Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ironloo

PostSubject: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:02 am

Workout: Pull ups
set1. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set2. 135lbs. 1 rep 1 min rest
set3. 135lbs. 1 rep 2 min rest
set4. 45lbs. 10 reps 2min rest
set5. 135lbs. 1 rep. 1 min rest
set6. 135lbs. 1 reps 2 min rest
set7. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set8. 135lbs. 1 rep 1 min rest
set9. 135lbs. 1 rep 2 min rest
set10. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set11. 45lbs. 10 reps Done
The switch from 135lbs. to 45lbs. makes the 45lbs. feel lighter the more you lift 135lbs. the lighter and lighter the 45lbs. feels.Try it out.

You can always pick 2 different weights to suit your strength heavier or lighter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wracko

PostSubject: Re: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:16 am

Thats mental , very strong pullin strngth u gt ..
Is there a specific benefit to doin this ? ..
And
Do you use a trainin split or full body ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:44 am

Benefit = more strength, i will up the weight to 60 and 145 soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeromni

PostSubject: Re: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 am

thats cool how u mix 1-3 rep max with wieghted strength endurance reps.i may have to try this just insted ill do 100 pounds insted of 135
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Thanks Enigma, do it to suit yourself this method i came up with works big time. you can use this same method for dips too.Try it and let me know what you think, just make sure to use this exact rest time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:16 pm

ironloo wrote:
Workout: Pull ups
set1. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set2. 135lbs. 1 rep 1 min rest
set3. 135lbs. 1 rep 2 min rest
set4. 45lbs. 10 reps 2min rest
set5. 135lbs. 1 rep. 1 min rest
set6. 135lbs. 1 reps 2 min rest
set7. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set8. 135lbs. 1 rep 1 min rest
set9. 135lbs. 1 rep 2 min rest
set10. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set11. 45lbs. 10 reps Done
The switch from 135lbs. to 45lbs. makes the 45lbs. feel lighter the more you lift 135lbs. the lighter and lighter the 45lbs. feels.Try it out.

You can always pick 2 different weights to suit your strength heavier or lighter.

Thats insane bro!!! awesome routine!!! I already emailed it to myself/ printed it out. Thanks. Wish my belt could hold 135lbs. Thinking of rocking 2 belts for weight addition combos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:49 am

Ice Berg Slim Glad you like it. Your better off getting that TDS weight belt, how much weight were u planning to use?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:10 pm

Maybe 120lbs, but, I tried it earlier, and, my belt is too crappy and wont hold much. Either Ill need to buy another crappy belt, or, a heavy duty one that can hold Larger Plates and more weight. Ive been scoping the IronMind Belt. I may just keep my crappy belt and buy a vest now and combine the vest with the crappy belt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nguyenquanghung

PostSubject: Re: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:27 am

i have a question:when i'm doing weight pull up,i feel it at my shoulder,not my back,not my arm.is there any problem?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:37 pm

The Perfect Pull-up and Chin-up
•Watch your grip. Make sure to grip the bar towards your fingers. Basically, it should rest on the soft part just below your fingers. Avoid pinching your skin there. Pull-ups will cause callouses but they will actually make the exercise easier. Pinching the skin, on the other hand, will cause you unnecessary pain.
•Pack your shoulders. Always start the chin-up from a dead hang position. From there the first thing to do is, with straight arms, to pull your shoulders down toward the body and pack them into your torso.
•Use your back. The pull-up or chin-up is primarily an exercise for your back muscles. Those are the lats – the muscles of your armpits. You will fail to get good if you can’t feel and use your lats. It’s just that the biceps is too small and too week, no matter how well developed, to allow you chin-up mastery. Here is quick drill to feel those muscles. Extend your arms forward and ask a buddy to exert upward pressure on your arm. Now, try to lower it in spite of his efforts. Feel those muscles working? Good – use them in the pull-ups.
•Cross your legs. The phenomenon called irradiation allows neighboring muscles to make each othe stronger when contracting harder. So by crossing and flexing your legs against each other, you become stronger.
•Bend the bar. By attempting to twist the pull-up bar downward (your left hand will twist counter-clockwise and your right hand will twist clockwise) you will achieve a greater contraction in your upper body.
•Squeeze your butt. Same as crossing your legs and gripping hard, squeezing the glutes will give you an instant strength boost.

Mistakes Sabotage Your Pull-ups and Chin-ups
You are not using your back. If you don’t learn to use the back muscles to initiate the movement and do most of the work on chin-ups and pull-ups, you are never going to get good at them. The upper arms are simply a small muscle and cannot compete with the big and powerful muscles of the upper back.
You are training to failure. When doing complex movements like this, always stop 1 or 2 repetitions short of failure. This means to do 8 reps when you are capable of doing 9 or 10. Training to failure is a viable tool when it comes to breaking down a muscle so it can recover and grow bigger and stronger. Pull-up and chin-up performance, however, comes down to learning to use your back and getting more efficient at it.
You aren’t using full range of motion. If you don’t go all the way down on chin-ups and pull-ups, you won’t be able to powerfully activate the back muscles.

Weaknesses in Your Chin-up Performance
You are as strong as the weakest muscle that takes part in the exercise:

Train your grip. You won’t be good at pull-ups if you can’t stay on the bar long enough. You need a strong grip. Train by hanging off the bar for time with two arms (eventually try hanging off one arm). Barbell holds with heavy weights for time also will help.
Develop your forearms. Training your forearms with wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, reverse bar curls and pinch gripping (holding two weight plates together and lifting them off with one hand) will also improve your grip, thus your chin-up performance.
Strengthen the mid-back muscles. The mid back muscles are responsible for the hardest part of the movement – the finish. Strengthen them with dumbbell, barbell or cable rows.
Strengthen your upper arms muscles. Your upper arm muscles – biceps and brachialis, are also responsible for the finishing part of the movement. Improve them with barbell and dumbbell curls and reverse curls (like the regular curls but with your hands on top of the bar).

be careful... but yeah... when doing Pull Ups using your back and not your arms is the key
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Ice Berg Slim nice post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power   

Back to top Go down

1 of my pull up Routines Strength/Power
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1