Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenc

PostSubject: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:42 pm

This is basically gonna be for me to keep track of my progress through 'The Big 6' exercises.

I'll be starting this on monday (27/2/12).

Gonna be starting with the 'New Blood' routine, since this is Paul Wade's recommendation and me being new to calisthenics training.

A few stats:

Height - 6' 0
Weight - 11st (154lbs)
Age - 26
Body Type - Ectomorph (aka skinny guy/'hardgainer')

Honestly i don't know what to expect from this type of training, i've seen a lot of vids of guys training in calisthenics so it's probably clouded my judgement of what to expect a little. I know for sure my strength will increase within the next few months but i won't put pressure on my physique to make big changes like i usually do. I'll expect to see a nice difference between 12-18months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Monday (27/2/12)   Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:17 am

Step One: Wall Pushups

Beginner standard (1 set 10 reps). Was fine with this. Moved on to the intermediate standard.

Intermediate standard (2 sets 25 reps): Well, i must say i was shocked. Although i managed to do the 2 sets of 25, i could really feel the burning sensation around my elbow joint (forearm and triceps). While i know i can do a few pushups, i'm glad i didn't rush ahead; that was a bit of an eye opener for me. On to the leg raises!

Step One: Knee Tucks

Beginner standard (1 set 10 reps): Managed to complete the set, but it was pretty hard. My form could definitely be a lot better (at times i was hunching over to reach the top of the movement). The chair i was using couldn't really hold my weight, as it kept tipping forward. I'll probably stick at this level until my core gets a bit stronger.

On the whole a real eye opener. Very happy that i decided to start from the beginning. Can't let my ego get the better of me! Next training day is Friday - pullups and squats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:06 am

A Bit behind posting this as i was a bit busy over the past few days but it goes as follows:

Friday 2/3/12

Squats step one: Shoulder squat (1 set 10 Reps): Fine, no problems. Will move up to intermediate next friday.

Pullup step one: Vertical Pulls (1 set 10 reps): Again no problems, on to intermediate.

Additional notes: My energy was REALLY low the past few days, so i didn't try to push through intermediate levels on these exercises.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Tue (6/3/12)   Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:18 am

Step One: Wall Pushup progression (3 sets 50 reps): Got through it, but could really feel the burn around my elbow joints, and later feeling it in my shoulders. I've also notice that i don't have a full range of motion in my wrists (i can't flex them at a 90degree angle). Not sure if this is natural or i can gain more flexibility through stretching?

Step One: Knee Tucks (1 set 10 reps): Did it fine this week as opposed to last week. Form was fine, everything ok. Intermediate next week!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:47 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Friday (9/3/12)   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Squats Step One: Shoulder squats (2 sets 25 reps): did these fine, felt some slight resistance which i though was amazing since i was pushing thin air! Smile On to progression next friday.

Pullups Step One: Vertical Pulls (2 sets 25 reps): No problems, was fine, on to progression.

Additional note: Played a game of Football for the first time in years on Weds, now starting to feel a slight strain on the inside of my right thigh. I'm guessing that's down to a lack of flexibility and over exerting the muscles after such a long time. Will start to add stretching into my weekly schedule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Ice Berg Slim wrote:
awesome

Thanks man Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Step Two!: Incline pushups (1set 10reps): did them fine, a bit of messing about finding the correct height for a surface to push off of but nothing major.

Step One: Knee Tucks (2sets 25reps): Felt it quite a bit on this one, but managed to get through. Progression set next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sai

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:00 pm

I just started reading convict conditioning, its definately a good book to help progress into becoming a bodyweight athlete! keep up the good work and good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Sai wrote:
I just started reading convict conditioning, its definately a good book to help progress into becoming a bodyweight athlete! keep up the good work and good luck!

Yeh it's definitely a great starting point for me since i'm a beginner, couldn't have asked for a better starting point. Thanks man i'll try!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: (Friday 16/3/12)   Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Step One: Shoulder Squats (3sets 50reps): Felt the burn on my lower back more than anything. Was a bit tough but managed to get through it. On to Step Two!

Step One: Vertical Pulls (3sets 50reps) Was meant to do 40 reps for this one but i didn't realise as i had gotten used to the way the structure of the exercises worked. The easiest of the exercises i've done so far. On to Step Two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Step Two: Incline Pushups (2sets 20reps): Was OK doing this, second set i could feel it a little towards the end. Progression next week.

Step One: Knee Tucks (3sets 40reps): Managed to get through, but admittedly my form started dipping towards the end of the last set. Not sure if should do this final step again or move on to step two? I'll have another quick read through just to see how capable i should be at an exercise before i move on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:37 am

I'M BACK!!

Well after 4 torrid weeks, i can finally resume my training. Man it feels good!

Step Two: Jackknife Squats (1set 10reps): Nice and easy, felt good! Intermediate next week.

