Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Oap oac help needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RalphaTanYL

PostSubject: Oap oac help needed   Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:18 am

Hi guys would anyone capable of oac oap share their routine w me and maybe some people who are interested as well. Great incredible feat to obtain I believed I have the fundamentals down I can do 30 pull ups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphsquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Oap oac help needed   Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:58 am

im assuming oac and oap refer to one arm chin and one arm pull? i'll refer to them as the same thing for convenience though.

with reference to other sites such as beast skills etc, i believe doing negatives helped me to improve. i wish i could have trained with weighted pullups, but lacked equipment.

what i did was to use towel pullups. a towel on the bar, one hand grabs the low part of the towel, other hand normal on the bar. 3x5 for each side. put as much weight as you can on the non towel hand. after all, the only one you are cheating is yourself.

after a while, a few months or so, try doing controlled negatives. most probably you will still fall too quickly. if so, have the other hand hold onto the towel as you lower yourself.

an important note is not to overtrain. the oap seems to very strenous on the shoulder joint, and anecdotal evidence seems to show injuries for people who rushed into doing oap with lousy form too quickly. take it slow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BionicMan2K11

PostSubject: Re: Oap oac help needed   Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Well, Seraphsquirrel express some good points!
Also add some one arm dead hang for time.
Plus OAC be better to try first than the OAP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tyson

PostSubject: Re: Oap oac help needed   Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:36 pm

(weighted) negative pull/chin ups work best for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/TysonTSN , www.youtube.com/TysonBarBar &l
mistakenshyness

PostSubject: Re: Oap oac help needed   Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:36 am

My technique has been to grab further and further down the side bar with one arm each time, so as to progressively lessen the assistance of that arm. This has worked very well and I hope to eventually work so far down that I can finally remove the assisting arm altogether and voila, OAC. I am not quiiite at one arm negative territory yet, but I will certainly be incorporating those when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oap oac help needed   

Back to top Go down

Oap oac help needed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1