Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

EnchantedBoo's training log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:45 pm

Thursday December 29th 2011:

Just another freestyle workout while I'm up visiting some family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:01 am

Saturday December 31st 2011:

Another freestyle workout, focusing on mixing things up. Doing easier variations, hard variations, one side work, slow work, etc

Happy New Year!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Wednesday January 4th 2012:

DId skip's pyramid pullup routine then fell asleep at my brothers place haha

1-10 pyramid pullups w/10 pushups per step

Thursday January 5th 2012:

A freestyle workout again, just mixed in some pyramid sets and unilateral work. Also found out that I can do a tuck front lever, now I just need to straighen my back out. Freestyling is definitely getting me stronger, so I'm glad I looked into it more. Also thanks to Zef and all the others who encourage freestyle routines or have talked about them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:29 am

Saturday January 7th 2012:

Did a bondi routine today, so I'll probably continue it for a while and see how it goes. Not sure whether or not I'll keep track of numbers. I got a nice burn from the workout though, so we'll see how I feel tomorrow. Also, I found some outside bars today near my brothers place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:07 pm

Monday January 9th 2012:

Did the bondi routine again today, and wow I did not realize how much stronger I got over break. It was my first workout back in my college gym and I was more explosive than ever. I was getting the bar to about the top of my abs/bottom of my chest on my first few sets. I feel like if I had wanted to, I probably couldve hit a muscle up on the second set, but I'm gonna wait until later in the week to try. Instead of writing down absolutely everything, I think for now I'm just going to keep track of how explosive my pullups are, check my maxes every once in a while, and keep doing more freestyle stuff. At this rate, I think I'll be able to start repping out muscle ups within a month, maybe sooner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:07 am

can you please explain what a bodi routine is? or a link please
seems like you enjoy it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:28 am

Bondi, as in Marcus Bondi and Bondi Beach. I picked up his ebook on impulse over break, and the routine I'm talking about is the one in there. It's a little too expensive (in my opinion) as it's only 13 pages, but the material itself is good. It's very concise and to the point, and the routine works. I already knew most, if not all of the info, but I was forgetting to include some of the concepts in my workouts. I'll be using the routine exclusively for the next 2-4 weeks, or basically until I hit my first muscle up. Then, I'll simply add it to my arsenal of routines and go back to more freestyle workouts.

Tuesday January 10th 2012:

Ultimate practice 7-9 pm.

Notes: I can finally run again, as my foot is probably about 90-95% healed, but I'm still being careful with it. My legs are also completely detrained, as I haven't been able to work them at all in over 2 months because of my injury. I'll probably add 2-3 sets of leg exercises at the end of my regular workouts just to start building them back up slowly while still being able to recover properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Tuesday January 10th 2012:

Ultimate practice 7-9pm. Legs started cramping halfway through, so I took the rest of practice easy

Wednesday January 11th 2012:

Ran through the bondi routine again today, although I had to cut it short by one set due to extreme cramping in my legs. They're sore from yesterday's ultimate practice and it seems jumping up onto the bar a few too many times pushed them over the edge (yes they are that detrained right now). Gonna take a hot shower and stretch them out, maybe do some wall sits or something later tonight if I can.

On a much better note, I was able to get the bar to about the middle of my abs on my first few sets of pullups. If I had used a decent amount of kip, I feel like I probably could've hit my first muscle up today. However, I'd rather use less kip than more, some I'm going to keep working on explosive pullups. I'll probably hit a muscle up within a week or two.

Last edited by EnchantedBoo on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 am

Thursday January 12th 2012:

Ultimate practice 7-9 pm. Didn't cleat up, as my legs were still recovering. Just observed and threw a bit.

Friday January 13th 2012:

I did the bondi routine again tonight and felt pretty good even though I'm still recovering from a rowdy wednesday night. I'm noticing that its getting easier to be explosive for longer periods of time, which is a good sign. I'm 80-90% sure I could hit a muscle up right now if I threw in some kip, but I'm going to keep working on being explosive with strict form for now.

Last edited by EnchantedBoo on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:54 pm

hey Enchanted!!! whats up bro! would you PM me the bondi routine? aight peace! 100
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:52 am

Sorry man, I don't think I should be giving out his routine, especially when Marcus himself is a bar-barian. However, it's basically a med-high volume superset routine with a few extras thrown in. Just hard work really
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:35 pm

gosh darnit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Sunday January 15th 2012:

Paintball practice: 8-3pm. Mainly just snap shooting, as my foot was still bugging me a bit

Monday January 16th 2012:

It is official. I did two muscle-ups today. I'm psyched as hell cause I've been working towards this for over a year (couldn't even do a single pullup this time last year) and I finally nailed it. Afterwards I also threw in some unilateral work and fast/slow work, front lever progressions, basically just freestyle. On to the bar-barians requirements, more advanced moves, and beyond....

