Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Cardio related question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
knurja

PostSubject: Cardio related question   Tue May 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Hey guys,

1 year ago (was 15 years old) I was pretty fat - 168cm/72kg. After hard work (jogging) and from about 6 months of bar workout I've lost almost 11kg.
Most depressing fact is that, I've got a 6pack (4pack visible only...) but its under a layer of fat. It's not like im still that fat, my body changed dramatically, and I look (in fact, I am) 3 times thiner than I was supposed to be before.

I wanted to ask you guys about the best, most exhausting, most killing cardio workout that have you ever heard or tried. I'm not afraid of freakin hard work, I think I've already realized what is that before.
I really wanna change my body, I cant get rid of that fat leavings!!

I workout 3 times a week, and play football twice a week. Idk if i can handle jogging anymore, because my knees are quite shitty. I've been doing Barstarzz cardio routine which consists of 20sec mountain climbers, 20sec burpees, 20sec pushups/3-6 sets

Im really looking forward to your replies. Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Cardio related question   Tue May 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Change your diet ;-)

Odds are it's your diet more than your work out that's letting you down for the last little bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knurja

PostSubject: Re: Cardio related question   Tue May 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Thanks for your reply bro.

I've thought my diet is correct: ive replaced sweets with fruits, no sweet drinks, ~1l of water per day, lots of vegetables, im trying to not eat fats.

maybe its because I sleep 2-3 hours per day or im not eating regularly? Everyday im gettin to school to city and it takes time. I can't eat at same time every single day.

Is that mine Achilles' heel?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holden

PostSubject: Re: Cardio related question   Tue May 22, 2012 5:18 pm

OMG dude, sleeping 2-3 hours per day is sick! You need to sleep 7-8h at least (I sleep 8-10h).

Your body and your brain need to rest, and the brain rest when you sleep. Increase that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digit

PostSubject: Re: Cardio related question   Wed May 23, 2012 7:04 am

Avoid using the same food plan . Even in diet u can hit a hit platue. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freerunner

PostSubject: Re: Cardio related question   Wed May 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Although fat is high-calorie, it is good for you, so you might not want to avoid fats. Just get 'em from meat and dairy instead of honey buns.

For a really good cardio workout, if you have some time on your hands, try the Spartan Death Run.

1 mile run (as fast as you can)
100 pushups (in as few sets as possible)
100 situps (in as few sets as possible)
1 mile run
75 pushups
75 situps
1 mile run
50 pushups
50 situps

I haven't actually tried this one yet, but it looks like a killer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nutterbutter

PostSubject: Re: Cardio related question   Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 am

2-3 hours of sleep!Shocked I'll never complain about 7 again lol. The hardest workout I've ever done is 40 burpee pull-ups in 5 minutes. You do a burpee (with the pushup!) and when you jump up, you jump up and do a pull-up. I seriously used to be scared of these things. I would just lay there in bed the night before not wanting to fall asleep because I knew I was that much closer to having to do them.(Which is why I've laid off of conditioning for a while. Very Happy) Good luck, and I apologize for the excruciating lung pain!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Cardio related question   Thu May 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Sleep and lots of protein (less carbs) should help you to shed the last bit of fat. If you can bare to eat "normal" food for breakfast (i.e. grilled meat and steamed vegetables) then do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cardio related question   

Back to top Go down

Cardio related question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1