Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ab pull.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gooberhead

PostSubject: Ab pull.....   Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:37 pm

I was working on negative muscle ups and now have pain in my right ab up high at the ribcage......makes it impossible to do regular pullups without pain. A little swelling and pain to the touch and hurts when I stretch.....any advice and rest timeframe. Bummed
Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Ab pull.....   Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:02 am

My advice would be to go to a doctor. They'll be able to help you more than we can, especially if you're swelling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scotaidh

PostSubject: Re: Ab pull.....   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:05 pm

I am not a physician, but it sounds like strain, pull, or at worse a herniation. Though hernias are not as typical in the upper abdomen. Definitely, go to a doctor. Do not chance the possible physical damage...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gooberhead

PostSubject: Re: Ab pull.....   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks for the input.......just need to be a little smarter......get older and it's easy to over do it........it's improved a lot just with rest and massage.......there are plenty of other exercises to do while it heals.
I tore a calf pretty good a few years back and it took a long time to finally heal.....I just need to quit aggravating it by jumping back into stuff too soon.

I never go to a doc unless my guts are hanging out.....lol. But if it persists I'll get it checked out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scotaidh

PostSubject: Re: Ab pull.....   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:25 pm

It's probably just a strain/pull then.. That is much much better than herniation. Give yourself rest and keep from over-training. I know its difficult. I want to train hard everyday, despite my pragmatism. Results only arrive w/patience and dedication..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gooberhead

PostSubject: Re: Ab pull.....   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Hy-Lo wrote:
It's probably just a strain/pull then.. That is much much better than herniation. Give yourself rest and keep from over-training. I know its difficult. I want to train hard everyday, despite my pragmatism. Results only arrive w/patience and dedication..

Exactly.......I want it all NOW.......and it doesn't happen that way......got through the golfer's elbow.......now this.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scotaidh

PostSubject: Re: Ab pull.....   Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Gooberhead wrote:

Exactly.......I want it all NOW.......and it doesn't happen that way......got through the golfer's elbow.......now this.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......lol

Yeah I know.. Our machine doesn't agree w/our brain. The young ones have the advantage there.. Congrats to them. I hope they always stay w/it. Stretch, Epsom Salts, and relaxed moderated training..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ab pull.....   

Back to top Go down

Ab pull.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1