Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I'm addicted !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LilWolf

PostSubject: I'm addicted !!   Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Hey I all,
I got a probleme. I would like to workout more often. I workout every day, 2 times a day. One day the legs and my routine, the other day my abs and my routine. I wanna know if it will be alright to do my routine twice a day?

[u]My routine

-(pyramide routine)
-wide pull ups
-regular dips
-diamond push up
-After my routine,
-chin up (as many i can do) X2
-push up (as many I can do) X2

Do you think that I can do more thant one time my routine ? Let me know wath you are thinkingabout it!

One Love , LilWolf

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/louhoule
Zhulien

PostSubject: Re: I'm addicted !!   Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:53 pm

If you're new to physical training and just starting, it is not a good idea to train more than once every 2-3 days(considering you're training at at least 50% intensity). If you do light workouts, one per every 2 days is pretty good. In short, start slow! You're body and especially your nervous system needs to adjust to the new load which you strain it with. Rest is extremely important! Remember that training destroys the body, rest builds it up!

If you have a good amount of experience already, you can maybe go to 1 session per day. In this case, you'll need to figure out how to structure your workouts so you can provide your body with enough rest.

More than one workout per day wont give you better results in most cases. Into the other side, it will even make you more prone to injuries, which can stop you from training for months! And you dont want to lose that passion, right?

It is all really up to you. You define your goals and values, but take care of your body!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LilWolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm addicted !!   Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:32 pm

I already train before Istarted calisthenics. I was doing weight and now i do calisthenics for like 2-3 months.
Back to top Go down
LilWolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm addicted !!   Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 pm

But hey thanks for the advice men I think you're right! I'm gonna follow your advice thanks for all my men.

One Love, LilWolf
Back to top Go down
LilWolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm addicted !!   Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:52 pm

But do you think that I can do my routine everyday ?

One Love, LilWolf
Back to top Go down
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: I'm addicted !!   Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Well try it for a week or more and see how its going. Well if u feel ok and fresh workout if u feel tired and sored u can skip one's day workout.
So if u feel like u are ok to workout do it even if its twice per day, if not just rest one day or go light,if its not enough rest one more day etc etc.

Hope it helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DerSchniffles

PostSubject: Re: I'm addicted !!   Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:26 pm

just dont overtrain. you can hurt yourself or your progression.

If you overtrain, you will find that you hit a plateau or you may actually go down. You need to let your body rebuild the muscle. Like others have said, just listen to your body.

My general rule of thumb is I wont hit a muscle group until it isnt sore anymore. At all. If my chest is still sore from my last workout, I rest that day and only do abs.

Your diet is a big part of this too. If your trying to loose weight/fat, your probably in a calorie deficit and training more than once a day and 4 days a week isnt going to do you anything but bad. If you eating alot of good food and trying to bulk up and you know for sure that you in a calorie surplus, then you can try it and see your results. Everyone's body is different. When I used to hit the gym real hard, even during my strength training, I found that hitting each muscle group once a week was plenty (gym 3 days a week. That full 6 or 7 days of rest was perfect for me. Other people could work out 5 or 6 days a week and be fine.

Just listen to your body. If you decide to hit it twice a day, just make sure you take a full week off every 4-6 weeks to really let your body heal up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm addicted !!   

Back to top Go down

I'm addicted !!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1