Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
midgettosser666

PostSubject: i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help   Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am

I've decided to add weighted pullups to my workout routine and alternate between weighted and normal each time i work out.
I can do 20 dead hang pullups, and 7 with 45 pounds. I weigh 140 pounds so what would be an estimate of how much weight and reps i should start off with?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sclarkson1

PostSubject: Re: i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help   Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:29 am

I cant say exactly what you should start with, but if you can do 7 @ 45, I would work with that. What I like to do is use a weight till I exaust its usefullness, that is, till it is too light. This works real well, and I find I have gained both size and strength with this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help   Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:54 am

I tend to work around sets of 10 reps for the change point. If I can do 10 reps with a weight I will add a bit more on.

I.e. 45lbs is fine to start with :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help   Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Weighted Pyramids and 5RM "Power" Ladders or a lot of 5*5=25 type stuff... Off the top if the most you can pull up is 45LB Id prob drop 5-10Lb and start from there. It really just boils down to picking the right variables. The 5*5=25 stuff and weighted pyramids REALLY DO work bro!!! For the last 2 months or so all Ive been doing is Weighted Pull/Chin Ups and Today I banged out 16 consectutive 48LB Dead Hangers!!! theres an article in this forum called "Increasing Your Pull Up Ability" start there. Go to youtube/internet and search for Ben Bruno and Steven Proto... also forum member IronLoo has some pretty solid ideas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help   

Back to top Go down

i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1