Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Postworkout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ironloo

PostSubject: Postworkout   Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:11 am

A typical breakfast after fasted morning training. I train till almost failure some days so days like this its extra big.

1lb.PB, 1 banana, 1 sweet potato, 75grams protein shake. I can live off just these foods.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OddBall

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:43 am

What protein do you use?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:57 am

I always use sunwarrior protein, but last month i been using iso 100% whey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:02 pm

hey loo. im on LG as well. right now my goal is to be a bar-barian. do you think you could spare some tips on the diet while doing high reps of training to achieve this goal? because in LG, the author recommends to do low reps but what we do is the complete opposite. i was wondering if there's anything that could help reach my goal. thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:13 pm

This is my schedule.

4:00a.m.-5:00a.m. fasted training = i take 10grams. bcaa to prevent muscle loss
+
7:30a.m. Post workout meal largest and only meal with carbs = around 1lb.more or less depending peanut butter,a few sweet potatoes, 1-2 bananas, 75gm. protein shake in almond milk,blueberries,papaya,maca root. That's breakfast and the start of the 8hr. feeding phase.
+
Training,working all day,drinking water.coffee
+
11:00a.m.-12:00p.m. - 1 can mackeral,spinach,green tea
+
training,working all day, drinking water/tea
+
3:30-4:00p.m. - Last meal of the day- Dinner = Huge portion seafood, light nutritious veggie like kale w.daikon.
+
The hardest part of the day not eating for 14-16hrs. then wake up repeat.

On sundays i eat huge all day every 2hrs massive meals to regenerate , usually go in a coma hibernation state and have a beastly workout on monday.

Not many can eat the amount i eat but between my training,and job i destroy calories. That's my schedule everyone is different and has different goals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:26 pm

thanks for the tips bro. appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
360wonder

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:05 pm

damn you eat that pb raw? lol! it would make my mouth hella sticky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Haha yup but the protein shake helps. Sometimes just water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ.

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:39 am

Hey Loo, how many kcals (+-) you have each day?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/amadeuandrade
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:10 pm

boyka I dont know or care anymore i eat a good 10lb. meal every day pretty much 1 meal a day massive then go to sleep.

I have one protein shake with maca in morning no carbs, lunch bcaa pre workout with tea, train till i cant move been doing hiit weighted with 40lb.s vest , then a huge postworkout meal = i eat 3 sweet potatoes, 1lb. peanutbutter, 1 container of almond milk, 3-4 bananas, 1 huge portion adzuki beans mixed with bokchoy, 1 apple, 1 cup of oats i eat this close to bed time then pass out in coma i sometimes eat double this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ.

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:37 pm

ironloo wrote:
boyka I dont know or care anymore i eat a good 10lb. meal every day pretty much 1 meal a day massive then go to sleep.

I have one protein shake with maca in morning no carbs, lunch bcaa pre workout with tea, train till i cant move been doing hiit weighted with 40lb.s vest , then a huge postworkout meal = i eat 3 sweet potatoes, 1lb. peanutbutter, 1 container of almond milk, 3-4 bananas, 1 huge portion adzuki beans mixed with bokchoy, 1 apple, 1 cup of oats i eat this close to bed time then pass out in coma i sometimes eat double this.

Impressive!! Very Happy
Next week I start with the leangains.
Back to top Go down
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:56 pm

ironloo wrote:

Lou - dumb question, but are you vegetarian? I just realised that most people who train as hard as you would be eating half a cow of an evening, but you just have peanut butter, beans, almond milk and protein shakes.

Also, do you think BCAA's are worth it for people who don't follow leangains? Just to boost recovery? Have been thinking about getting some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:55 am

Phin i only eat fish nothing else no red meat, chicken, pork, milk i feel healthier this way. You should def get the BCAA from optimum nutrition unflavored and if you dont like to eat before training take 10grams 20mins. before workout and 10 grams after the workout you will recover quicker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimsiff

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Lou, you've got a beastly daily schedule. I'd be run into the ground at your activity level in oh... a day or MAYBE two. How much sleep do you get each day to maintain such a workload?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:15 am

Haha Jim i am no longer in the lumberyard so my day is not as severe as before but i make up for it by using the extra energy to train harder.I sleep 4 hrs. sometimes 6 or 7hrs,. days off i get as much as possible once a week i will pass out on the floor and not wake up lol. I train no matter what sick,tired, rarely if i get a hangover i still go,no sleep it doesn't matter all mentality unless im badly injured or physically cant move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:16 pm

ironloo wrote:
Phin i only eat fish nothing else no red meat, chicken, pork, milk i feel healthier this way. You should def get the BCAA from optimum nutrition unflavored and if you dont like to eat before training take 10grams 20mins. before workout and 10 grams after the workout you will recover quicker.

Thanks Lou. I've just ordered some from the place I get my protein -
MyProtein.com (not sure if it's in the US, but their products and service are excellent). They've just brought out a soluble powder so will hopefully mix ok for drinking before and after training.

Sounds like you've got your diet pretty sorted, although I have no idea how you survive on so little sleep when you train so hard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Nice Phin let me know how it works out for you if you feel the difference. My mentality i think lets me keep training, i just dont care
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ.

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Hey Loo, another question.

You train every day right? So high carbs everyday?

I have days with two workouts (calisthenics by the morning and kickboxing in the late afternoon), how should I split the carbs that day?

Razz
Back to top Go down
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:47 pm

I train everyday, high carbs only after workout i been eating 1 meal a day but its probably what most people would eat in 3 days calorie wise.
For you eat no carbs all day with only carbs for the postworkout meal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ.

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:57 pm

ironloo wrote:
I train everyday, high carbs only after workout i been eating 1 meal a day but its probably what most people would eat in 3 days calorie wise.
For you eat no carbs all day with only carbs for the postworkout meal.

But after the calisthenics or kickboxing?
Back to top Go down
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Drink bcaa w/water no food if its early in the morning, if you dont have bcaa water tuna/spinach no carbs later on workout then eat everything in sight after.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ.

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:53 pm

ironloo wrote:
Drink bcaa w/water no food if its early in the morning, if you dont have bcaa water tuna/spinach no carbs later on workout then eat everything in sight after.

I'm really grateful Cool
Back to top Go down
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:38 am

No prob this diet is tough but will get you extra lean real fast. You adjust the times according to how your day goes , but make sure to eat for 8hrs. then 16hrs. of fasting daily, and make sure to train in the fasted state thats key, also get the bcaas pre-workout.

Example Diet:

5:30 a.m 10 grams BCAA's
+
6:00a.m your kickboxing training
+
7:00a.m. First meal = something very light High protein shake, or tuna w/veggies.
+
10:00a.m. Chicken/ veggies
+
1:00p.m. Your calisthenics routine
+
3:00p.m. Post workout meal = The only meal with carbs.

Something like this huge portion of turkey, a few sweet potatoes, lots of veggiesmixed nuts, fruit, cook with oils like olive,canola , coconut. Eat a lot but eat healthy in this meal.

The hardest part for me is not eating from 3:00p.m. on Do this for a month you will see a huge difference. Again goodluck train hard!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ.

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:56 pm

I already bought BCAA's.
Now is eat clean and train! Cool
Back to top Go down
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:43 pm

That's it man! die in training, eat clean, fight hunger for 16hrs. daily, sleep well, repeat. Im back on it myself starting today. I weighed in at 188lbs morning weight lol could def go to 172-175 easy on this diet. Again Goodluck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Postworkout   

Back to top Go down

Postworkout
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: