Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Doubts from a beginner!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RiccardoC

PostSubject: Doubts from a beginner!   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:35 am

Sorry for the stupid question guys, but I'm totally noob with Bw training!

I've started to apply some of the training I've found here but I really don't know if they are ok for a beginner or not.

Which is the difference beetween straight sets (Es: 3 x max pull ups) or other kind of training such circuits, ladders, pyramids and such?

Thx for the help, I'm a bit confused on what to use (or If it's ok to mix them up)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Doubts from a beginner!   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:53 am

Well for circuits u can pick exercises that work ur full body so this will increase mostly ur endurance i think and also u can make a good cardio with circuit training.

Well expect max sets there are also fixed rep sets (u pick lets say a number less than ur max and u do sets of these with some rest but in a manner that it will be much difficult to do the last sets) , pyramids etc etc, i think its almost the same just one other way to work to get ur reps higher. So all these ways are similar just play with it and do what u enjoy most.

BUT i think when u want to work mostly on strength fixed rep sets and max sets are the best cause of low reps u do. In pyramids , ladders etc i think u tend to do more reps than normal sets.

One pros in pyramids is that it can be used as a warm up and cool down at the same time , as u gradually increase and then decrease reps. Same goes for ladders in case of warm up.

Hope it helps and it make sense. Guys if i m wrong or forgot to write some important differences then plz correct me or just reply with the extra info Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RiccardoC

PostSubject: Re: Doubts from a beginner!   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Thx man! been really kind to answer!

Today I did a fixed rep WO and felt really good...I'll mix it up a little bit, write down the numbers and try everytime to improve!

Thx again Smile

P.s= By the way the WO was:

A1: Pull ups 5 x MAX
A2: Dips 5 x MAX

B1: Pushups 3-4 x 15
B2 : Chin-ups (totally gassed here): 3-4 x 6

+ tryed some things on the bar, mainly explosive work...but was just too much for my resistence!

Nothing for the legs cause I got to have my right knee checked for a legment problem!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doubts from a beginner!   

Back to top Go down

Doubts from a beginner!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1