Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Is it okay to practice some planche and stuff when you just start

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
reddragon

PostSubject: Is it okay to practice some planche and stuff when you just start   Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:20 pm

I am just a beginner. I am a martial artist in the first plae but I want get stronger and I dont like the traditonal weighttraining stuff.
So I decided to work only with my boduweight I have had some great advice and even a good schedule witch I follow.
But every now and then I want to see if I can do the planche and that kind off stuff.
Is it okay to try that or is it better to build a good foundation off pull-ups, dips, squats and chin-ups?
And if its okay is it better to start the routine with these exercises or at the end? Or maybay on a different day?
Because I think for martial artist its great to have such a strength that you can hold a planche orso for 20-30sec. or a L-sit for that time.
As I said, I just started this kind off training and I think its geat as a suplementary training for martial artist.
I dont have everyday to train this way because I have to train y martial arts to 2-3 times a week and do some running (sprinting) twice a week.
So I try to train 3 times a week with these bodyweight exercises, sometimes only a half hour sometimes longer.

I have notice that most off te guys on this forum train almost everyday and sometimes for more then a hour.
Can I still get good results training the way I do?
And if I am short on time can I then combine martial arts training and bodyweight training? And if so, is it better to start then with the bodyweight exercises?

I know I have to make it work because I train martial arts next to it and I dont want to give that up, but I want to know if it is possible to still het good results when you only train 2-3 times a week for half a hour (at least). So I hope someone can answer these question. I even hope that maybay there is a martial artist who have had the same problems and can give me some advice off how he has solved thse problems.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pilku

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay to practice some planche and stuff when you just start   Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:44 pm

depends on what your goals are. if you want to train for planche, you should do push ups and handstands, then move to hip push ups and handstand push ups etc.. the point is, that you can do push ups, and still at the same time train for planche, cause planche is basiclly a no feet push up. you just need to advance all the time to garantee that you are progressing all the time - do more and more advanced variations. LittleBeastM has a good planche tutorial. http://littlebeastm.blogspot.com/2011/08/littlebeastm-planche-tutorial-for-just.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reddragon

PostSubject: Okay   Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:25 pm

thank you very much Pilku. I do understand.
I have read somewere that LilltebeastM has his own webiste. Do you now if this is true and if so if the site is working and what the name off his site is?
Again, thank you very much for reacting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay to practice some planche and stuff when you just start   

Back to top Go down

Is it okay to practice some planche and stuff when you just start
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1