Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Shoulder Pain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hourjack

PostSubject: Shoulder Pain   Thu May 24, 2012 5:32 pm

I have been feeling pain in my shoulder. The doctor said its caused by inflammed biceps short head tendon and I should rest.
I think i damaged it when i did one arm pull ups without warming up.
Since then I felt pain even when doing the front/back lever also when doing pull ups and muscle ups. The last few days I haven't felt pain and I trained the levers and the muscle ups, I haven't lost strenght though. But when I tried OAP's again yesterday it hurted a bit and I didn't had that strenght in my arm required for OAP's anymore. Today in the morning I tried again and the pain was more severe after the attempts, after that I did some stretching and the pain was gone. Tomorrow I am going to rest the whole day but I dont know if the pain will be gone completely.
I am asking you guys what should I do and will I ever be able to do OAP's again ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Pain   Thu May 24, 2012 11:47 pm

did your doctor told to take a break from working out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Pain   Fri May 25, 2012 6:15 am

How long did you take off? Tendon injuries can easily take 6 months or more to heal, Metin (little beastM) i think was out for 9 months with a bicep tear. I've had about 7 months mostly off with a shoulder injury... these things do take time to heal i'm afraid.

You really must warm up before any hard activity, really before any work out at all! Will you be able to do OAPs again? Most likely yes... but let your arm fully recover first, you don't want to make your injury worse by rushing it.

You don't loose strength strength very quickly from not working out (injury can cause strength loss though) it's mostly stamina & edurance you'll lose from a prolonged break.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hourjack

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Pain   Fri May 25, 2012 8:52 am

@K4lisPeluru

The doctor said that the biceps is overtrained supposedly from OAP's and not resting enough (I trained a lot - 7days a week). He said that I should take 3-4 days with no workout at all and the biceps short head tendon should heal by itself. I rested for a couple a days and the pain was gone, I was happy and started training again but shortly after trying OAP's the pain appeared again but was not that strong like the first time.

@Tim my biceps isn't torn. The short head tendon is inflammed cause of overtraining. At least thats what the doctor said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Pain   Sat May 26, 2012 4:20 am

hourjack wrote:
@K4lisPeluru

The doctor said that the biceps is overtrained supposedly from OAP's and not resting enough (I trained a lot - 7days a week). He said that I should take 3-4 days with no workout at all and the biceps short head tendon should heal by itself. I rested for a couple a days and the pain was gone, I was happy and started training again but shortly after trying OAP's the pain appeared again but was not that strong like the first time.

@Tim my biceps isn't torn. The short head tendon is inflammed cause of overtraining. At least thats what the doctor said.

If it's just inflamed you'll still need to give it a week or 2 off strenuous activities, you might well be able to get away with standard pull-ups etc during that, just don't push yourself to the extreme. And wait to do the hard stuff till it's fully healed else wise you'll just keep on aggravating it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Pain   Sat May 26, 2012 4:31 am

Tim wrote:
hourjack wrote:
@K4lisPeluru

If it's just inflamed you'll still need to give it a week or 2 off strenuous activities, you might well be able to get away with standard pull-ups etc during that, just don't push yourself to the extreme. And wait to do the hard stuff till it's fully healed else wise you'll just keep on aggravating it.

yup, what tim said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Zeromni

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Pain   Sun May 27, 2012 12:31 am

ya man rest im still trying to figure out what hurt my arm i was doing oap and all other powermoves every set for 3 days on and such and in the cold during winter with no warm ups like a dunce thinking im the man and such. now im paying the price i never went to a doctor to get it checked out because of insurance reasons and i been hurt for almost 5 months and to top it off i worked out the sameway for like a month after thinkiing it was a basic injury not realizing how bad it was i know i damaged it further. now i only do moves that dont hurt or make my arm click which is only a few. sum days i can do floor hspus but only if im realy feeling it. dude rest and stretch rehab do everything to fix it its better to lose progress and heal correctly then to further damage it and lose alot more time off of training or do permanent damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Pain   

Back to top Go down

Shoulder Pain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1