Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fed X

PostSubject: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Thu May 31, 2012 8:55 pm

Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones

Perform 7 partial reps from the start point to midway point. Without resting now perform 7 partial reps from the midway point to the top of the movement followed by 7 full range barbell curls. 7+7+7=21, which is why this one set includes 21 reps.

or better yet weighted chin ups

Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Thu May 31, 2012 10:52 pm

sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:31 am

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freerunner

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:23 pm

I've tried 'em with chin-ups before. I don't exactly see what logic has to do with it, but it works.

Doing them with weight would be really, really hard. Go for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:13 pm

same logic as in 7+7+7... ah... never mind
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:39 am

beasty boy wrote:
same logic as in 7+7+7... ah... never mind

wouldnt just doing the whole thing full ROM be more sufficient? or is it just to mix it up and have fun with. i rly dont see why this is good, neither why it would be bad.

i have seen ppl doing this with all kinds of stuff, even push ups, squats, leg raises etc. lol.

i sometimes just do stuff like this when i play around for fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digit

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:39 am

I do use them now in my routine and every next week i add 3 Kg more. Hope it helps and i use the same scene with Dips . : D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:16 am

Digit wrote:
I do use them now in my routine and every next week i add 3 Kg more. Hope it helps and i use the same scene with Dips . : D

good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Well pulldogpull doing partial reps sometimes help for more explosiveness.
Also one reason that maybe make it different is that u stop on different angles. At start near top later near mid later almost deadhang like normals. Dont know for sure just a thought.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:59 am

1stratos1 wrote:
Well pulldogpull doing partial reps sometimes help for more explosiveness.
Also one reason that maybe make it different is that u stop on different angles. At start near top later near mid later almost deadhang like normals. Dont know for sure just a thought.

different angles? no. doing 1 chin up or doing lower part then upper part = exactly same movement just broken down.

and it is not partial reps that help explosiveness but the speed u do them. ok i guess they are just good for some more extra focus on the biceps etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digit

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:20 am

Y i think the same . After the reps my biceps are really pumped ..... Even so it is a different exercise . As pulldogg said explosivness comes with speed or getting stronger in the movement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:29 am

3 ellines se ena post, eleos. lol

cya around!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digit

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:22 am

O_o Gamw !!! Padou paei h Ellada : PPPPP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?   

Back to top Go down

can the same logic in Barbell Curl Twenty-Ones be applied to Chin Ups?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1