Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Popping :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Popping :(   Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Does anyone know what the deal is with popping?

My shoulders pop on close grip pull ups
Sometimes my upper back pops if I breathe in really deeply
Lower back pops when I bend over

Is this stuff I should be worried about? It doesn't hurt, but it's really annoying and I want it to stop. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scotaidh

PostSubject: Re: Popping :(   Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:52 pm

You may want to get a foam roller for SMR(Self Myofascial Release). It will help your recovery, flexibility, and performance.

Go to a good Chiropractor or D.O. They will take some X-Rays to see if your condition is adjustable. They will give you some adjustments for your back and anything else that maybe troubling you. You may want to go to a massage therapist and get some deep tissue massage. Also, get a sports massage later on when you figure out your "popping" situation and find a resolution for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Popping :(   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:33 am

Hy-Lo wrote:
You may want to get a foam roller for SMR(Self Myofascial Release). It will help your recovery, flexibility, and performance.

Go to a good Chiropractor or D.O. They will take some X-Rays to see if your condition is adjustable. They will give you some adjustments for your back and anything else that maybe troubling you. You may want to go to a massage therapist and get some deep tissue massage. Also, get a sports massage later on when you figure out your "popping" situation and find a resolution for it.
Do you think they would give me any reason to stop working out? That's what I'm afraid of. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scotaidh

PostSubject: Re: Popping :(   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:47 am

If it doesn't hurt. Then I would not think it is detrimental. In my opinion, I think you are just in need of a little adjustment and massage. You can do the massage yourself w/ a foam roller. I use one made by Protocol... Do not forget about your flexibility and recovery. It is highly essential...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Popping :(   

Back to top Go down

Popping :(
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1