Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

EnchantedBoo's training log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:52 am

Thursday August 2nd:

Pool work with and without fins

Assorted bridges, L-sits, pullups, pushups, front lever pulls, side to side variations, etc

I bumped up my protein intake today to help with the atrophy in my inner calves, hamstrings, and back, shoulders, rotator cuffs, and other assorted parts of my body from being out of position for so long. I think my testosterone levels have also surged, as I'm starting to put on lean muscle extremely quickly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:30 am

Friday August 3rd:

Still feeling the effects of last night when my upper rib cage expanded more. It ended up putting my right shoulder blade out of place, so I went to my chiropractor and had him adjust me again. It was still a little out afterward, so I did some more pool work and then a little bit of pushups/pullups/dips/bridges/L-sits/twists and eventually it cracked back into place. I'm still feeling things shifting around back there every few minutes or so.

Last edited by EnchantedBoo on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:38 am

Great log brother. Awesome work you have done here...Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:21 am

Thanks a lot NGN, I really appreciate it. It's definitely rewarding to see my body changing so quickly after putting the work in for so long, although at times it's a bit of an uncomfortable process with everything shifting this fast. Once I get through this transition phase I'm gonna start doing full workouts again and coming hard for the bar-barian reqs. Hopefully I'll be able to earn some golden wings before the year is up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:17 am

Well damn, my right shoulder came out again. Hopefully it'll refix itself by the end of tomorrow. Gonna need to do more rhomboid work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:50 am

Saturday August 3rd 2012:

Taking a flight out to the east coast today at 630am. I had a hard time falling asleep last night so I just layed there and contracted my rhomboids as much as I could for about an hour and a half before I finally passed out. When I woke up, my right shoulder was back into place, so now I'm just being extremely careful with it. Hopefully it will stay in despite me being in planes and cars all day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Just got off the plane after doing 7 hours straight of rhomboid and serratus isometrics. Both shoulder are pretty solidly in place now and my range of motion has had another huge increase.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:07 am

I've got a really sick bar setup near where I am right now. It's got overhead bars, parallel bars, metal rings (playground ones, not olympic) in both an even height setup and a staggered height setup. Did a few front lever pulls, assisted one arm pullups on the uneven rings, and some side to side pullups. I avoided doing any pushing, as that would be counterproductive for my rhomboids right now.

Night time:

Stupid shoulder pops out of place every once in a while, although if I just raise my arms from my sides to above my head (looks like youre making a snow angel) , it seems to go back into the right place easily. I've been sleep deprived for three days now from traveling to various places, so I'm gonna get a good 12-15 hours of sleep tonight and hopefully that will help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:56 am

Sunday August 5th 2012:

My shoulders have been extremely finnicky today. Turns out my right was only partially in. However, things have shifted a lot today. I've had left in/right out, left in/right half out, left out/right in, and left out/right out. Gonna go hit the bars tomorrow and do a ton of rows to get them both in if I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Monday August 6th 2012:

I realized that the reason both shoulders were out was because I had started slouching in the car again without realizing it, so this morning I did a bunch of rows and other rhomboid strengthening exercises. I've also constructed a routine for my dad while we're on vacation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:57 am

Went kayaking earlier to help with my rhomboids, then passed out when I got back before getting some dinner. My shoulders are still out but I've been feeling things release all day as I continue to do hyperextensions, isometrics, and more rhomboid exercises. Hopefully I can get everything in place within a few days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:10 pm

Tuesday August 7th 2012:

Did a freestyle workout consisting of assisted one arm pullups on uneven rings, one arm pushups, L sit leg raises on parallel bars, dips, wide grip rows (should've done more of these), front lever pulls, hyperextensions, short bridges, lunges, hindu squats, elevated one legged calf raises, and a sprint or two. Even with both scapula still out of place, I'm still monstrously fast compared to my old self. Things in my upper back were shifting and cracking throughout the day after the workout, so it shouldn't be too long before my rhomboids engage my scapula and lock them down against my spine. Either way I'll be seeing my chiropractor in a week as soon as I'm back from vacation.

