Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Punched in the face by Hand Stand Push Ups?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
a_shaw

PostSubject: Punched in the face by Hand Stand Push Ups?!   Mon May 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Hey All,

So first day of calisthenics work out and first time properly trying HSPU. Did 3 sets of 8. Not all the way down, not quite that strong yet, but still did 'em as well as I could! Anyways, after my workout, I looked at my face and I've got popped blood vessels around the eyes!? What's up with that? I'm in good health, I've been inverted before! 3 years ago I did a play where the one scene I was in required me to hang up side down for 25 minutes, never saw this before. Any idea what's going on or why? Even better, how to make it not happen and make it go away? I really want to keep on this whole calisthenics gig when I'm away from the gym, and HSPU seem to really hit my shoulders nicely!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kossminn

PostSubject: Re: Punched in the face by Hand Stand Push Ups?!   Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm assuming your problem comes from pushing while holding your breath (adding to the fact that you're upside down). How do you breath when doing HSPU's?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Punched in the face by Hand Stand Push Ups?!   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:53 pm

kossminn wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm assuming your problem comes from pushing while holding your breath (adding to the fact that you're upside down). How do you breath when doing HSPU's?

This is the first thing that came to my mind too. If you're holding your breath and straining then you could definitely pop blood vessels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
loganchristopher

PostSubject: Re: Punched in the face by Hand Stand Push Ups?!   Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:18 am

Definitely don't hold your breath when doing HSPU because the extra intra abdominal pressure along with higher blood pressure will surely pop your veins.

Myself, did that in the beginning and I haven't got the pooped veines but I guess that It all depends on the body. So breath !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lostartofhandbalancing.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Punched in the face by Hand Stand Push Ups?!   

Back to top Go down

Punched in the face by Hand Stand Push Ups?!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1