Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:08 am

Cool ... Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:28 am

personally i take no BCAA, i know a lot of people, especially on leangains, swear on them, but i dont like them and i wouldnt recommend them Smile not that they do bad, but for me they didnt do anything good and i call bs on them.

i would rather say take some energy booster than BCAA. all the BC u need u should get through ur diet if your goal is to get bigger anyways. so the BCAA supplementation is a waste imo. if u take anything pre-workout i would recommend something that gives power and energy, since it will allow u to workout more, rest less, more reps etc. pre workout imo is one of the most important parts anyway.

if i would to say i will supplement or aid any part of my diet/workout, it would be pre-workout lol

you should supplement to fill a gap, not to overdose. u get all the amino acids u need from most standard or half way good diets or eating styles anyway.

if u are cutting and ur diet is low then maybe i would say ok, take some. i have cutted before though without BCAA and it worked fine so... well yeah.. i see not use for BCAA's. wasted $$$ if u ask me :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:06 am

So you would recommend coffee?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:12 am

If you train fasted take the bcaa's and coffee, i been through trial and errors already for me personally they work great you wont know unless you cut with and without them fully. Also if you just train core your postworkout carb intake should be less, if you trained real hard eat more carbs after simple. Feel bad with all this knowledge from all angles you don't know where to start trust me if you train very hard fasted in time you will lose some muscle eventually especially on a low carb diet that happened to me last summer. Do it right from the start and study leangains.com from all angles top to bottom once your comfortable with the knowledge given right down your schedule and stick with it, your patience, consistency, dedication will pay off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:34 am

Thanks ironloo, I just finished my workout and first meal today ... I trained fasted, only a cup of black coffee beforehand. After my workout (around 2 hours) I ate a lot : chicken breast+2 wings, 2 pita breads, 8 slices bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and 4 peaches
I'm really full now, and just wondering if it is too much seeing as to how I'm trying to cut Bodyfat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:00 am

Nice, but for your post workout i would ditch the bread fully eat the chicken, lots of veggies, add better carbs like sweet potatoes, beans, chick peas, avocado is a good fat and carb.

I would eat the chicken and make a side of beans,broccolli, sliced avocado mixed together.
The only bread i would eat is hemp bread
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Cool, will do next time...just one more question, after going through leangains.com thoroughly, I noticed it said on high carb days, keep the protein medium to high and fat low, and on low carb days, keep the protein high and the fat medium to high...
So would eating nuts or peanut butter (high fat) on a high carb day not be ideal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:28 am

Since I already posted a sample of my high carb low fat post workout meal...here is a sample of my low carb high fat meal...
2 small chunks of pork belly (roasted)
1 cup roasted vegetables
1 chicken thigh and 1 chicken leg
4 celerysticks with peanut butter and raisens (I love this snack)
1/2 cup mixed nuts and raisens (walnuts, almonds, cashews and raisens)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:31 am

3Dip Max wrote:
Since I already posted a sample of my high carb low fat post workout meal...here is a sample of my low carb high fat meal...
2 small chunks of pork belly (roasted)
1 cup roasted vegetables
1 chicken thigh and 1 chicken leg
4 celerysticks with peanut butter and raisens (I love this snack)
1/2 cup mixed nuts and raisens (walnuts, almonds, cashews and raisens)

Take out all those raisins. They are very high carb (all dried fruit is). Also, what roasted veg? Most veg you can roast (potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots and to a lesser extent peppers and aubergine) are also high carb. You'd be better with steamed green veg - spinach, kale or broccoli (not peas - high carb).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:37 am

Agree with Fi, your low carb meal should be low carbs like this: Cook fish in a pan w/ olive oil, on the side have as much broccoli as you want that's it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:57 am

Cool thanks ... My roast veggies were carrots, so I guess I'll switch them up for least greens. Also I'll take the raisins out, but the peanut butter is fine right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Have the peanut butter post workout, instead drink 1-2 tbps. of olive oil or put it on your broccoli.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Cool that's ironloo Smile so nuts are allowed on high carb days then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bevinator

