Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Freerunner's CC Training Log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
freerunner

PostSubject: Freerunner's CC Training Log   Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Okay, my doctor told me I had to stop weightlifting, or at least any exercises not done lying down or on a maching (read: nothing useful), so I'm gonna start doing an all-bodyweight plan.

This is gonna be hard. I've been neglecting my bodyweight stuff since I started the weights this year.

I'm starting Convict Conditioning from the beginning. I know I'm strong enough for a lot of the stuff already, but Wade really stresses starting with the first steps, and it'll probably help me keep from stalling

Yesterday's workout:

Wall pushups 50, 50, 50
Knee tucks 40, 40,40

I met the progression standard (suprise, suprise), so I'll go up to the next steps next time I do workout A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freerunner

PostSubject: Re: Freerunner's CC Training Log   Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Okay, Friday's workout:

Vertical pulls: 50, 50, 50
Full squats: 30, 30, 30

I met both the progression standards...

the first few steps on the squat progression were so ridiculously easy I started at step 5. Sue me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: Freerunner's CC Training Log   Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Freerunner's CC Training Log   Tue May 29, 2012 3:49 pm

do you still follow cc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freerunner

PostSubject: Re: Freerunner's CC Training Log   Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:35 pm

blue hefner wrote:
do you still follow cc?

Yes, I'm still doing CC. Sorry I haven't updated this in so long, I've just been insanely busy. I'm making pretty good progress on the program.

Going through the baby steps has seriously improved my form (going from "okay" to "really, really good"). Using perfect form, as well as following the two seconds down, one second pause, two seconds up pace, has drastically reduced the number of pushups and pullups I can do.

The only issue I'm having so far is the squat progression. I can do many more close squats than the progression requires, but I cannot even come close to doing an uneven squat.

I'm looking into alternate progressions for pistols. I'll post if I find anything good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Segare

PostSubject: Re: Freerunner's CC Training Log   Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:07 am

freerunner wrote:

the first few steps on the squat progression were so ridiculously easy I started at step 5. Sue me.
freerunner wrote:

The only issue I'm having so far is the squat progression. I can do many more close squats than the progression requires, but I cannot even come close to doing an uneven squat.

Did you start from step 5 on the squats?
Maybe that is why the next progression is so hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.best-hypnosis.com
freerunner

PostSubject: Re: Freerunner's CC Training Log   Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Allright, here's the update.

I've been following CC, and I've reached two of the master steps, pistol squats and hanging leg raises. I've also managed a feet wide one-arm pushup, but still not the prison pushup.

The reason I had trouble with the uneven squats was that I was doing them wrong. The pictures are misleading, and I had to read the description rather carefully to figure it out. You should do it with BOTH lengs bending, not one leg out front. It's comparable to uneven pushups vs. lever pushups.

I'm now taking a temporary break from CC to focus on achieving the bar-barians requirements. Of course, "temporary" might mean a few months...

Which is?

A legend, Mister Wayne.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freerunner's CC Training Log   

Back to top Go down

Freerunner's CC Training Log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1