Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Convict Conditioning low volume routines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
freerunner

PostSubject: Convict Conditioning low volume routines   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:53 pm

I'm using CC, and the author reccomends very low volume routines, working each move once per week, for 2-3 sets. I've never used such a small amount of training, but he really pushes the low volume. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone tried this and gotten good results?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Derrick

PostSubject: Re: Convict Conditioning low volume routines   Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:35 am

Well I can honestly say that I have read only CC2, but the logic with low volumes seems inconsistent. If you are incarcerated, why on Earth would you limit your training volumes so drastically, when you have all the time in the world?

I am by no means an expert, but I think you can easily work on a move AT LEAST six times a week without any worries of overtraining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Convict Conditioning low volume routines   Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:35 am

Derrick it is strange, but the only reason i can think of is they want to be able to train hard yet not be over taxed so bad so they can also defend themselves physically/daily and survive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freerunner

PostSubject: Re: Convict Conditioning low volume routines   Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Derrik, when you say six days a week, do you mean greasing the groove or high intensity training?
Oh, about actual convicts training, in CC the Paul Wade says the prisoners, train a LOT, often for hours every day, but he says that it's just to fill time, not because it's really necessary.
I think I'll try using the heavier volume routine, doing each move twice a week. He acts like its overkill, but that's the kind that has always worked best for me.
Another question about CC: does bridging get progressively harder for your back? Looking at the progressions, it seems like the only muscles that have to work harder is your legs. I need an acceptable subsitute for deadlifts. Would working on a planche progression fit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Convict Conditioning low volume routines   

Back to top Go down

Convict Conditioning low volume routines
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1