Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Jono's Training Log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Jono wrote:
January 8th

Muscle-ups
8 (Some really good reps in there. Particularly rep #2.)
Bar-barian Warm-up (5 MUs, 5 bar dips, 5 pull-ups, 5s holds)

Dips
5x15
25 solid reps without pausing. (boom - finally getting somewhere in the pushing endurance department. Could possibly have pushed for 30+ with some pausing.)

Brilliant video mate Loving it! The tree and the Mups, great stuff and Bar-baric Wink

Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Elite-Bars wrote:
Jono wrote:
January 8th

Muscle-ups
8 (Some really good reps in there. Particularly rep #2.)
Bar-barian Warm-up (5 MUs, 5 bar dips, 5 pull-ups, 5s holds)

Dips
5x15
25 solid reps without pausing. (boom - finally getting somewhere in the pushing endurance department. Could possibly have pushed for 30+ with some pausing.)

Brilliant video mate Loving it! The tree and the Mups, great stuff and Bar-baric Wink

Thanks man! Wink Keep me updated on your muscle-up attempt in the near future Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/reincarnate100
Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:19 pm

January 9th

Straight Arm Frog Stands (high hips) - starting properly now. Tuck planche with low hips wasn't efficient. I have all year to build myself up properly anyway.

Freestanding Handstand - 5s! Let my feet off the wall, not as impressive as just doing it in the open.

HeSPU Negatives (shoulder width) - 3x3. Feeling much stronger. I can resist the negative and hold a static with my head off 1cm off the ground now.

Wide HeSPUs - 3 reps as a test. It felt easy! All from doing shoulder width negatives! These wide ones MAY carry over to human flag, due to the similar straight arm position, so I may do these. Although the main aim is to learn shoulder width.

Pull-ups
About 10 sets of 12 throughout the day (GTG), in between studying for this month's exams!

Sleep

Push-ups
30 without pausing, just to test my GTG progress. Felt harder than expected actually, despite my dips improving.
Back to top Go down
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Jono wrote:

Thanks man! Wink Keep me updated on your muscle-up attempt in the near future Smile

You're welcome! Smile

Hell yeah mate I will, I am looking forward to it I think of it everyday *LoL Mental* yesterday I was walking my dog and went by the bar and was so Tempted lol But I donow, I couldn't leave my dog anywhere too many people and I better not rush it. I will try when i feel ready Smile Sorry I'll stop spamming your log now! *lol*

Cheers

Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Elite-Bars wrote:
You're welcome! Smile

Hell yeah mate I will, I am looking forward to it I think of it everyday *LoL Mental* yesterday I was walking my dog and went by the bar and was so Tempted lol But I donow, I couldn't leave my dog anywhere too many people and I better not rush it. I will try when i feel ready Smile Sorry I'll stop spamming your log now! *lol*

Cheers

It's all good! More discussions = more motivation for me Very Happy spam all you like Wink

I remember that feeling too! That is a good feeling to have. Hopefully you won't lose it. Only be concerned if the feeling starts to disappear. I remember whenever on the bus to college, I'd be looking out the window for monkey bars on parks as I passed by, because there weren't any good ones in my village. In the end I did it on my park, but the park swing is really thick, so it wasn't optimal.

Here it is, for motivation. Almost a year ago! (February 18th). If I'd trained smarter, I would have progressed better, but I can't complain

Back to top Go down
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Jono wrote:
Elite-Bars wrote:
You're welcome! Smile

Cheers

It's all good! More discussions = more motivation for me Very Happy spam all you like Wink

I remember that feeling too! That is a good feeling to have. Hopefully you won't lose it. Only be concerned if the feeling starts to disappear. I remember whenever on the bus to college, I'd be looking out the window for monkey bars on parks as I passed by, because there weren't any good ones in my village. In the end I did it on my park, but the park swing is really thick, so it wasn't optimal.

Here it is, for motivation. Almost a year ago! (February 18th). If I'd trained smarter, I would have progressed better, but I can't complain

SmileSmileSmile

Cheers Man!