Last edited by EnchantedBoo on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Wednesday January 18th 2012:

Just did another freestyle routine today, focusing on supersets. I also was able to hit a muscle up on my first attempt and do 2 in a row, so I'm already improving. I threw in a little bit of unilateral work at the end, as I'm still trying to even out some muscle imbalances between my left and right sides. Also threw in 4 sets of isometric squats

However, the biggest thing today was that I took my roommate to the gym with me. I've started him off doing my routine, but scaled to his level. I've challenged him to hit a muscle-up by june (finals week of spring quarter), and I hope to hit the bar-barian requirements at the same time that he gets his first muscle-up, if not sooner.

Last edited by EnchantedBoo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Friday January 20th 2012:

Freestyle workout again, went up to 3 muscle ups in a row, almost got a 4th but I got stuck on the transition. I also threw in some unilateral work and slower tempo stuff. Oh man am I having fun with this....

Also threw in 4 sets of isometric squats as I'm still getting my leg strength back up after coming of my foot injury

Last edited by EnchantedBoo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:22 pm

EnchantedBoo wrote:
Friday January 20th 2012:

Freestyle workout again, went up to 3 muscle ups in a row, almost got a 4th but I got stuck on the transition. I also threw some in unilateral work and slower tempo stuff. Oh man am I having fun with this....

Congrats on your muscle-ups, I was addicted after my first one Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Thanks Sosna! They're quite the rush really. The stronger I get the more fun this kind of training becomes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:00 am

Monday January 23rd 2012:

Freestyle routine including the following:

3 muscle up max still (almost 4, just being careful with my elbows for now so I don't get injured)
Unilateral bar/floor work
Fast/slow work
Mixed grips
Bar hangs
Isometric squats (still making sure my foot is completely healed)

On an interesting note, my roommate went to the gym tonight without me to do the routine I gave him. He's now got 2 other people on my floor interested, so I'm probably going to be doing sessions later at night with them and getting them all started on this kind of training. Although I'm by no means amazingly strong yet, it feels good to start passing on the things I've learned so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:42 pm

A little bit of soreness in my elbows today, as the muscle up transition is fairly rough on them. I'm going to take a back off workout on Wednesday where I only do non-explosive movements. I'll focus on endurance work and slow work to give my joints a rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Tuesday January 24th 2012:

Ultimate practice 7-9 pm. Calves started cramping after a sprinting/catching drill so I just did some light leg exercises and a little bit of conditioning work throughout the rest of practice.

Wednesday January 25th 2012:

Back-off workout to give my joints a rest:

4 sets of mixed grip pullups/pushups + bar hangs
1 set of slow pullups/pushups
Isometric squats

Note: my elbows are feeling better, so I'll step things up a little on friday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:01 pm

IDK man... dont laugh, but, My arms/shoulders always feel so tight whenever I go up and attempt a Muscle Up... Makes it kinda hard to complete one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Really? I've found the opposite to be true so far, my arms/shoulders are fairly loose (I make sure to warm up first), and my elbows get a little roughed up. Different bodies I suppose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:45 pm

EnchantedBoo wrote:
Really? I've found the opposite to be true so far, my arms/shoulders are fairly loose (I make sure to warm up first), and my elbows get a little roughed up. Different bodies I suppose

Ha my wrists/forearms burnout quickly, funny how we have different problems. Everything is getting better with time though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:50 am

Yup, we've all got our own individual challenges.

Thursday January 26th 2012:

Ultimate practice 7-9 pm. Knees are bothering me so I didn't cleat up today. Instead I did the following:

3 sets of one leg calf raises both sides
1 set of static hold calf raises top position both sides
Wall sits
One legged wall sits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnchantedBoo

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Friday January 27th 2012:

Freestyle routine including:

A couple muscle-ups
Unilateral work
MIxed grip pullups/pushups, focusing on being explosive on the concentric
Bar hangs
Slow tempo pullups/pushups

Notes: Felt noticeably weaker today, which I think might have something to do with nutrition (it took a few tries to get up over the bar on my muscle-ups). I'm down to about 136-138, so I'm going to start eating hard again. Lots of milk, nuts, and water.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EnchantedBoo's training log   

Back to top Go down

EnchantedBoo's training log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next