Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Questions!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheEmptySoul

PostSubject: Questions!   Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:27 am

Hello. I've read the other threads too and I have some doubts.
First my records:
15 front pull-ups,13 back pull-ups, 5 feet to head leg raises, 7 pistols(per leg), 40 push-ups, L-sit, 4 dips.
1) Is there any difference between what ladder routine and pyramid routine works? (I mean if they hit different abilities).
2) When I should use drop sets, pyramid sets and ladder sets.
3) What are interval trainings and when to use them?
4) What's a super-set and when to use it?
5) Are fixed routine workouts better than the "do when I can" routine workouts?
6) Can you recommend me some exercises for combat sports specific?
7) Please, can you tell me some tips about how should I organise exercises in my workout (when isometric(static), when strenght, when endurance?)

THANKS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Questions!   Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Quote :
1) Is there any difference between what ladder routine and pyramid routine works? (I mean if they hit different abilities).
Both are different methods of endurance training, they do the same thing, just slightly differently.

Quote :
2) When I should use drop sets, pyramid sets and ladder sets.
Anytime Wink Just add them in to your regularly work out as a change.

Quote :
3) What are interval trainings and when to use them?
They are akin to density training (ladders/pyrmaids) it involves interspersing high intensity and low intensity (or rest) exercises. So you could do 20s pull-ups, followed by 40s rest/jogging on the spot.

Quote :
4) What's a super-set and when to use it?
A combination of 2 or more exercises, usually of an opposing muscle pairs. Eg Pull-ups followed by dips (no rest in between)

Quote :
5) Are fixed routine workouts better than the "do when I can" routine workouts?
Getting into the habit of working out is good, and fixing sessions will help. However don't feel bound to this either way... If you want to work out, go for it. Don't feel that you shouldn't because it's not the right time or it's a 'rest' day.

Equally if you feel dead. Take the day off and a rest. You may even need 3 days or a full week rest occasionally. Smile

Quote :
6) Can you recommend me some exercises for combat sports specific?
Core, core, CORE and core!!! Apart from core, it depends on what combat sport you're doing. Boxing will benefit from explosive pushing exercises, grappling from (static) pulling, Fencing squats, explosive squats, calf raises...

Quote :
7) Please, can you tell me some tips about how should I organise exercises in my workout (when isometric(static), when strenght, when endurance?)
I tend to dedicate individual workouts to individual areas. So 1 day might be strength, the next might be density, rest days tend to include some static/handstands in as well Smile Using static holds at the end of a session can also help stretch out your muscles too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheEmptySoul

PostSubject: Re: Questions!   Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Thank you very much ! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions!   

Back to top Go down

Questions!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top