Man thanks for being so kind, I really appreciate it, and I Agree with all you said Smile It's those hidden passions and needs for activity that keep me going, since I found this Forum now I like to call it bar-barian instinct Very Happy Whenever I find something cool to climb up or jump over, some cool spot, I can't resist! Or a nice big tree, I love it! Very Happy

And yeah, That bar is waiting for me to grow a pair and try it haha ^_^ It's actually Only Just wide enough :O That's a bit annoying but it'll do I reckon. I have to find a way to film it as only have my phone cam, and it's all grass around there not a single place to rest it on, I'll have to find a way to film it =)

Thankyou so much for posting your Great video, really good mate and Indeed, first thing I thought myself was the width of that bar, that makes it much harder!

Cheers man, wish you good workouts Wink And a good week Very Happy

Btw I have exams at Uni too till Mid Feb! I Feel ya -.-

Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 am

Elite-Bars wrote:
Cheers man, wish you good workouts Wink And a good week Very Happy

Btw I have exams at Uni too till Mid Feb! I Feel ya -.-

My motivation is sky-high right now (for calisthenics), so I can't be bothered with studying, but it has to be done. I've got 6 exams, but they finish on the 24th. Just thinking that once it's over, I can chill again and focus on calsithenics progress. Wink What degree are you doing at uni?

----------

Last night:
L-sits - Floor - 3x20s

I do all my 20s holds tensing every muscles hard as possible, sitting as high as possible, legs as stiff and straight as possible (exaggerating the efforts) to condition myself better towards the 60s goal. Still feels fairly easy!

Straight Arm Frog Stands - Floor - 6x10s

Getting used to the balance is hard, but my hips are nice and high now.
Back to top Go down
Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:27 pm

January 10th

HeSPU Negatives - Shoulder Width:
3x3

Pull-ups:
20 reps not to failure. Probably could've done 22-24 but I don't like hanging between reps like that, so I cut it short. All I can say is, GTG is working like mad.

High Pull-ups:

Studying for exams supersetted with sets of 20 chest to floor push-ups.

Straight Arm Frog Stands 6x10s
Back to top Go down
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Jono wrote:

My motivation is sky-high right now (for calisthenics), so I can't be bothered with studying, but it has to be done. I've got 6 exams, but they finish on the 24th. Just thinking that once it's over, I can chill again and focus on calsithenics progress. Wink What degree are you doing at uni?

----------

Hi =)

Yeah mate honestly, My life is a disaster, I won't even start saying why but it is trust me. But on your path I am too, Calisthenics is what's really got me passionate, just the workout, and writing down my results, analyzing, filming and always checking for form, eating, these things atleast keep me dedicated to something as I fail everything else...

-

I was going to go back to England to work or join the Army. And my family harshly stopped me from doing either of them, wanted Uni, that's all they can think of. they think as they don't have degrees I'm supposed to now as I have the 'Great chance of my life'. Ah forget it... So in the end here I am, a student...

I am getting a degree in Philosophy mate. Only subject I felt like doing. But I hate going to Uni and the people there... I'm a lone a$$ dude ^_^ One thing is positive though, or maybe two. Studying my favourite philosphers, and the Women! At my campus it's like 70% female, 30% male. I have never met so many chicks and got in so much trouble with all these women around *lol*

Sorry for the rant Smile

Your workouts looking good man!, liked that L-sit vid Wink Oh last thing, today I was thinking, I will find some other spots to try the MUp, only if I find nothing else I'll go to the park. I just am not used to working out in public or even filming myself. I know it's stupid *lol* but I'd prefer a quiet place to concentrate =)

Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Elite-Bars wrote:
Hi =)

Yeah mate honestly, My life is a disaster, I won't even start saying why but it is trust me. But on your path I am too, Calisthenics is what's really got me passionate, just the workout, and writing down my results, analyzing, filming and always checking for form, eating, these things atleast keep me dedicated to something as I fail everything else...

