Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pavels EKB Steps for bodyweight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
npiv

PostSubject: Pavels EKB Steps for bodyweight   Mon May 21, 2012 6:02 pm

In Enter The Kettlebell, Pavel suggests using a steps set technique.

Basically you do 1 rep, followed by a tiny break then 2 reps, tiny break, then 3 and so on up to 5.

I really like this progression for kettlebell exercises. Initially if you can't make it up to 5, you call it quits, but the idea is to eventually get up to

5x(1,2,3,4,5) for a grand total of 75 reps, at which point it's time to move on to a heavier weight.

Due to no access to a kettlebell, I've recently started coach wade's Convict Conditioning, which is really well laid out, but it starts you off pretty easy, and also suggests only 2 workouts a week Sad It does however have great variations on the big six bodyweight exercises to get up to 'master' level, one armed pushups, hand stand pushups, pistol squats, etc...

My question is, I'd like to continue down the path of CC, but up the ante a little bit.

I can currently squeeze out 3-4 one armed pushups, and would like to apply Pavel's steps 5x(1,2,3,4,5) to them. Similarly for the one legged squat and the other intense body weight exercises.

I've been lurking here for a while, and would love some input as to if this is a bad/good idea.

Note: I'm not suggesting that I will try 75 one armed pushups, but I would start with something like 3x(1,2,3) and work up from there. Which is still a lot more than the 2x3 beginner workout suggested by Coach Wade
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pavels EKB Steps for bodyweight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1