Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My routine (looking for a change soon...)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Holden

PostSubject: My routine (looking for a change soon...)   Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:20 am

Here is my current routine, but I want to change because I think my progress has stopped a bit:

Monday, pull day:

13-10-8-6-4-2 pull ups
6 close grip pull ups, 6 wide pull ups, 5 close grip pull ups, 5 wide pull ups.

More or less 65 pull ups.

3x6 chin ups. (not big number I guess, but really tired at this point)

3x25 abs

3x1min planks

Wednesday, chest and legs:

30-25-20 normal push ups
3x18 incline
3x18 decline
20 normal push ups

Total: 200 more or less

Calves, squats, and isometric training for legs. (also ride a bike everyday to go to the University)

3x1min planks, and leg raises 3x12

Friday (it's Friday, Friday...), triceps:

3x15 triceps extensions
18-18-15 diamond push ups
3x20 triceps dips, horizontal legs , no parallels where I train Sad
3x12 horizontal dips

3x abs
3x1min planks

Saturday, mix, conditioning for new moves. In my city:

Explosive pull ups,
20, 15, 15 dips on parallels Smile
Some abs, planks
And trying new moves like MU or L-sit, technique.

I also train L-sits during the week, but not after training. I can stand for 10s more or less.

Criticism is welcome!

I'm thinking on training the Hand Stand, some wall HSPU, and then HSPU soon. And add explosive moves like push ups too.

And in two months I'm going to do some workout like Tabata to burn fats because I gain 4.5kgs sine October but I need to lean a bite. I gain mass but my abs are covered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: My routine (looking for a change soon...)   Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:49 am

Me personally instead of working different muscles one day to the next i would do this.

Monday = Calisthenics basics/ high volume instead of your usual 3 sets do 9sets per exercise to build capacity: pull ups,dips,push ups, rows,core.

Tuesday = Legs high volume/ ex:20sets ox 25 bodyweight squats high reps.

Wednesday = Calisthenics/ basics strength and statics: mixed in maybe a light vest too. Pullups, dips, push ups , rows, core.

Thursday = Legs strength/power: add weight to your squats and do heavy dead lifts.

Friday = Sprints then after you are warmed up train for a certain move you want to learn.

Saturday = Rest or train motions and skill for a certain move you want to learn.

Sunday = Rest or train motions and skill for a certain move you want to learn.

This way to me will build your endurance from working the basics weekly, strength because of the mix in intensity with the basics weekly, power from the dead lifts/squats/sprints, and skill from learning a new move while having enough time to recover.

Things i add is at the end of your workouts train the core very hard if your doing high volume for basics do your core in high volume too, if its strength day then compliment it with strength for your core like l-sits,planks all angles and variations, and weighted with ankle weights if you can. Train your legs very hard if not harder than everything else because they are stronger than your upper body this will help you become more powerful as a whole rather than just strong triceps see. Hope this helps some Goodluck train hard and smart!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holden

PostSubject: Re: My routine (looking for a change soon...)   Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:52 am

Yeah many thanks for the reply!

That's a really complete routine and It's worth a try for sure Very Happy

High volume is like density? Big number of low reps?

Yesterday I train triceps but not as I said on my routine, I test density training and was awesome. I do 24 sets of my 25% max dips (4 reps), 96 reps in total and I feel that today I can train again. If I train until failure I can do 50 and I feel sore for one or two days. I could not imagine that I could do more than 70 reps or something like that.

I know that sometimes going to failure is necessary and good sometimes, but I'm not going to train only to failure everyday although I do a split routine.

Thank you mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: My routine (looking for a change soon...)   Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:56 am

No prob, i pretty much train this way fasted before work then i start over during work hours. I think density training is a bunch of sets with low reps, what i do is a bunch of sets of high reps 20+sets 20-30 pull ups wherever however and 10+sets of dips at 40-50+ reps just keep building upwards. Once a week test yourself 1 set max out of pullups/dips/pushups and progress on a move you been training for.I personally write down every workout i have tons reps,time i held a static hold,lbs.added, rest taken ect. each week i will deduct a few secs. rest or increase reps, statics,lbs. to keep it moving i don't max out often though for the basics but i stay close to max and try to maintain them for sets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My routine (looking for a change soon...)   

Back to top Go down

My routine (looking for a change soon...)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1