-

I was going to go back to England to work or join the Army. And my family harshly stopped me from doing either of them, wanted Uni, that's all they can think of. they think as they don't have degrees I'm supposed to now as I have the 'Great chance of my life'. Ah forget it... So in the end here I am, a student...

I am getting a degree in Philosophy mate. Only subject I felt like doing. But I hate going to Uni and the people there... I'm a lone a$$ dude ^_^ One thing is positive though, or maybe two. Studying my favourite philosphers, and the Women! At my campus it's like 70% female, 30% male. I have never met so many chicks and got in so much trouble with all these women around *lol*

Sorry for the rant Smile

Your workouts looking good man!, liked that L-sit vid Wink Oh last thing, today I was thinking, I will find some other spots to try the MUp, only if I find nothing else I'll go to the park. I just am not used to working out in public or even filming myself. I know it's stupid *lol* but I'd prefer a quiet place to concentrate =)

Nice man. But philosophy exams? I don't think I could handle all the writing Razz Haha! Wait, so you've lived in England before? How come Italy now? Wink

Me too. The tree branch location isn't very busy, although an old lady was watching me the other day lol. The park can be busy sometimes. Last time I had to wait about 30 mins for some parents/kids to leave the park (it was full)! It's a nice bike ride there and back though. Smile

Thanks about the L-sit. It's a great exercise to do. Although 60s goal is a bit excessive. I should probably spend more time learning a harder move like the V-sit. But I want to prove to myself that 60s hold is possible on the floor. Many have said that it isn't possible, so I need to prove them (and myself) wrong!!
Back to top Go down
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Jono wrote:

Nice man. But philosophy exams? I don't think I could handle all the writing Razz Haha! Wait, so you've lived in England before? How come Italy now? Wink

Me too. The tree branch location isn't very busy, although an old lady was watching me the other day lol. The park can be busy sometimes. Last time I had to wait about 30 mins for some parents/kids to leave the park (it was full)! It's a nice bike ride there and back though. Smile

Thanks about the L-sit. It's a great exercise to do. Although 60s goal is a bit excessive. I should probably spend more time learning a harder move like the V-sit. But I want to prove to myself that 60s hold is possible on the floor. Many have said that it isn't possible, so I need to prove them (and myself) wrong!!

Smile Good evening

LoL, I just enjoy reading Nietzsche Books...
What do you study mate? Smile Yeah I am English, born in Lincoln, lived in Cleethorpes mate, but we moved back to Italy as my mum's Italian... She won I guess lol

Yeah I know what you mean, I can't bear anyone looking at me! (except for chicks ofcourse *lol* Always like that xD) Cool man Wink I have a nice tree in my garden and I will 'analize' its branches this weekend and see if I find a good one for an Mup maybe Wink

That's the way man, I Admire you for that, always aim for the impossible, you can make it, I am sure you will if you decide to keep working on it. If you move on to the V-sit, Great anyway!

Hey man have you achieved the Bar-Barians Reqs yet? =) That would be my only real objective for now I think.

Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Elite-Bars wrote:

Smile Good evening

LoL, I just enjoy reading Nietzsche Books...
What do you study mate? Smile Yeah I am English, born in Lincoln, lived in Cleethorpes mate, but we moved back to Italy as my mum's Italian... She won I guess lol

Yeah I know what you mean, I can't bear anyone looking at me! (except for chicks ofcourse *lol* Always like that xD Cool man Wink I have a nice tree in my garden and I will 'analize' it's branches this week end and see if I find a good one for an Mup maybe Wink

That's the way man, I Admire you for that, always aim for the impossible, you can make it, I am sure you will if you decide to keep working on it. If you move on to the V-sit, Great anyway!

Hey man have you achieved the Bar-Barians Reqs yet? =) That would be my only real objective for now I think.

I'm doing Maths! Smile My Mum's Filipino! I find philosophy interesting actually. Need to research more about it Smile

LOL, but when being observed by anyone (including girls) while doing pull-ups on a branch, it's hard not to look weird!

