Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Training log just started calisthenics!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nguyenquanghung

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 am

well then i think now it's out of your reach.stop working on dragon flag,and focus on having solid l sit(40-60s) and atleast 10 hanging leg raise
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:03 pm

went to vacation in greece for 10 days but still trained hard just got back. can hold a 30 sec l-sit on floor a 20 sec freestanding handstand did it 4 times today Very Happy and a tucked planche for like 10 sec didint rlly have anywhere to do pullups but did plenty of pushups/hstdp and pistols/burpees + swimming out in the ocean Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Little update of my training.. Can hold a handstand consistently now my max is 28 sec so frickin close to 30 I'm working on freestanding hstdp I can lower myself but I need to work on the positive my feet always fall back down so ill work them against the wall till their super easy
I can do sets of 10 pullups pretty much now and my new max is 18 full rom
Tucked planche getting easier plus I did my first ever back leaver today and held it for 5 sec but I used close grip which makes it easier
Also have a new Max of 10 pistols each leg an that was at te end of the workout which included pistols so I can do more Smile I'll keep training hard
Goals r to master tucked planch l sit handstand + back leaver and get a freestanding hstdp the front Leaver will come later an of course I want to improve my basics form/reps for bbr which will be aiming for soon enough

My routine right now is basically either freestyle which includes everything I feel like gymnastic/strength training and basics 10-20 + sets or just aim for a number plus pistols/jump rope usually thrown on every to ery other day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:28 pm

new max handstand hold 35 sec plus got my first pressup to handstand. found a new park right by my house spent like 1.5 hrs there freestyling all diff kinds of pullups dips core work some back leaver work and l-sit plus handstand work like everyday Smile

i feel like i still need to work on the basics a lot more and that im neglecting them for all the cool moves, so except for my hhandstand and hstdp im gonna focus a lot more on basics plus core plus throw in some leaver/planche training occasionally. i can also sprint at the park so im gonna do a leg/core/basics session in a few days
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:15 pm

got my first 1 minute handstand today 1:02 exactly Smile now just need to work on the hstdp ill get there... wow looking back at the begenning of my log i was so fricking weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol a year and a half of weights vs 3 months of calis................ so phsyched about the handstand tomm probs gonna hit the park
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:35 pm

GOT MY FIRST FREESTANDING HSTDP TODAY NOSE TO GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HARD WORK PAYS OFF Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fafaedras

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 am

mushu505 wrote:
GOT MY FIRST FREESTANDING HSTDP TODAY NOSE TO GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HARD WORK PAYS OFF Very Happy

Damn dude, i've been doing this for longer, but I still can't get a freestanding handstand. Sad My main problem is kicking into the air. I can't seem to do that, or I don't understand how..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:48 am

Thks bro Smile and seriously it's all practice. I just kind of got it after like 1-2 months of frustration but hard work there's no magic Ik it's frustrating. The biggest thing that helped me was NOT using the wall. In my opinion the wall is just for the very begenning to build up it confidence in being upside down and get a feel for the kick an handstand, but as soon as ur rdy practice a freestanding handstand whenever u can spend as much time a u can on it and whene u can attempt one good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:04 pm

had an awesome 2 hr workout today i havent been very consistent still working out hard a lot but not as much as i usually do school and stuff.
anyway today did strength stuff so a lot of leaver work l-sits/vsit work hstdp work handstand statics (all handstand stuff is freestanding) tuck planche some sets on the rings plus sets of the basics

exp:
warmup: 5 min jimp rope
10 pullups
20 pushups
10 dips

5 sec back leaver to 5 sec one legged tucked front leaver on rings *3
10-15 sec one leg tucked back leaver to advanced front leaver for 10 sec *3
l-sit to tucked planche *3
l-sit statics 20 sec sets
tucked planche statics 5-10 sec sets
freestanding handstand 3*20-30 sec
handstand to headstand back to handstand (freestanding)
3*3-4 hstdp (wall)
l-sit pullup sets of 5-7
side to side lsit on bars
ring muscle up to l-sit to leavers
different pullup/dip/pushup variations
core work with the bars/rings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:17 pm

