Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

teen brand new to calisthenics seeking general advice:)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mushu505

PostSubject: teen brand new to calisthenics seeking general advice:)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Found this site and been reading up on these forums.. and WOW ive been introduced to a completely different world of fitness. Im 17 5'8 140lbs around 10-12 % bf (estimate). Ive always been athletic playing mostly basketball including hs ball freshman year but started with all my fitness craze Wink about 2 yrs ago. been doing bodybuilding routines for the past year and didint get so far... Sad and recently i learned that bodybuilding is deffinetly not the fitness approch i want to be taking. just started a basic strength training 3 times a week with cardio like swimming/sprinting when not lifting and i know a ton about nutrition and i get really into it im 150% into fitness and nutrition. anyways calisthenics seems VERY interesting as in my goal is to be lean athletic and strong while enjoying life ( very general goal i have specific ones.. Razz) sorry abotu making the post long and stuff just diding really know where to post this and i just made an account and am kinda excited would really appreciate any advice you guys have on the kinda training. i know this is a really general post so again sorry about that its my first post........ umm ever Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: teen brand new to calisthenics seeking general advice:)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Welcome to the forums :-)

Take a look at the Bar-barian Beginners!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: teen brand new to calisthenics seeking general advice:)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:13 pm

thks man Smile already been reading everything i can find on this site its very useful Smile unlike weights can u do calisthenics like every day?? working your fully body
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: teen brand new to calisthenics seeking general advice:)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:16 pm

You can do that with weights as well... You just have to be careful

Quite a few people on here do a workout every day, including full body ones. Just make sure you get plenty of sleep and listen to your body. If it's says it's too tired/sore.. Don't force yourself to do anything, have a day or two off (or a week even) and then get back to it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushu505

PostSubject: Re: teen brand new to calisthenics seeking general advice:)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:20 pm

yeh i can deffinetly push my body HARD!! thks for the help Smile just if i can get a quick opinion. im currently during strength workouts (squats deads presses rows) 5*5 style increasing weight as much as i can and any type of cardio aerobic/anaerobic on off days and like 1 rest days and i eat when im hungry mostly lean proteins good fats fruits veggies and some starchy carbs deffinetly not eating as much as i did when "bodybuilding" i basically am taking a whole new look on fitness. do u recommend i stick with basic strength training or try calisthenics plus a day or 2 a week of heavy compounds cus i rlly kinda like the fact of not having a set schedule and just going for it every day ur body allows u too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wickedomar19

PostSubject: hi   Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:09 pm

hi this is my routine i first started with

(1min rest max)

mon: ''Around the world'' 10 sets of 6 reps pullups,dips,pushups
tue: ATW: 10 sets of 6 reps neutral grip pullups, dips, dimond pushups
wed:ATW: 10 sets of 6 reps chinups,dips, handstand pushups
thurs: = mondays routine
fri: =weds routine

I did this and each week added a number ill be honest i started at 5 reps pullups/dip/pushup = 1 set then rest 1 min, do this 10 times. this is what works for me i continued to do this and added a number each week untill i got to my current level 10 reps 10 sets. when i got up to doing 8 x 10 i started adding in high pullups instead of normal pullups so i could train for the muscle up, got my first muscle up this way . hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: teen brand new to calisthenics seeking general advice:)   

Back to top Go down

teen brand new to calisthenics seeking general advice:)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1