Just get the muscle-up done already! Stop analysing branches Wink
Back to top Go down
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Jono wrote:

I'm doing Maths! Smile My Mum's Filipino! I find philosophy interesting actually. Need to research more about it Smile

LOL, but when being observed by anyone (including girls) while doing pull-ups on a branch, it's hard not to look weird!

Just get the muscle-up done already! Stop analysing branches Wink

Wow man, good stuff. I would7could never do maths, but I admire who does so ^_^ We're doing like the exact Opposite Poles of studying Very Happy Altough, I have done some Logica exams and some Philosphy of Science which includes some maths and physics I guess. Anyway ^_^

Hahaha after all you're right, even if it's a girl, I may make a sound or a grin if I'm near failure *lol*

- True, I will try not to be too picky xD I am putting it off as I'm sure I will not make it...

Anyways, cheers man I will let you know ofcourse as soon as I try, even if an embarassing fail.

Have a Good Night sir.

Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:39 pm

11th January

First Back Lever Hold? The camera angle is inevitably bad on my staircase. Also ignore the funny noises I make.

---

Lots of sets of 15 dips (GTG).

L-sits - 3x20s

Straight Arm Frog Stands - 6x10s
Back to top Go down
Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:26 am

January 13th

Back Levers
Max efforts. I believe some of them were legitimate holds. When I go to the park I'll film it with a better angle.

Front Levers
Half-lay - only held for 3s though. I have to be fully fresh to hold it.
One Leg - 10s holds.

Tuck Planche
3-5s - After focusing hard on straight arm frog stands for a week, I decided to give the tuck planche an attempt. This time my hips were nice and high, which is where they need to be! In summer I was holding it for 10s, but hips were too low. I will strive for a longer straight arm frog stand before moving onto to tuck planche though.

Push-ups
7 sets of 25 throughout the day (GTG). Pretty comfortable but I felt depleted nearer the end of the day.

Headstand Push-up Negatives (Shoulder Width)
3x3

Wide Headstand Push-ups
1 - just as a tester. Felt weaker than usual but probably because of the push-ups.

L-sits - Floor
3x20s - feeling good. I plan to move it up to 3x25s either next week or mid-way through this week, depending on whether my body feels ready to move on. I'm aiming to break the 40s barrier at the end of the month. The Gymnastic Bodies book recommends pursuit of excellence at this hold.

---

January 14th

Pull-ups
10,11,12,13,15 - no pausing between reps, and with instinctive rest periods (whenever ready to do the set). Total of 61. No sets to failure, as that'd burn me out for days. I actually feel great right now, not that tired. I did some pull-ups as a warm up, and my chest slapped the bar without me aiming to pull that high! Power is being gained just from BW reps

Wide Headstand Push-ups
3 reps - felt easy today. Yesterday's push-ups must've fatigued me. And actually, these were pretty close to shoulder width reps. I'm proud!

Straight Arm Frog Stands (to be done later)
6x10s - trying to focus on the hollow body position.

L-sits (to be done later)
3x20s
Back to top Go down
Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:40 pm

January 15th

Max Weighted Pull-up
50kg x 1 - my chin barely met the bar, but I guess I pulled myself up a decent distance. I've only ever tested my max weighted pull-up once before, and it was 40kg at that time. My max weighted chin-up in summer was 55kg, but may have actually decreased since then! I don't really train heavy pull-ups. The only time I did weighted pull-ups was with 3x5 with 10kg with explosiveness, but I never increased the weights. If I was to do a strength phase of weighted pulls in the future, I could possibly get close to a BW pull-up (70kg).

L-sit - Floor
3x25s - moved this up from 3x20s. I felt the burn, but by no means anywhere near my max. This video is my 2nd set and my cat was tickling me, which makes it harder. Wink This view shows my legs shaking quite a lot (never realised it was that bad). It didn't actually feel as hard as it looked!

Dips
7x15 (GTG) - this was done throughout the day. Feels pretty standard now! I may move up to sets of 20 next week. Cannot believe it. For those who knew my dips sucked badly, this is strange progress! I think my max without pausing is around 30 now.