went to the gym today first time in forever so had to show off a lil Wink

4*3 perfect no kip muscle ups
some sets of handstand pushups (yep can do them freestanding)plus some pressup to handstand
handstand statics
squats- worked my way up to 70kg for 5 reps was pretty easy did sets of 8 before i got up to that

pullup- 2*4 at 10 kg
1*14 at bw

chinup-2*5 at 10 kg

dips-2*5 at 20kg
2*12 at bw full range of motion (deeeeeeep)

some sets of pullups and dips/pushups reps were like 10/20/20

core:

5*5/5/5/4/3 hanging leg raises (full)

3*10 sec l-sit (soo tired from yesterdays workout)

3*10 ab rollouts on knees

2*10 windshield wipers

3*10 leg raies (to 90 degrees)

3*10 decline leg raises

like 10 min jump rope in total thorughout the workout. totally dead after this cant do a muscle up plus barely any pullups tomm im doing legs/cardio or even rest ill c how i am
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIBhenchman

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Just looked at your progress and jeesh, you're accelerating at a very fast pace!! Keep up the good work. By the way, how tall are you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LIBhenchman
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 am

Thks man it takes a lot of dedication Smile and about 5'7 lol not rlly tall :/ why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 pm

so dead today all my muscle aching yet couldnt keep still plus feeling a lil sick a cold i think.

at home:
almost max sets with tons of rest

pullups: 19/17
pushups:40/40 (easy)

went to park and did some sets of muscle ups tons of sets of pullups around 10-15 reps per set some leg raises sets of 5 dips sets of 15-20 and max pushups in 5 min got 145 lasted about an hour it was late plus i was deff not even close to 100% so tomm im either gonna rest or do cardio/legs/core
plus i can do super slow muscle ups now my transition is rlly strong i can even hold a static there and go back and forth for a few reps so my problem is my explosivness on the pullup once i get that down my muscle ups will be perfect so im gonna work on my explosive strength
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Worked out hard today for like 3 and a half hours. Had about a 2 hr morning session then 30 min in gym then at night a one hour session. Did tons of pull-ups/dips and muscle ups plus some core and front leaver training and freestanding handstands just playing w it. Some updates- I can do 10 full hanging leg raises( last few aren't perfect) and dragon flags w one leg tucked so my core strength is increasing.

I've been doing this now for about 4 months and all I can say is going to calisthenics was the best decision ever. I need to work on my basics still and perfect them Cus I'm still not strong enough to do any advanced moves for reps or anything plus my body can barely handle working hard on the basics daily I'm usually dead after 2 days of hitting it hard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:49 pm

i can do one dragon flag plus sets of 1 freestanding handstand pushup nose to ground lol i need to get stronger so i can do more than 1 rep!!!!
worked out again hard on different strength moves plus legs/core and some jump rope. at the end i did pullups and dips and i was like sturggling to get sets of 10 i was sooooo dead !! but after dinner alrdy feal stronger Smile ill c how i am tomm maybe ill rest or maybe not Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:41 pm

can hold a back leaver for 5 sec Smile offical now its good form and normal grip :0 muscle ups getting better and can also do one with no kip just momentum. new max pull-ups- 20 plus max pushups 80 and max dips did 30 on a wobbly chair so i can prbs do more. on my way to bbr Very Happy also can do one dragon flag and hold the static position plus getting way better at tucked one leg front leaver.. improving for sure just have to keep training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:17 am

did something different today. trained legs and some cardio early in the morning.
200 squats in sets of 50
100 burpees for time.. 7-8 min?
100 pistols alternating legs
didint know i could sweat this much, it took me about 40 min plus i trained fasted for the first time ever, just didint want to eat before.

