Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Is this a good routine for beginner?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kimchester

PostSubject: Is this a good routine for beginner?   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:30 am

monday - pushup, hanging knee raise
wednesday - bodysquat , inverted row
friday - read monday

thats the program alternating the monday and wednesday i actually see this program in the net while browsing for convict conditioning i have done bodyweight exercise before for 2months but i dont improve much so i'am changing my program before i do reps to failure this time i'am gonna try to wont reach failurei hope i got suggestion for some PRO here i'am really serious for doing this for lifetime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good routine for beginner?   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:17 pm

I'm no expert, but what about adding some dips, pull-ups and chin-ups to your routine?

Also, what kind of push-ups are you doing? A variety would be good (eg. diamond, on medicine balls, pseudo-planche etc.). You might want to add other ab exercises too.

Not so sure about the row - maybe someone else can say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
kimchester

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good routine for beginner?   Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:15 am

actually i'am working my way to change the inverted row to pullups but i can only do 2proper pullups i dont have an idea how to increase my reps in pullups if i can only do 2

i'am just doing normal pushup i can't do close pushup yet i'am a total newbie in calisthenics so please help me customize my workout xD
if possible 3x/week M-W-F and is it ok to do cardio in 2x/week T-TH i do jump rope for cardio is that good or should i just do squat thrust?

how bout the abs what other exercise should i add into it? even though the hanging knee raise is so hard for me i always love them than doing crunches
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good routine for beginner?   Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:35 am

Quote :
i dont have an idea how to increase my reps in pullups if i can only do 2

Have a google for a technique called "negatives" - it basically means starting at the finish position of a technique, and working backwards. So for upll-ups you'd start at the top position and then (slowly and with control) lower yourself back down again. This will help build up strength for when you move to the pulling phase. Also, just keep going. The best piece of advice I have EVER been given, and one which I think about almost daily is:

"Repetition is the mother of skill"

Learn it, do it. Do it again, and again, and again. That's all I, and everyone else here, does.

Quote :
if possible 3x/week M-W-F and is it ok to do cardio in 2x/week T-TH i do jump rope for cardio is that good or should i just do squat thrust?

I don't see why not, as long as you don't overtrain. Learn to listen to your body - if you're finding a workout a real struggle then take a rest. Don't be a macho idiot and push yourself too hard, or you'll get injured.

WRT to cardio, I think a mix is good. Personally I do mainly running and also boxing/kickboxing twice a week. Variety makes it more fun. Squat thrusts are good, but why not mix it up with other things like burpees and plyometrics.

Quote :
how bout the abs what other exercise should i add into it? even though the hanging knee raise is so hard for me i always love them than doing crunches

Crunches are mostly a waste of time. My top ones (that helped me get the abs in my profile pic) are:

- Myotatic crunches with a medicine ball over a bosu
- Swiss ball jackknifes
- Hanging leg raises (work up to these from the hanging knees)
- Plank - side and front
- Using an abs roller

Finally, I would advice you to research your own routine. We're all different and no one here is going to devise a routine for you. Buy magazines, read blogs, talk to people. There is a lot of information so learn what to discard. Don't follow what idiots say, and learn about safety.

Also, if you are looking to get ripped and either lose or gain weight, I would do the same about your diet. Half of the aesthetics and the ability to build lean muscle is good diet (and if you get into bodyweight you sure as hell won't want to be pulling your fat a$$ over a bar!)
Back to top Go down
kimchester

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good routine for beginner?   Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:45 am

Phin wrote:
Quote :
i dont have an idea how to increase my reps in pullups if i can only do 2

Have a google for a technique called "negatives" - it basically means starting at the finish position of a technique, and working backwards. So for upll-ups you'd start at the top position and then (slowly and with control) lower yourself back down again. This will help build up strength for when you move to the pulling phase. Also, just keep going. The best piece of advice I have EVER been given, and one which I think about almost daily is:

"Repetition is the mother of skill"

Learn it, do it. Do it again, and again, and again. That's all I, and everyone else here, does.

Quote :

I don't see why not, as long as you don't overtrain. Learn to listen to your body - if you're finding a workout a real struggle then take a rest. Don't be a macho idiot and push yourself too hard, or you'll get injured.

WRT to cardio, I think a mix is good. Personally I do mainly running and also boxing/kickboxing twice a week. Variety makes it more fun. Squat thrusts are good, but why not mix it up with other things like burpees and plyometrics.

Quote :

Crunches are mostly a waste of time. My top ones (that helped me get the abs in my profile pic) are:

- Myotatic crunches with a medicine ball over a bosu
- Swiss ball jackknifes
- Hanging leg raises (work up to these from the hanging knees)
- Plank - side and front
- Using an abs roller

Finally, I would advice you to research your own routine. We're all different and no one here is going to devise a routine for you. Buy magazines, read blogs, talk to people. There is a lot of information so learn what to discard. Don't follow what idiots say, and learn about safety.

Also, if you are looking to get ripped and either lose or gain weight, I would do the same about your diet. Half of the aesthetics and the ability to build lean muscle is good diet (and if you get into bodyweight you sure as hell won't want to be pulling your fat a$$ over a bar!)

thanks for the tip maybe for cardio i will do mountain biking,jumprope,burpee mix it up bounce

for abs i'll do planking and hanging knee raise

for shoulder i'll practice handstand until i can make it handstand pushup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good routine for beginner?   Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:49 am

Cool Smile

Also do negatives for HSPU. That's what I'm trying to do - so start in a handstand and VERY CAREFULLY lower yourself so your head touches the ground. Use a rolled up yoga mat or something under your head, and DO NOT allow your head to go crashing into the ground. Be very careful!
Back to top Go down
kimchester

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good routine for beginner?   Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:31 am

i just back read and saw that ur doing kickboxing thats wicked i wanna learn some martial arts too like judo i like throwing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good routine for beginner?   

Back to top Go down

Is this a good routine for beginner?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1