Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hello Lots of Improvement :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PullUpImpulse

PostSubject: Hello Lots of Improvement :)   Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Hello,

I started calisthenics on August 2011. It has been 5 months since then. When I first started body weight training I was able to do just 2 pull ups, ZERO dips, 10 push ups.

Through this 5 months I think I have improved alot and today I can do 13 pull ups, 12 parallel bar dips, 12 horizontal bard dips and 30 push ups. I also started to do weighted pull ups.

I work out very hard to achieve my goal of being able to do a muslce up. But I still cannot do one. However my pull up number has increased alot, I can pull my self up to the chest level, I try to do negative muscle ups and explosive pull ups etc..

But what is the secret of doing the muscle up. When I pull myself explosively, my chest past the level of the bar and my arms almost go above the bar slightly, yet I cannot understand how should the transation part should be.

Do you think that my working of the negative muscle ups and weigted pull ups will help about achieving the muscle up?

What part of the training should I focus on more?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Hello Lots of Improvement :)   Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:20 pm

PullUpImpulse Great job with that increase in strength. But to me its to early for you to do a muscle up yet get stronger at the basics then learn muscle ups. Not exact but when 20 pull ups, 50 push ups, 30+ dips is easy you can assure you got the basic strength built to learn the muscle up safer then if you did them now,just my opinion.Keep up the great gains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hello Lots of Improvement :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1