Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Leg Training and Stregth Gain Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PullUpImpulse

PostSubject: Leg Training and Stregth Gain Question   Fri May 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Hello,

What are your experiences with leg training during the off days and it's effect about gaining upper body stregth?

What is your deffination of leg training? Do you think that riding a bicycle for half an hour would be an enough leg training or I must understand that a leg training consists of squats, jumping squats, shrimps, etc...?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Leg Training and Stregth Gain Question   Fri May 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Me personally i don't count a run, or bike as a leg workout unless i do uphill runs, 1,000 steps, or when i ride my bike with uphill cranks on then i consider those as leg workouts. I train bodyweight squats/lunges 4xs a week, 1 session no weight, 1 session light vest, 1 session heavy vest, 1 session heavy vest 1 heavy dumbell 1,000-1,500 reps per workout 4,000 minimum a week and occasionally heavy dead-lifts. The harder you train your legs/core the stronger you will be as a whole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PullUpImpulse

PostSubject: Re: Leg Training and Stregth Gain Question   Fri May 11, 2012 6:56 pm

I see. So I need to increase the intensity at my leg trainings and core trainings.

I currently train for the handstand. what do you think about this? Would this increase the overall stregth?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nguyenquanghung

PostSubject: Re: Leg Training and Stregth Gain Question   Sat May 12, 2012 11:49 am

PullUpImpulse wrote:
I see. So I need to increase the intensity at my leg trainings and core trainings.

I currently train for the handstand. what do you think about this? Would this increase the overall stregth?

Thank you.
yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Leg Training and Stregth Gain Question   Sat May 12, 2012 10:10 pm

If you're looking for massive leg strength gains, then I would say only two words: pistol squats. Seriously, they are awesome. In combination with running (mostly uphill intervals) they have made my legs really strong. Also, they're actually kind of fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
PullUpImpulse

PostSubject: Re: Leg Training and Stregth Gain Question   Mon May 14, 2012 5:38 pm

I see. I mix in pistol squats once in a great while. But if you say so, I would include them much more often Phin. Thanks for the add in. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leg Training and Stregth Gain Question   

Back to top Go down

Leg Training and Stregth Gain Question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1