Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

"Easing" into it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GLMike77

PostSubject: "Easing" into it   Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:15 pm

I was wondering what you guys thought I should do in my predicament. I'd like to become a Bar-Elite one day with a lot of time and a LOT of hard work. I'm 5'10", 225ish lbs and I can barely perform a full chin-up, but I know this is something I want to do and be for the rest of my life. Obviously, losing weight is going to help, but what else should I do? I got a few suggestions from 1stratos1, but the more the merrier I think. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: "Easing" into it   Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Mike you seem to be dedicated i too use to be heavy i was 240lbs. i was able to do a few pullups but i was not happy at that weight.Reality hit i stopped everything cold turkey my meds,alcohol,fastfood crappy diet,soda, everything. I started by mapping out a 3 mile run through the streets every time i ran i made sure i went further than the last till i could run the whole 3 miles and so on. I use to lift weights and now body-weight only with squats and deads for total raw power.Now i weigh 170-175lbs. My suggestion would be to clean your diet up asap the sooner the better and quicker the results do it all at once you take a short cut your results will get cut short especially just starting out. Add maybe 3 days of cardio for a start push harder each time you run/walk and maybe a basics push/pull routine to get your muscles and tendons ready for other exercise, while you try your hardest to lose fat.

Ex workout: Keep track and every week try to beat some of the previous reps
Monday
3 sets x body weight rows
set x squats
3 sets x push ups
3 sets x lunges
3 sets x max chinup static hold for time always try to beat the time even if you hold for 1sec.
3 sets of bench dips
Core=all various forms of leg-knee raises,plenty of planks

Do this mon,wed,fri then the other days you should do cardio if i were you pick a distance and run it if you can't finish it now just make sure you run further each time to progress.

I would do this till you adapt to it maybe 4-6 weeks each week add reps to each set, run harder each run, and try to eat as healthy as possible and learn more about nutrition while you become healthier, and maybe on once or twice a week check your strength gains and see if you can do a pull up or extra dips to see your progress.I hope this helps some Mike trainhard Goodluck.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeromni

PostSubject: Re: "Easing" into it   Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:39 pm

[quote="ironloo"] hit i stopped everything cold turkey my meds,alcohol,fastfood crappy diet,soda, thats whats up dude.i give u respect i did the same thing.still struggling the ciggs every month or so.but your body thanks you for it .fighting temptation is part of the battle also.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: "Easing" into it   Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Enigma thanks, i use to smoke too just got to go all out and quit and there won't be a battle, like a knock out punch ends a fight if you don't it might come back,its 100% mentality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Easing" into it   

Back to top Go down

"Easing" into it
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1