Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:37 am

Done on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday

All Sets to max reps as possible until i can do no more
30 second rest in between sets

One Arm Pushups x 6 sets (3 each arm) [chest, triceps, shoulders]
Decline Diamond Pushups x 4 sets [triceps & a little chest and shoulders]
One Leg Ultra Wide Pushups x 2 sets [chest, & a little triceps and shoulders]
Crucifix Pushups x2 sets [shoulders & a little bicep, chest & lats]
Towel Chinups x 5 sets [lats, biceps, forearms]
Pullups x 3 sets [lats, and a little biceps]
Frenchie Parallel Grip Pullups x 3 sets [lats, biceps, and a little forearm]

Trying for Flat Abs
Do This Ab Workout 6 times a Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPKQdboezNk

Last edited by Mikey1995 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:33 am

anyone please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHouDeani

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:42 am

dude that looks good, but for abs try doing more core moves like L-sits, dragonflags, planks, or progressions of any of those. In terms of muscle gain, it is mainly determined on what you eat and how much you eat. Even if you do 1000 dips a day, if you don't eat enough you won't grow. So if you want to gain weight or mass, eat clean but eat alot. Peanut butter, white meat, and fruits are my go to munchies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nguyenquanghung

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:45 am

well,i think you have a pretty good rounties
add more leg workout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:57 am

TheHouDeani wrote:
dude that looks good, but for abs try doing more core moves like L-sits, dragonflags, planks, or progressions of any of those. In terms of muscle gain, it is mainly determined on what you eat and how much you eat. Even if you do 1000 dips a day, if you don't eat enough you won't grow. So if you want to gain weight or mass, eat clean but eat alot. Peanut butter, white meat, and fruits are my go to munchies

im doing l-sit progressions like tuck sits, but it will take me a long time to get to l-sit cuz im not flexible enough

dragonflags fk with my back

planks too easy :// but i do them anyway

dw man im eating plenty hehehe Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:58 am

nguyenquanghung wrote:
well,i think you have a pretty good rounties
add more leg workout

i use to do legs, then i fked up on squats and my knee hurt for a couple weeks so i stopped

i still climb stairs everyday and walk long distances
so i hope thats enough for now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:04 am

Mikey1995 wrote:

im doing l-sit progressions like tuck sits, but it will take me a long time to get to l-sit cuz im not flexible enough

Make sure you warm up and stretch your hamstrings and quads first, also point your toes. You might just be tight rather than inflexible...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Higher the volume for the basics forget the fancy exercises work Pull ups, Push ups, Dips, Rows, tri ext maybe some ring work too some days with weighted vest. agree with TheHouDeani for core work.Somehow work your legs this will help you to grow work them 3 days a weeks.Diet is important eat enough but clean, fish,nuts,vegetables,some fruit,some grains.Keep progressing striving to beat your previous reps,sets, and try to learn a new move along with the basics too keep progressing!Goodluck hope this helps some!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:59 pm

ironloo wrote:
Higher the volume for the basics forget the fancy exercises work Pull ups, Push ups, Dips, Rows, tri ext maybe some ring work too some days with weighted vest. agree with TheHouDeani for core work.Somehow work your legs this will help you to grow work them 3 days a weeks.Diet is important eat enough but clean, fish,nuts,vegetables,some fruit,some grains.Keep progressing striving to beat your previous reps,sets, and try to learn a new move along with the basics too keep progressing!Goodluck hope this helps some!

dips - no place to do, & when i did them at the park before.. it messed up my shoulder even tho i used proper form ://

rows - no place to do them at home.. i work out at home :[

ok i will add l-sit progressions to my workout

why can't i do the fancy stuff?
i want to do them so i can show them off to my friends and family
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 am

Mikey1995 I see def do what you can with what you got. I think if you were to up your reps by working regular push ups,pull ups you will be stronger at some moves when you go back to them, just my opinion.Train hard Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:22 pm

ironloo wrote:
Mikey1995 I see def do what you can with what you got. I think if you were to up your reps by working regular push ups,pull ups you will be stronger at some moves when you go back to them, just my opinion.Train hard Goodluck!

i can do about 50 pushups in a row
and 12 pullups

can you explain the routine that you are suggesting please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 pm

The routine is higher volume for the BASICS ex: 20 sets x 40 push ups, 20 sets x 8 pull ups each week you increase the reps or sets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nguyenquanghung

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:39 pm

Mikey1995 wrote:
ironloo wrote:

dips - no place to do, & when i did them at the park before.. it messed up my shoulder even tho i used proper form ://

rows - no place to do them at home.. i work out at home :[

ok i will add l-sit progressions to my workout

why can't i do the fancy stuff?
i want to do them so i can show them off to my friends and family

hey man,u can used two chair to make dips bar
and u need to master the basic be4 move to more advance thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:46 pm

Just pick 5-6 basic moves and stick with them. Maybe even 4-5 moves. In the 4-5 or 5-6 move range though. Stick to the basics*pullup/dips/pushups/squats/pistols/lunges. Upper body push and pull and Lower body move. PullUps are gonna give you a pretty thorough really full body/great % of whole body work out. As you get better add weight to increase intensity/build more pure strength. The main thing is deciding your work load*reps/sets etc. For pullups I personally think regardless of goals Pyramids is the best way for intial start. Once you can bang out 20 dead hangers then Id prob drop sets/reps and start adding weight. Pyramids and Ladders can be applied to pretty much any kind of excersise move. If you are already an athlete then you may be getting enough indirect ab work from squats/pull ups/running etc to actually skip any direct ab work. Knee raise and Russian twist are always good though. I would avoid heavy running too. No need to go jogging 5-10 miles a day for 5 days per week. If you decide to run, focus on Intervals/Hill Sprints maybe 50 minutes to 1 hour per week. Youre gonna want to do weighted squats too. Olympic Bar/Kettlebell/Bookbag what ever you have. Squats will get you pumped physically and menatlly and they tend to increase the appetite too. Squats give you MOjo especially if you are doing 4 other moves to go along with them. You also need to factor in proper diet too. Im no personal trainer but I think guys like you should be getting at least prob 4500+ calories daily. Other than that all ways Full ROM and dead hangers. Peace. Also man start flipping tires and stuff. Fire Mans carrys , Climbing Rope etc. Tough Guy stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:16 am

@ironloo
doesn't it get boring do the same thing for 20 sets.. i'd get bored out of my mind ://

@nguyenquanghung
not willing to mess up my shoulder to do dips.. sorry man

@Ice Berg Slim
ok man thxx for the advice.. but i do not think i will do this seems very boring for me =[

TO EVERYONE:
OK SO HOW ABOUT IF I WANT TO GET RIPPED.. WILL MY ROUTINE HELP ME DO THAT?

I WANT A BODY LIKE THIS GUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO-Y8KGHMko&feature=relmfu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:22 pm

http://trinitytraining.blogspot.com/search/label/Prison%20Workout%20%233#uds-search-results

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:10 am

thanx but i dont think imma use dat either!!!

i wanna learn fancy moves while getting ripped!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nguyenquanghung

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:54 am

most people respect the move,but i respect the workout more......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:28 am

nguyenquanghung wrote:
most people respect the move,but i respect the workout more......

idk i want both Very Happy

is my routine really bad then or should i use it or how can i improve it??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nguyenquanghung

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:13 am

lol,you should do it 2-3 time a week if u want to show some move
you should work the basic,like ironloo said,atleast one a week.do push up,row,pull up.you can add more weight/static hold to make it difficuft
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nguyenquanghung

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:16 am

when do the basic,you can do with normal/wide/close girp,do it slow/fast.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:54 am

@ironloo
doesn't it get boring do the same thing for 20 sets.. i'd get bored out of my mind ://

Mikey1995 Thats for one day high volume, too me its not boring cause i know next time i do it again there it will be 21 reps not 20. It never gets boring,some could say a static hold is boring but to me its all training i try hard at everything and i know all methods have benefits.

I pretty much do a basic Push/Pull routine daily with once a week doing freestyle to test my strength that i built through the basics.I fluctuate from high volume workouts for endurance,low reps and heavy weight for power, light weight added and high reps for strength/endurance, weighted drop sets for power/strength,statics for strengthex: 1min. slow pull to the top - then slow 1min. on the negative for 5 sets.But mainly the basics sometimes i will throw in stuff like a planche, i train my legs very hard 4 days a week and core just about every day.My point is train the basics more then the moves.But you make the decision im just trying to help . TrainHard Goodluck!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:08 pm

ironloo wrote:
@ironloo

Mikey1995 Thats for one day high volume, too me its not boring cause i know next time i do it again there it will be 21 reps not 20. It never gets boring,some could say a static hold is boring but to me its all training i try hard at everything and i know all methods have benefits.

I pretty much do a basic Push/Pull routine daily with once a week doing freestyle to test my strength that i built through the basics.I fluctuate from high volume workouts for endurance,low reps and heavy weight for power, light weight added and high reps for strength/endurance, weighted drop sets for power/strength,statics for strengthex: 1min. slow pull to the top - then slow 1min. on the negative for 5 sets.But mainly the basics sometimes i will throw in stuff like a planche, i train my legs very hard 4 days a week and core just about every day.My point is train the basics more then the moves.But you make the decision im just trying to help . TrainHard Goodluck!!

ok im not going to use weights though, but i can see what you are saying now.. i think

so can i make my schedule like this then:

Sunday:
5 pull ups
23 decline diamond pushups
13 pull ups
28 push ups
5 pull ups

Do This Circuit 5 Times In a Row

Tuesday:
One Arm Pushups x 6 sets (3 each arm) [chest, triceps, shoulders]
Decline Diamond Pushups x 4 sets [triceps & a little chest and shoulders]
One Leg Ultra Wide Pushups x 2 sets [chest, & a little triceps and shoulders]
Crucifix Pushups x2 sets [shoulders & a little bicep, chest & lats]
Towel Chinups x 5 sets [lats, biceps, forearms]
Pullups x 3 sets [lats, and a little biceps]
Frenchie Parallel Grip Pullups x 3 sets [lats, biceps, and a little forearm]

Thursday:
5 pull ups
23 decline diamond pushups
13 pull ups
28 push ups
5 pull ups

Do This Circuit 5 Times In a Row

[ALSO I USE DECLINE DIAMOND PUSHUPS TO REPLACE THE DIPS]

Is That Better? Could you help me make a routine if this is bad? I really suck at doing this Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:15 pm

I will post a routine later for You Mikey, Whenever you do a circuit you should add 1 serious core exercise & 1 leg exercise like jump squats so u can recover from the pull ups and push ups yet still amp your heart rate up, and your reps will be higher for the pull ups and dips this way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:08 pm

ironloo wrote:
I will post a routine later for You Mikey, Whenever you do a circuit you should add 1 serious core exercise & 1 leg exercise like jump squats so u can recover from the pull ups and push ups yet still amp your heart rate up, and your reps will be higher for the pull ups and dips this way.

ok thanks ironloo
also the only exercise i really want to train bad that if you could please include in the routine are
one arm pushups.. to show off obviously
and towel pullups.. because every since i did those my biceps have grown alot

and dips hurt my shoulders so decline diamond pushups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?   

Back to top Go down

Good Workout Routine for 16 Year Old Muscle Gain?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next