Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Weighted pull-ups, chin-ups, dips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jimsiff

PostSubject: Weighted pull-ups, chin-ups, dips   Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Hey all, looking for ideas for incorporating weighted movements into my programming. I'm 6'3", 195, and my body weight pull-up max is 14 reps, chin-ups is 15, dips is 22. Not great numbers, but you gotta start somewhere, lol. Last week, I tested my weighted 1RM for pull-ups at +60 lbs, weighted chin-ups is +65 lbs, don't know on dips.

How often do you all do weighted movements? I'm thinking that I should probably do added weight at least once per week... maybe a 3x5 or 5x5 style routine. I'm not sure...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Weighted pull-ups, chin-ups, dips   Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:14 pm

I tend to do about 1 day a week weighted, either 5 sets of Max reps, couple of mins between sets or sets of Max reps with the vest, drop it then do Max without, no rest. Then repeat . Finish up with a couple of pyramids :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Weighted pull-ups, chin-ups, dips   Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:24 am

I would do a big one like the one below once per week, I also do 45lbs. weighted maintenance reps after high rep pull ups, light weight high rep pull ups, on/off routine 50lbs. weighted, heavy single weighted reps too.
Do more than 1 weighted session per week, one heavy singles, one like this below, light weight high reps keep switching.

Workout: Pull ups
set1. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set2. 135lbs. 1 rep 1 min rest
set3. 135lbs. 1 rep 2 min rest
set4. 45lbs. 10 reps 2min rest
set5. 135lbs. 1 rep. 1 min rest
set6. 135lbs. 1 reps 2 min rest
set7. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set8. 135lbs. 1 rep 1 min rest
set9. 135lbs. 1 rep 2 min rest
set10. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set11. 45lbs. 10 reps Done
The switch from 135lbs. to 45lbs. makes the 45lbs. feel lighter the more you lift 135lbs. the lighter and lighter the 45lbs. feels.Try it out.

You can always pick 2 different weights to suit your strength heavier or lighter. For you jimsiff maybe you would fluctuate with 20lbs. and 40-50lbs. see how it feels just make sure too keep those rest times no longer.

#2 Another i do is the ON/OFF
50lbs. 10-15 reps x take the weight off and match the weighted reps i do this till i can't maintain the 2 the workout ends if you pass 6 sets of maintenance you should add more weight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weighted pull-ups, chin-ups, dips   

Back to top Go down

Weighted pull-ups, chin-ups, dips
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1