Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fi

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:52 am

K4lisPeluru wrote:
Fi, enlighten me more on the peanut butter. how does it benefit you and when do you take it?

It tastes damn good and I eat it when I'm hungry! Razz

I got onto it because I lost quite a lot of weight very quickly and needed to put some on again in a reasonably healthy way. Although it has protein and some good fat, there are other healthier fats you could be eating. Really it's the taste that does it for me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
MrPositive

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:57 am

I know a lot of the guys on simplyshredded.com eat peanut butter Smile
I had a link here to one of the guys diets but I can't post links for 7 days it says. Sad Just go to the site and see how ripped these freaks are and they love peanut butter....in moderation of course. And the natural or organic variety if possible of course.
simplyshredded.com/aesthetic-overload-adam-charlton-talks-with-simplyshredded-com.html

I could go through the benefits but I'll just let this article I've had stored for awhile explain it. Smile Fiber and good fats that kill off bad fats being the cliff notes version.
Again, can't post the link. Ok, I can now Smile
prevention.com/food/smart-shopping/healthy-eating-why-peanut-butter-good-you

Flaxseed Oil is probably even better 'good' fat oils but it tastes like liquid cardboard. I'm sticking to peanut butter. haha
p.s. Just take out www and I can post the link. Sorry admins. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:37 am

Oh good article - thanks. I think the no-link-posting thing is to stop spammers signing up and shilling v14gra etc.

I try and eat pretty low carb, so need to get energy from somewhere. That's why I lost loads of weight - was eating high protein, low carb but low fat too. I realised I wasn't getting enough energy and started adding in more fats, which worked out well. Peanut butter is cheap and tasty. Also eat avocado, fish, coconut etc. to try and get a mix of all the types of fat.
Back to top Go down
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Since my summer has started, I thought I might give leangains another try...since many of you guys have tried it before, could you please let me know if the following plan would work?

morning cardio (light Incline walking with a weighted vest)

Early Evening workout (one day light calisthenics, one day harder)

First meal
-Break fast with oatmeal and peanut butter/ rice and meat (on heavy days)
-Break fast with meat and veggies (on light days)
Second meal
-veggies and meat or rarely some form of carbs (carbs on heavy days only)

Late night jog (2 km)

Also would coffee before my workout be beneficial

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:43 pm

3Dip Max wrote:

Also would coffee before my workout be beneficial

I don't do LG so can't answer the rest of your post, but yes to this - there is lots of evidence to suggest that coffee before workouts boosts fat burning. Just don't add milk or sugar.
Back to top Go down
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Cool thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vibe95

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:45 pm

how u guys eat the peanut butter?
u just scoop it out of the jar and eat or u mix it with stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:47 am

Yup, or spread it on things like apple slices. You can also make some nice Asian-inspired salad dressings with it, by adding stuff like lime juice and chilli.

Some ore info on PB here
Back to top Go down
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:49 am

3Dip Max, i mix up random stuff sometimes before workout. A good one is black coffee,maca root,bcaa,cinnamon, taste is a little rough but good for the workout so i don't care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:07 am

Thanks Ironloo...So coffee will work ...And after your workout? What do you eat? Like high carb and for you second meal and third, etc....because I took some ideas from your plan for my workout, focusing on reps (endurance) on M,W,F and static holds (strength) on T-Th-Sa ....sO what would you recommend I follow for my meal plan?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:19 pm

All depends, i do lean gains all the time regardless if i want to get bigger or leaner.

Coffee before hand is great for a little energy. raise metabolism, and sweat more during the workout.

Goal is to get leaner = have no food before the workout take 10grams of bcaa and coffee then workout, Say u eat 3 meals per day the only meal with carbs is post workout. Now depending on how hard i workout my post workout meal is huge if i trained for hours at full intensity, i eat something like this,2-4 sweet potatoes,1lb. peanutbutter, 100 grams protein shake, endless bananas, almond milk,fruit,veggies i keep eating and don't get full. Then the other meals are just lean protein/veggies.Either way i eat for 8hrs. and fast for 16hrs. daily now. Most people can't eat as much as me so just eat more postworkout and keep your other meals boring protein/veggies.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Eating a lot isn't a problem for me, that's why I'm trying leangains, as my real problem lies with putting food down and stopping to eat:p...the only reason leangains wouldn't work for me is because of my schedule but now with the holidays I have a free schedule ....but since I'm trying to lean down by a lot I guess I'm gonna still be restricting by a bit... So should I eat carbs post workout everyday? Or only on days when I'm training for strength (reps) or only when on days when I'm training for strength (static holds)... Another question, if I'm having coffee is it counted to my feeding phase or my fasting phase?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:52 pm

drink coffee black is not counted towards the feeding phase, eat carbs post workout everday only after you train.If you don't train no carbs then just lots of veggies and protein.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:04 pm

So I eat carb post workout at least 6 times a week? Even though imteying to lose weight?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:36 pm

yup but only post workout, the rest lean protein and green non starchy veggies like kale and broccoli are great, green peas are starchy.Eat as much leafy greens as u want with lean protein like turkey,fish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Thanks a million Ironloo .... Don't know where I would be without your advice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:56 pm

No prob man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:58 pm

dont listen to ironloo! he aint on leangains.. he is on MAX gains!! he eats human meat etc.. he just doesnt want to give his secrets away! What a Face clown

just out of curiosity since i am IF too, like ironloo. u got 8 hour eating window?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Lol .... My eating window is a little late, since I'm on summer break and I have a lot more time...it's starts at around 5 and ends around midnight, so I can even enjoy a meal when I'm out late with friends
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:31 pm

What about you? And do you train like 3 times a week or more? If more, how do you balance out your high carb and low carb days? Or do you do as ironloo suggests and eat carbs post workout after every workout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:40 pm

i workout everyday.

umm.. test what works for u and do that. also for nutrition. i have a 5-8 hour eating window each day. in this window i get all i need to either get bigger or smaller or stay the same. build muscle and lose fat at the same time Wink lol

i eat healthy.

i just get in the carbs i need during my eating window, i dont worry much about when in this window. i ALWAYS work out fasted and then start eating. lots of time i work out on empty stomach and even after the workout dont eat for another 1-2 hours. never had problems losing weight or adding muscle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:00 am

Do you take BCAAs before your workout? Because I just have plain coffee, and I was wondering whether that was ok
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:07 am

3Dip Max wrote:
Do you take BCAAs before your workout? Because I just have plain coffee, and I was wondering whether that was ok

If you're following the LeanGains protocol, you should consume 10g BCAA before your workout, if you're working out fasted.

Regarding carbs, the reason that people talk about eating them PWO is because that's when the body is most receptive to them. Your muscles have lost glycogen which needs to be replenished in order for them to build and recover. You have an hours window after training in which to consume a decent (50g+) amount of carbs and some protein.
Back to top Go down
3Dip Max

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:20 am

So BCAA's can't be not taken? And if Im jUst doing some core work, do I need a lot of carbs still? Or are just vegetables an something like paleo at the time ok?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:33 am

It's all covered here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet   

Back to top Go down

New to the bar, trying to lose fat diet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next