Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fun Beginner Conditioning Workout - Ladder Circuits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mgraham404

PostSubject: Fun Beginner Conditioning Workout - Ladder Circuits   Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:04 pm

In the circuit you will be using wide grip push-ups, Australian pull-ups, diamond push-ups, and squats. The first three have a multiplier of 1 while squats have a multiplier of 3. There is no rest between circuits, because the other exercises should be rest enough for your muscles.

Round 1:
1 Wide Grip Push-ups
1 Australian Pull Ups
1 Diamond Push-ups
3 Squats
Round 2:
2 Wide Grip Push-ups
2 Australian Pull Ups
2 Diamond Push-ups
6 Squats
Etc.

You keep doing this until you fail to complete a round with one of these exercises. Let's say you make it to round 10 and fail on diamond push-ups. Example:
Round 10
10 Wide Grip Push-ups
10 Australian Pull-ups
9 Diamond Push-ups
30 Squats

You move on to round 11, but you drop off the exercise that you failed to complete the last round with.
Round 11
11 Wide Grip Push-ups
11 Australian Pull-ups
33 Squats

Keep moving up in rounds while continuing to drop exercises until you've failed to complete a round with the last exercise (obviously once you start dropping exercises you get less and less rest for each movement. Work as HARD as possible to not let this happen).

You can switch out the exercises and add different multipliers however you see fit with your level, but this is beginning to take my conditioning to a new level and just wanted to share it with you all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Fun Beginner Conditioning Workout - Ladder Circuits   Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Looks good, might give it a go tonight... what's your definition of australian pull-ups? (i've heard two...
1. Hang upside down on a pull-up bar and pull up
2. Reverse of of push up, using a dip bar or equivalent low bar/rings. )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Fun Beginner Conditioning Workout - Ladder Circuits   Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:32 pm

The second definition. The first one you posted I've always heard called a body weight curl.
http://www.alkavadlo.com/2010/01/all-about-australian-pull-ups/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Fun Beginner Conditioning Workout - Ladder Circuits   Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Cool Smile (i hadn't heard of the second defn till i read Al's article! xD )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Fun Beginner Conditioning Workout - Ladder Circuits   Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Haha, I think I found it either on Al's article or one of Daniel's videos on youtube.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Fun Beginner Conditioning Workout - Ladder Circuits   Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:20 pm

had a go at this and I have to say it's really good Smile

I completed 1-10 fine, though my legs were so shot after the 30 squats (a$$ to ground) that I couldn't actually hold myself to do a press-up (and since I was doing the body weight rows with my feet against the wall on an iron gym i couldn't do them either!)

20 mins later my legs are still quivering!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Fun Beginner Conditioning Workout - Ladder Circuits   Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Yeah, glad you liked it! It doesn't sound like much, but when you start doing it and you're constantly doing those higher repetitions of squats... heart exploder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Fun Beginner Conditioning Workout - Ladder Circuits   Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:39 pm

It only took about 10 mins, but definitely got my heart rate going! It's the whole no rest thing Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun Beginner Conditioning Workout - Ladder Circuits   

Back to top Go down

Fun Beginner Conditioning Workout - Ladder Circuits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1