Straight Arm Frog Stands
Sets of 5-10s. I kept losing balance. Trying to do them with really high hips. I think this way is much harder than the regular variation. Also felt somewhat depleted because of the dips. The fluctuation in max strength is worrying at times, but I just need to remember overall it's increasing.
Back to top Go down
Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:10 am

Really great stuff here man!, good to see you back training hard. Keep up the momentum when you go back to uni.

I'm off work for the next 2 days so I've got the rest of my videos to edit and upload, be on the lookout Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:04 am

Thanks man Smile Yeah I just decided to work hard as of 2013. Slacking off is no longer an option in my brain!

I'll be on the lookout Very Happy Send me my ring MU video as well!! Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:39 am

January 16th

Pull-ups (Week 6 Day 1 of twentypullups)
7,7,8,8,9,10,12 with 2 mins rest between sets (total: 61). Last set was tough, can't lie.

But on January 6th I did 6,6,7,7,8,9,11 (total: 54) with the same rest periods and that was tough as well, so progress has been made.

I think I combination of GTG and following an endurance program like that is perfect for me right now. So either tomorrow or Thursday I'll do GTG sets of 12 throughout the day nice and easy. The next time I'll do another twentypullups workout etc.

Shoulder Width Headstand Push-up Negatives
2x5

Straight Arm Frog Stands
6x10s
Back to top Go down
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:20 pm

OMG the Cat <333333333333333333333 ROTFL, when you lifted yourself it was like

O.o Okay.... I guess I'll keep stroking on his arm anyway xDDD

Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Elite-Bars wrote:

Haha! He literally follows me everywhere. If I go to my stairway to do pull-ups he'll come and watch Wink
Back to top Go down
soccerguy

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Jono wrote:
Elite-Bars wrote:

Haha! He literally follows me everywhere. If I go to my stairway to do pull-ups he'll come and watch Wink

He has so much experience so he's coaching you lol! cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Yeah he was coaching me on my 5 one arm push-ups video from last April!

---

January 17th

Not much today, got an exam tomorrow.

30 Push-ups to see how it felt. Fairly easy. I want 50 without pausing to be easy.

L-sits - Floor
3x25s - first set felt so easy. 38s is going to be murdered in 2 weeks time! Other 2 sets felt moderate.

Straddle Front Lever with Bent Legs
5s

Straight Arm Frog Stands
6x10s
Back to top Go down
Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:02 pm

January 18th
Rest day (exam), except L-sits of course.

L-sits - Floor
4x25s - I accidentally did 28s in the last set lol. Still felt pretty easy. I will test my max next friday or saturday. I'll be aiming for 50s. Elite status!

I've added V-sit to my 2013 goals, as pursuing an L-sit beyond 60s isn't sensible.

I don't usually post pictures, but since switching to wide grip pull-ups (not excessively wide), I've actually started to acquire a back. I could feel them the other day when having a shower. I've always had a skinny-fat physique, especially when I wasn't active, so I think I'm starting to get out of it. I also have a fairly small frame (6" wrists, yet most people I know have 7"+).

Back to top Go down
Jono

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 pm

January 19th

Pull-ups (Week 6 Day 2 of twentypullups)
11,12,13,14,15 (total: 65) with instinctive rest periods. Last set was a bit hard. All good though.

Shoulder Width Headstand Push-up
1 - my first ever!!! I think once I can do 3-5 I'll start putting my weight plates where my hands are, and increase the depth. My 2013 goal is a full ROM HSPU (shoulder width). Time to attack those weak shoulders.

3 Wide HeSPUs
3 Negatives

Tuck Planche (quick hold/form check)
3s - I think I can hold it for 10s if I have to. But the problem here is that after a day of dips/push-ups (endurance), I lose my straight arm shoulder strength. I have to be fully fresh to do this. I'm still doing straight arm frog stands for the most part. They're still giving me strength gains.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jono's Training Log   

Back to top Go down

Jono's Training Log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next