Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
midgettosser666

PostSubject: i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help   Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am

I've decided to add weighted pullups to my workout routine and alternate between weighted and normal each time i work out.
I can do 20 dead hang pullups, and 7 with 45 pounds. I weigh 140 pounds so what would be an estimate of how much weight and reps i should start off with?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sclarkson1

PostSubject: Re: i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help   Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:29 am

I cant say exactly what you should start with, but if you can do 7 @ 45, I would work with that. What I like to do is use a weight till I exaust its usefullness, that is, till it is too light. This works real well, and I find I have gained both size and strength with this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help   Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:54 am

I tend to work around sets of 10 reps for the change point. If I can do 10 reps with a weight I will add a bit more on.

I.e. 45lbs is fine to start with :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help   Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Weighted Pyramids and 5RM "Power" Ladders or a lot of 5*5=25 type stuff... Off the top if the most you can pull up is 45LB Id prob drop 5-10Lb and start from there. It really just boils down to picking the right variables. The 5*5=25 stuff and weighted pyramids REALLY DO work bro!!! For the last 2 months or so all Ive been doing is Weighted Pull/Chin Ups and Today I banged out 16 consectutive 48LB Dead Hangers!!! theres an article in this forum called "Increasing Your Pull Up Ability" start there. Go to youtube/internet and search for Ben Bruno and Steven Proto... also forum member IronLoo has some pretty solid ideas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help   

Back to top Go down

i'm new to weighted pullups and need some help
Page 1 of 1