I also ran my dad through the workout routine I made for him, and he was more exhausted in 20 minutes than he was from his usual 45mins-1hour workout with weights. We may have a new convert to bodyweight training haha Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
czar

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Whats up Smile
I like detailed posts, Boo, so everything's bright and clear.
Anyway I wish you lots of progress, also I wish for your shoulder to get back to its normal state which will happen for sure.

Cheers,
Czar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks Czar, I appreciate it a lot. I'm glad you like the detailed posts!

Thursday August 9th 2012:

Met up with Enigma in Boston to get a work out in. He brought rings and we put in some sets for about 3 hours while talking and just having some fun. My workout consisted of assisted one arm pullups on uneven rings, one arm pushups, L sit leg raises on both parallel bars and rings, rows on rings and a straight bar, front lever pulls, tuck planche pushes, lunge walks, and one legged calf raises. After the workout, my body continued to shift and crack throughout the day. Hopefully I'll make it back to Boston sometime to meet up with Enigma again, as this was an awesome experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Friday August 10th 2012:

Lots of things releasing in my chest throughout the day. Gained a little bit more range of motion in my shoulders.

Saturday August 11th 2012:

Ended up with really tight hip flexors after waiting around in the airport in Boston and being crammed in planes and cars for most of the day.

Sunday August 12th 2012:

Things are continuing to change and release in my upper back throughout the day. I'm starting to hit the point where I can't really keep track of all the changes that go on in my body throughout each day, as my body is constantly shifting and tightening up / releasing things. Definitely need to see my chiropractor when I get back to California in a week or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Monday August 13th 2012:

Did a routine consisting of one arm assisted pullups on uneven rings, one arm pushups, pullups, pushups, divebomber and hindu pushups, dips, L-sit leg raises on parallel bars, tuck planche pushes on parallel bars, rows, front lever pulls, lunge walks, and sprints. I also tried full bridge presses, which seem to really hit the back of my body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Tuesday August 14th 2012:

Stretching, hyperextensions, bridges, and twists throughout the day. Managed to release my right hip flexor although the left is still tight. Definitely gonna need to go to the chiropractor after my flight back to california in a few days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Wednesday August 15th 2012:

Routine consisting of front lever pulls, mixed grip rows, assisted one arm pullups on uneven rings, one arm pushups, hindu pushups, hyperextensions, full bridges, L-sit leg raises on parallel bars, tuck planche pushes, dips, and then I played some ultimate frisbee afterward with my cousins and their friends. Also did more twists, bridges, and hyperextensions throughout the day.

My dad is liking the routine I gave him so much that we've ordered a power tower for back home, as well as a set of metal rogue rings for myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Thursday August 16th 2012:

More stretching and static holds throughout the day. Late at night, more things released in my upper back as I was doing shrugging movements and rhomboid contractions. The range of motion in my shoulders has increased yet again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:28 am

Friday August 17th 2012:

Lots of stretching throughout the day. I also saw a movie, went out to dinner with family, and did a lot more things involving excessive sitting, so I started arching my lower back even more while sitting, which seems to have improved its strength a lot.

I've since managed to release my left hip flexor, so both legs are now much more free moving. My upper back and shoulder blades continue to release and gain range of motion. Still need to see my chiropractor when I get back home though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:30 am

Saturday August 18th 2012:

Just a quick routine today to maintain my strength until I get to my chiropractor on Monday. Consisted of front lever pulls, rows, a few muscle ups (definitely need to hold off on these until my body settles completely), one arm pushups, one arm assisted pullups on uneven rings, L-sit leg raises, and tuck planche pushes.

I'll be in planes and cars all day tomorrow as I get back over to home in California, so I'll just be focusing on keeping everything as in place as I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Sunday August 19th 2012:

Traveling all day. Tried to maintain good posture throughout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Monday August 20th 2012:

Went to see my chiropractor and got adjusted. My body already feels much better, though I still need to do more rowing work to bring my shoulders fully into place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Tuesday August 21st 2012:

Routine consisting of assisted one arm pullups with chair, one arm pushups, front lever pulls, L-sit work, bridge work, divebomber pushups, rows, and speed rope work.

Later at night my shoulders continued to crack backwards into place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Wednesday August 22nd 2012:

Rest day, shoulders continue to shift.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   

Back to top Go down

EnchantedBoo's training log