Step Two: Horizontal Pulls (1set 10reps): Had to make a makeshift "table" as i didn't have any surfaces that i could use. I basically used a banister and an ironing board (matched up to the height of the banister) and then put a broomstick on top so i could pull off the broom..pretty cool if you ask me! lol. Anyway...

Nice and easy again, on to intermediate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Hey, nice progressing there!

I also follow CC its really a awsome book!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:50 pm

blue hefner wrote:
Hey, nice progressing there!

I also follow CC its really a awsome book!

Yeh it's really good, very inspriring, always keeps me motivated just thinking about it!

Do you have a training log on here also? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:03 am

I just made one a week ago or sumthin..
I really dont post atm, I have a log I just write it down :p.

Here's my routine

D1-
HSPU steps @ finished step 2, going to start 3
Pullup steps @ step 4
Squat steps
Bridge steps @ step2, hard
+ Grip work (CC2)

D2 REST

D3
Squat steps @ step 6
Pushup steps @ step 2
Horizontal rows (step2)
Leg raises @ step 3
+ Grip work

I started this at 5 march, before I was on other things, back then I injured my elbow so I started to look for basic things to advanced thingz and found this book!
Yesterday I just did some pullups, supposed to be my rest day and I just strained my left elbow because to much range of motion(chest to bar) Its still not ready.
So Im taking it easy and giving on certain exercises that train the wrists,elbows and shoulders more time Smile.
Its a really awsome book and it just explains it all!
BTW,Im 15 years old, within 1 week turnin 16!
We could compare how we progress and yeah things like that!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:12 am

Awesome stuff man!

Yeh you should take it easy seeing as your coming back from injury. Don't push yourself too hard!

Yeh i think that's a good idea, keep each other motivated and stuff Smile

Also happy bday for next week! Haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 am

Step Two: Incline Pushups (1set 30, 2sets 20): Just about managed to get to 30 pushups on the first set, so went back down to 20 reps for the last two sets. Next week i'll aim for 3sets 25 reps, and try and build up to 3sets 30.

Step Two: Knee Tucks (3sets 30reps): Decided to scale it back seeing as my form dipped towards the end of the exercise when i was doing 40reps. Was nice and smooth all the way through. Going to try 3sets 40reps next week.

Additional notes: I've added stretching to my routines. I use Thomas Kurz's methods, warm up stretch before and after workouts (to improve my overall flexibility. I've also started the lean gains fasted diet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:57 am

Its my left elbow again thats f*cked up!
This week I take it easy, just squats+ core work,stretches.
If my elbow heals earlier I include some horizontal pull/ push :p.
Also nice on the incline pushups, do it slowly and chest to the object your pushing to.. Really makes your chest and elbow/shoulder area burn Twisted Evil. Knee tucks took me about 3 weeks, pretty hard though.

Also I need help on stretches, I need some good 'read' for stretching my hamstrings, they lack flexibility it really affects my progress on bridges+leg raises No .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Maybe you should scale back a step if your elbow is hurting you? You're still pretty young so you should take your time, don't wanna do any long term damage!

If you want some info on stretching you should look up Thomas Kurz. His methods sound simple and effective enough, i haven't been using it long enough to give any critical feedback though but it's his system that i'm using.

Check out this thread aswell :http://bar-barians.forumotions.net/t1525-stretching-a-missing-link?highlight=stretching

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject:    Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:40 am

Step Two: Jackknife Squats (2sets 20reps): No troubles, on to progression next week.

Step Two: Horizontal Pulls (2sets 20reps): Struggled getting my reps out towards the end of the second set, will stay on this until my form is nice and buttery!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:45 am

Step Two: Incline Pushups (3sets 25reps): Managed to get through with good form throughout, gonna move up to 3sets 30 next week.

Step Two: Knee Tucks (3sets 40reps): Completed all with good form, moving on to Step Three!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Friday (4/5/12)   Mon May 07, 2012 8:38 am

Step Two: Horizontal Pulls (1set 20reps, 1set 15reps): Psyched myself out waay too much doing this, in the end i lost concentration on the second set. Try again next week.

Step Two: Jackknife Squats (3sets 40reps): Again, got through these ok, moving on to Step Three.

Additional notes: Starting to see where i am lagging behind in terms of strength now, and i've only just reached Step Three on some exercises! Will be interesting to see how things pan out when i reach Step Six. Good thing i started from the beginning i reckon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Monday (7/5/12)   Mon May 14, 2012 8:03 am

Step Two: Incline Pushups (3sets 30reps): Got through them with good form, moving it up to 3sets 35reps.

Step Three: Flat Knee Raises (1set 10reps): Nice and easy, on to intermediate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenc

PostSubject: Friday (11/5/12)   Mon May 14, 2012 8:07 am

Step Two: Horizontal Pulls (2sets 15reps): Decided to scale it back, to see if i could get through the exercise on an even amount of reps, did it no problem, will try 2set 20reps next week.

Step Three: Supported Squats (1set 10reps): Nice and easy, on to intermediate next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log   

Back to top Go down

Kenc's Convict Conditioning Training Log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next