my whole upperbody is sore from yesterday it seems i cant workout more then one day in a row yet if i workout intensely the day before (for several hrs) if i tried to workout today i would probs not be able to hold a back leaver or do a hstdp or crank out more than one set of 15 pull-ups basically i need to rest cus im not close to being my strongest. any pnions on recovery?? should i do one on one off (off being legs/core/cardio) or workout even if im not 100%??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:38 pm

recovery for sure getting faster. im dead and i keep telling myself im gonna rest but somehow i find energy and workout anyway and a strong workout!! not my strongest but still.
did tons of sets of back leaver today Smile finally perfect plus lots of core training and basics. im also starting to work towards the OHC i can do slow negatives and keep the static on top of bar(inspire5d by forum challenge) for like 5 sec but of course i need tons of work but its a start.
also think im gonna start working strength stuff more as in rlly push for HSTDP and planche plus get my front leaver/dragon flag and perfect my muscle ups plus some weighted basics. im still gonna do endurance work though and high volume cus i still need work plus the BBR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:40 am

crazy 2 hr workout

jump rope 5 min

40 dips
15 pullups

worked my way to 3*5 squats at 75kg and it was rlly easy
20 pistols straight after(each leg alt)

30 dips
15 pullups (broke after 2nd set to 12 and 13)
20 pushups

3* back leaver 5 sec about (not my max)
5*10 sec one leg tucked front leaver

3*3 muscle ups NO KIP first muscle up was always really clean and no false grip either. can fianlly pull to my lower sternum

sets of explosive pullups to chest- 5 reps still need work but first one is below chest always

tons of core work-
dragon flag work- negatives statics
leg raises full sets of 5
90 degree leg raises/statics
ab rollout on knees sets of 5

handstand pushup work not alot
3*5 pullups at 10kg
3*5 dips at 20kg

more pullups pushups pistols dips
5 min jump rope
last set of back leaver
done ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:46 pm

1-5-1 explosive pullup (to chest or below) pyramid with 10 pushups between every set for a total of 100 pushups

some sets/practice of perfect no kip normal grip mucle ups. can do about 2 and the second one is always easier because of the momentuem u get on the way down. still need practice and to pull higher but i improved so much

2 mu-20 dips-12 pullups-20 pushups-2 mu
time:2:24

3*10 pullups
3*8 leg raises to bar

2/4/6/8/10/8/6/4/2 pullup/leg raise to bar pyramid
in between did 50 pushups/40 pushups/30 diamonds/30 pushups

3*20 dips
i need a day off im so dead tomm i think legs/cardio
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:36 am

ran 15k today in a marathon- never doing it again hate running took 1:29 and i never trained or ran that much in my life haha good for a day off though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:17 pm

not logging everyday

11/6
5 sets of
10 pullups
20 dips
8 leg raises to bar
20 pushups
10 sec l-sit hold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:20 pm

went to gym

worked my way to 70kg squat for 3*5
various core work /muscle ups
pullups/dips

then did a quick set in the park
3*
2 muscle ups
10 pullups
20 straight bar dips
20 pushups
8 leg raises to bar
5 sec hannibal l-sit on pullup bar
this set was kiinda inspired by bamboo- i love watching him his form is perfect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:42 pm

throughout the day-
20 pullups
40 pushups
30 sec l-sit

15 pullups
30 pushups

then a quick workout

fletches challenge-
first time got to 4 rounds then got to 5 lol but i didint try my hardest plus im sore
5*10 sec l-sit w/10s breaks

10*10 pushups w/10s breaks
5*5 pullups w/10s breaks
5*5 pullups w/20s breaks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:22 pm

later at night went to park for actual workout- ran there and back 1 mile about

inspired by sosna-

1st set
2 mu-25 bar dips-15 pulups-30 pushups
5 min rest

2nd set
2 mu-20 bar dips-10 pulups-25 pushups
5 min rest

3rd set
2 mu-15 bar dips 5 pulups-20 pushups

about 5 sets of 2-3 muscle ups- really improving (no kip) and im tired and not nearly my strongest

sets of all different kinds of pull-ups/pushups

3*10 leg raises to bar
2*10 windshield wipers

1*15 leg raises to 90 degrees
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training log just started calisthenics!!!   

Back to top Go down

Training log just started calisthenics!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next