Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tricep/Elbow Pain Advice Please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cowabungadude

PostSubject: Tricep/Elbow Pain Advice Please   Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:01 pm

So I think I have tendonitis of the tricep, because right where my tricep inserts to the outside of my elbow is tender when I press against it, on both elbows.

Pushing exercises seem to flare it up, I've mostly been doing a push up/shoulder press workout once a week that causes some pain, so I rest until the pain kind of subsides, but the pain always returns when I return to training, this has prevented me from making any gains for the past year and a half. This has been happening for 1.5 years. Pain comes, I rest, return to training, it comes back. Repeat.

For the most part, the pain comes AFTER the training, anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour the pain will slowly build.

It's not a terrible pain that prevents me from picking things up or gripping anything. The pain is a lingering achy feeling, and there are some exercises that cause me discomfort such as various tricep extensions, which I don't do because the exercise itself feels discomforting, but the onset is mostly after training.

Would resting for a month, only applying ice and heat 2-3 times a day, not doing any upper body exercise do me any type of good?

Or should I go see a PT? Because I saw a physical therapist a long time ago, and I was misdiagnosed, and it was pretty much a waste of 6 weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tricep/Elbow Pain Advice Please
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1