Elite Bodyweight Training
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Decrease Rest......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Digit

avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-11-14
Age : 29
Location : Athens

PostSubject: Decrease Rest......   Tue May 22, 2012 8:02 am

I did yesterday a pull up Pyramid set :
Normal Grip : 1-2-3-4-5-6-5-4-3-2-1
Close Gripe Chins :1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1
Close Gripe Pull-Ups : 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1
Commando : 2-4-6-8-6-4-2

Dips: 2-4-6-8-10-12-10-8-6-4-2
Wide Dips :2-4-6-8-10-12-10-8-6-4-2
Normal and Diamond Push ups the same rep scene like Dips. All with 30 sec rest.
Do u think it is better to decrease rest time to improve ?
What else do u think i should do to improve the reps with Pyramid sets?
Cheers !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

avatar

Posts : 678
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 27
Location : MALAYSIA

PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   Tue May 22, 2012 8:54 am

based on my experience and what works for me, i like to do pyramids as well. for example i do 2-4-6 of pullups one shot with probably only 3-5 secs each set, then only rest. and i take my time when resting, so that i make sure every rep that i do counts. what made me improve is that i track today's progress, and simply go slightly extra harder (more reps or better quality or both) the next time i train. you can check my training log to understand better, its quite simple.

in your case, if your highest pyramid is 6 today, aim for 7 or 8 next time. hope that helps. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Tim

avatar

Posts : 856
Join date : 2010-10-13
Age : 31
Location : Loughborough, UK

PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   Tue May 22, 2012 9:17 am

decreasing rest is a good plan... eventually you could get to the point of doing a 1-5-1 pyramid with a 2-5 sec dead hang after each stage rather than coming of the bar. (Or say an L-sit for dips)

Elsewise as zeMrCEO says, try increasing the reps. start by pushing up from the bottom so a 1-5-1 set becomes a 2-6-2 and then push the next stage up by 1 (2-4-56765-4-2) with the aim of getting to 2-10-2 using just even numbers.

You could do this again with going to multiples of 3, (3-6-9-12-15-12-9-6-3) or 4, 5 etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

avatar

Posts : 678
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 27
Location : MALAYSIA

PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   Tue May 22, 2012 10:54 am

Tim wrote:
decreasing rest is a good plan... eventually you could get to the point of doing a 1-5-1 pyramid with a 2-5 sec dead hang after each stage rather than coming of the bar. (Or say an L-sit for dips)

Elsewise as zeMrCEO says, try increasing the reps. start by pushing up from the bottom so a 1-5-1 set becomes a 2-6-2 and then push the next stage up by 1 (2-4-56765-4-2) with the aim of getting to 2-10-2 using just even numbers.

You could do this again with going to multiples of 3, (3-6-9-12-15-12-9-6-3) or 4, 5 etc

+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Digit

avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-11-14
Age : 29
Location : Athens

PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   Wed May 23, 2012 6:56 am

Thnx for the great help dudes! zeMrCEO I will check your blog mate and see your pyramid progress Something else i want to ask .... Am planning of doing the pyramid on Mon High Volume on Wen and Pyramid set again on Fri. Should i keep the Pyramid style the whole week ? Train Hard !!! : D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

avatar

Posts : 678
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 27
Location : MALAYSIA

PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   Wed May 23, 2012 8:03 am

you can switch it up. i like to do pyramids one day and max reps in a set the other. whatever my body feels like it.

for example
30 dips 20 pullups 40 pushups x 4 sets

every set, i would try to max out with the best form as possible, if i feel i lose out halfway, i will stop and rest (and i take my time, i could rest up to 5 mins between sets), and then finish the remaining.
so it could go something like

first set = 30 dips - rest - 20 pullups - rest - 40 pushups - rest
second set = 20 dips - rest - 10 dips - rest - 10 pullups - rest - 10 pullups - rest - 20 pushups - rest - 20 pushups

and so on. then i will track my progress, next time i try to do it, my second set reps should be higher (your first set of max clean reps is always your benchmark, always go above, never below unless u focus more on ROM/slow tempo)

somehow i find the resting period, either long or short doesnt really matter as long you get the sets done. im no expert but just sharing what works for me. hope it helps. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Digit

avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-11-14
Age : 29
Location : Athens

PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   Wed May 23, 2012 8:35 am

Damn this looks nice . So in the second set u just split the max of Dips Pulls Push and so on third and fourth. AM gonna try this. 4 weeks ago i did Pulls Dips Push Ups all max , rest only when i finish the cycle and did this for 6-7 times on Mon . Saw from LitleBeastM video. Wens Pulls max 10 sets 30 sec rest, same with Dips and push ups and on Fri i did Dawalis drops set. Did this routine for 4 weeks and saw great endurance gains. Am gonna add your routine on Fri instead of Pyramid again. Thnx mate !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

avatar

Posts : 678
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 27
Location : MALAYSIA

PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   Wed May 23, 2012 8:57 am

Digit wrote:
Damn this looks nice . So in the second set u just split the max of Dips Pulls Push and so on third and fourth. AM gonna try this. 4 weeks ago i did Pulls Dips Push Ups all max , rest only when i finish the cycle and did this for 6-7 times on Mon . Saw from LitleBeastM video. Wens Pulls max 10 sets 30 sec rest, same with Dips and push ups and on Fri i did Dawalis drops set. Did this routine for 4 weeks and saw great endurance gains. Am gonna add your routine on Fri instead of Pyramid again. Thnx mate !!!

i have to credit Sai (one of UK latest bar-barian) for the 30 20 40 routine. got it from his training log. in the second set onwards, you have a choice to split or go for another clean straight set like your first one, just make sure your last rep is like your first one (good ROM all the way). i am implementing some of his routine because my goal atm is to complete the BBR.

anyways, great to hear progress bro, you should record your training inside the forum's training log. all the best. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Tim

avatar

Posts : 856
Join date : 2010-10-13
Age : 31
Location : Loughborough, UK

PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   Wed May 23, 2012 9:05 am

Looks remarkably similar to one that Jay got me and Sai to do last october Wink

That just had 5 Muscle-ups at the start as well, and repeated 5 times (so 25 M-ups, 150 Dips, 100 Pulls, 200 Press-ups

The aim is to do all sets without taking breaks part way through. So you might do 5/30/20/40 the first time, 5/25-5/20/40 the second, 3-2/20-10/15-5/40 the third, 2-2-1/15-10-5/10-8-2/30-10 the forth, etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

avatar

Posts : 678
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 27
Location : MALAYSIA

PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   Wed May 23, 2012 9:06 am

Tim wrote:
Looks remarkably similar to one that Jay got me and Sai to do last october Wink

That just had 5 Muscle-ups at the start as well, and repeated 5 times (so 25 M-ups, 150 Dips, 100 Pulls, 200 Press-ups

The aim is to do all sets without taking breaks part way through. So you might do 5/30/20/40 the first time, 5/25-5/20/40 the second, 3-2/20-10/15-5/40 the third, 2-2-1/15-10-5/10-8-2/30-10 the forth, etc

+100

yeap. i got it from Sai's training log Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Digit

avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-11-14
Age : 29
Location : Athens

PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   Wed May 23, 2012 9:32 am

Damn these MUs. I can only do some sternum pulls : ( but i dont give up i started from zero. Am writting my progress on paper because i left from the city and came to the village to help my grandpa/ma and i dont have internet access all the time . Am a shepherd now O_o ! Log its good for opinions indeed and fresh members like me XD . Time to hit the BaRs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

avatar

Posts : 678
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 27
Location : MALAYSIA

PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   Wed May 23, 2012 10:47 am

@digit - dont give up bro. if you could do 10 good sternum pullups and 10 dips straight, you got the strength. only left is technique. look up for tutorials on youtube and keep trying!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Decrease Rest......   

Back to top Go down
 
Decrease Rest......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Rest Bay Wind Meter
» REST IN PEACE SPECIAL OPS AND NAVY SEALS
» Utopia Back rest
» Driver Foot Rest is a POS
» Honda Silverwing butt rest to Backrest Conversion Kits Available

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Training :: Training Routines-
Jump to: