Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Questions from a novice in bodyweight exercises

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
empowermentofphysical

PostSubject: Questions from a novice in bodyweight exercises   Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:13 pm

yo, I'm 14 years old and can do about 20 pushups straight however no pullups, I've been inspired by people like Hannibal and others and want to start doing this bodyweight exercising for real, How many pushups should i do a day and can anyone give some idea's for reps and sets etc, for example, is
6 sets of 10 reps "enough" in your opinion or should i do more because i know i can do more but wanna have some people share there pushup routines with me, thanks and how many pushups do u think people like hannibal do a day,
peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a novice in bodyweight exercises   Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Hey there, glad to see more people making their way over to the boards :-)

How many of X should I do per day is really down to you, only you know what you are capable of and so what stretches you. Several people on here will be doing hundreds of pressups combined with dips (and other exercises) so try not to get fixated on doing whatever routine they are doing. This is a surefire way to get demotivated when you can't get very far in 'your idol's' routine.

instead enjoy the journey of your own exercise development and keep working at pushing yourself :-)

Have a look at the bar-barian beginners thread, especially the links to Al Kavadlo's blog as he goes though the basics of how to get your first pull-up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
empowermentofphysical

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a novice in bodyweight exercises   Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:40 am

Tim wrote:
Hey there, glad to see more people making their way over to the boards :-)

How many of X should I do per day is really down to you, only you know what you are capable of and so what stretches you. Several people on here will be doing hundreds of pressups combined with dips (and other exercises) so try not to get fixated on doing whatever routine they are doing. This is a surefire way to get demotivated when you can't get very far in 'your idol's' routine.

instead enjoy the journey of your own exercise development and keep working at pushing yourself :-)

Have a look at the bar-barian beginners thread, especially the links to Al Kavadlo's blog as he goes though the basics of how to get your first pull-up.
thanks, i done my arms today and done what the guy in the video done along with diamond pushups but i had to do dumbells for my biceps because i don't know alot of bodyweight bicep exercises
watch?v=dfcqLs8UIZw&feature=related
thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a novice in bodyweight exercises   

Back to top Go down

Questions from a novice in bodyweight exercises
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1