last set being really hard. I'll keep the weight on pull-ups the same until I can do 5x5.

Felt like it wasn't much of a workout, but having achieved such an epic goal I figured it wasn't a problem Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training log (female)   

Back to top Go down

Training log (female)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next