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:53 pm

I love nuts and still do eat them. But if you're going to be following leangains 'properly' first and then deciding where you can tweak it for yourself; have a read of this.

http://fitnessblackbook.com/diet-tips/martin-berkhan-scorch-through-your-fat-loss-plateau/

Written by Martin just explaining why he, doesn't advocate the over use (or really use) of nuts.
But then again im with loo and love smashing mountains of PB.
Just study as much as you can! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:07 pm

The only high carb meal is the post workout, so if you workout hard your post workout can have peanut butter and nuts. If its your off day make every meal lean protein/veggies.That's all its simple but hard to follow. I am actually on a severe diet right now started today and will stay on it till cut 10-15lbs.

9:30a.m.= 1 large can tuna,2tbsp.olive oil, 1 cup spinach, fish oil, maca root in water.

tea/water/ coffee.

1:30p.m. = 50 gram protein shake,1/2 avocado,1tbsp. coconut oil.

tea/water/coffee

5:30p.m. = 8-10oz. of any fish, massive portion of broccoli rabe , 10 garlics,10 olives,1 protein shake.

No food for 16hrs. i will stay on this till i am a lot leaner. As each week goes by i will track where i am and make minor tweaks depending on where i am at. This will be brutal eating no beans,no fruit, no grains but i will lean up quicker this way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:37 am

I too want to lose like 10-15 pounds, do I'll probably do something similar to you, however what about your post workout nutrition? No carbs there either? And if so, which of those is your post workout meal? (looks like the last one)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:35 am

everday same diet, yea the last one is the post workoutmeal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:52 am

And how long wold it take for you to lose all that weight approximately? Also do you still workout everyday? Or do you take some rest?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:06 am

I will be on it a few months i will see how it goes, i work out daily i rest in my sleep you don't need days to recover like bodybuilders you will have lower capacity that way the body adapts in time no matter what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:09 am

A few months without carbs at all? Wow man, I admire your dedication ... But what about peanut butter, you seem to love it, you are gonna consume any for a few months?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:42 am

Also, with decreased carbs, there is a slight decrease in recovery (at least they say there is) so do you still do FULLBODY workouts daily? Or do you split it up? Since I know you Deadlift and squat alot (both work the entire body) and follow it by calisthenics the following day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ.

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:54 am

Loo, you make your PB? how do you do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/amadeuandrade
flesmis

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:31 pm

ironloo, in the very first weeks you will be sure loosing weight by shock, but I´m afraid then you will be losing your strength and muscle. You have done leangains several times in the past and you know that carb cycling is very very important part of it. In my opinion there´s no way to strenghten yourself without carbs. When I was in cut, my workout results was moving forward very slowly.. i change it to recomp after month.
I´m very interested in your results in next weeks.. because you surely think a lot about how to do it succesfully. Hope you will lose that amount of FAT as soon as possible and then quit that approach.

I´m doing standard recomp (-20/+20) for about three months and having good results, lose maybe 3 (estimate) % bf to somewhere around 8 and maintain my 80 kg, so amount of muscle definitely increased hand in hand with strength gains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:48 pm

But wouldnt no carbs lower fat by a lot? And then in like a month or so go back to carbs? Would strength and muscle loss be so immediate, in just one month?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:33 pm

flesmis yea this is a permanent diet only a boost too keep me at around 170 instead of 185 i will be much stronger at that weight and thn do bbr's i don't need the 15lbs. weight vest for bbr's lol. I wont lose strength i am on 30grams bcaa daily, maca root, supportive herbs while in this state, no cardio cardio in this state is no good for strength instead heavy deadlift 405 high reps to keep hormones elevated and 6,000squats per week w/vest too enhance strength. My mentality won't let me get weak i won't allow it.

Boyka i buy homemade pb cheap i don't make it.

3Dip Max no bananas and only 2tbsp pb a day it will drive me mental. I workout everyday calis deadlift twice per week and 4-5 squat sessions no cardio on the cut i won't need it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   

Back to top Go down

New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next